Getting a good sound through Alesis monitor speakers

• Hello,

I have a Kemper profiler and a remote floorboard. I play my Guitar through a pair of Alesis M1 Active MK2, monitor speakers. Can you give me some advice on profiles and settings to get the best possible sound from my setup. I am looking for a good Acoustic, clean and distorted lead sound for playing and recording. Thank you.

• Connect the main outs from the Kemper to the speakers or your interface. Balanced XLR is best but you will still get good results 99% of the time even with unbalanced 1/4” TS cables. Set Main Out to Master Stereo and engage -12db checkbox.

For acoustic guitars just turn off the amp and cabinet section and add any Compression, EQ, reverb etc to taste. Or you can buy some dedicated acoustic rigs which profile well know acoustic preamps or classic mic preamps to add just a touch of colour.

For regular electric sounds load Rig Manager on your computer, set the chicken head knob to Browser and spend some time trying out the factory content. Favourite any rigs that you like to create a shortlist and keep coming back to them to get to know them better. The factory content is so good that you don’t really need to buy rig packs (much of the factory stuff is actually just free samples from commercial rig packs anyway so if you find you tend to like a specific author then you might want to check out more of their packs later but there is no rush to do so).

• Dont forget the Kemper has an acoustic simulator built in. May be in the EQ section (I am not at my machine). I started with a Rig Exchange profile based on an acoustic sim. Cant remember which one.

For clean there are tons out there. A fun one to start with (and works well with the acoustic sim) is Wooly Coats Spanky MK2 on the Rig Exchange.

A lead tone is tough because there are a 20k choices on the rig exchange. And you can use the built in stomps. My favs are the OCD overdrive driving into the stomp compressor set to its default soft (and raising the effect from 3.5 to about 4.5-5.5).