Monitor output level

• Just wondering what most people set their monitor output levels at?, I have a power rack and use a 2 x 12 cab loaded with two celestion FRFR speakers.

My main output volume is set at -18 db should I set my monitor output at the same level?, I've seen that a lot of people run monitor outputs at around -12 db, what is the advantage of this?

• The only advantage is that -12 is louder than -18db. Like ST said. Just set it to the level that is good for you and not too loud for other bandmates.

The more you find what Kemper can do then the harder you try to find what it cannot do -- like make a good cup of Frappuccino.

• Thanks for that, its more about the level of signal hitting my monitors, I run my Kemper three different ways.

1, home use and online teaching, for this I run from the Kemper's quarter inch monitor out into an interface and into two studio monitors (It's this application where I find I'm getting some buzzing, especially in the low end and more high gain profiles, like its peaking, but it's not that loud.)

2. Live, where I run it into a 2 x 12 cab at 4ohms with two celestion FRFR speakers that are 200 watts each.

3. I occasionally run it through the effects return of a 100 watt Marshall and a 4 x 12 cab from the monitor out and turn off the cab sim.

I'm just wondering if I would get a better result with mainly options 1 and 3 if the monitor out signal was -18 rather than -12.

Thanks guys, appreciate your advice.

• Just wondering what most people set their monitor output levels at?, I have a power rack and use a 2 x 12 cab loaded with two celestion FRFR speakers.

My main output volume is set at -18 db should I set my monitor output at the same level?, I've seen that a lot of people run monitor outputs at around -12 db, what is the advantage of this?

I think you are potentially mixing up 2 things:

For output to a PA system through the main outputs it need to be set at -12db in order not to fry the desk.

For speaker output ( red ring) , that is managed by the master volume and power amp boost. This can be set to taste as long as you don;t blow the speakers.

Most people unlink the volumes as they rarely need to be in sync.