Differential monitor/main output levels per rig in performance mode

• Bit of a newbie ... long time helix user and now enjoying the kemper after weeks and weeks of trawling through profiles.

When playing live , i monitor through tube amp ( no cab enabled) on stage and then send main mix (with cab) to FOH.

With helix i could vary the output level per snapshot independently on monitor and FOH outs. SO ... for example: I like a big volume boost on stage when i hit solo. Probably bigger then the FOH engineer would like. So i used to decrease the boost level to FOH by reducing the cab or IR level assigned to that snapshot.

Can't see a way to do this on Kemper - the main / monitor levels are global and there's no way (seemingly) of varying the cab level - or output from mains other than global.

Have i missed something or is this just not possible?

• Ok , thanks for the reply.

That doesn't really achieve what i want to do though. I believe this used to be possible with separate cab and amp volume in older software versions. I'm wondering why it was removed?

• I think what you ar3e asking is can I vary the amount of signal boost per rig between the two outputs.

No you can't. You can of course balance the global volume outputs and you can of course change the volume boost per rig but not alter the amount of signal output to FOH per rig.

Not sure why you would want a different level of boost on stage to that FOH though. It would flip the sound balance on stage, not exactly considerate to other band members and any bleed on stage would shift the sound balance out front as well.

BTW I always sound check my boost levels with the FOH as well...

• Again ... thanks for this. I've kinda reached the same conclusion.

To be honest - this is quite specific to smaller gigs/venues where the live sound of the band is more 'augmented' by the PA rather than completely controlled. Fairly minimal monitoring and it usually vocals and any acoustic instruments. Indeed we may be running the FOH mix from stage (iPad etc). So typically i would get a vol lift onstage for solos but the FOH would remain the same level. So the audience perceive a vol lift but not excessive. I also have a couple of patches ( helix) where i run harmonies into FOH at a lower level. A kinda of WDW but using FOH as the wet.

Like i say, small venues only. I have no issue on larger stages. It's just one of those things that helix does with ease but seemingly not poss with kemper. Not a huge problem and i'm certainly liking the kemper sound and feel, so the trade off may be worth it.