Carol Ann Triptik 50

• The "TRIPTIK LEAD-2" is the profile of the amp like I normally have it set, the other profiles were to just to see how some different settings would turn out when profiled.

• I juste wanted to make a big thanks for these profiles , the leads are mighty good.

Grab a Les Paul ... select Carol Ann Triptik Lead 4 ... do NOT tweak anything ... instantly feel like Gary Moore in front of 20 000 people :D :D :D :D

Each of your 4 leads have their own voicing from creamy lead marshall to mesa boogie thickness , all sound Hot Fat & Juicy. They also clean up very well , with the gain knob or with the vol pot even simply on the attack of the fingers & pick.

Many many thanks for this excellent collection of rigs, could you explain what settings did you use while profiling ? looks like the original amp has a modern & classic settings.

• Thank you, your efforts are very much appreciated, will try soon, great profiles have been coming thick and fast and I have quite a backlog, times are not tough :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yeah , it's not like we are needing more profiles, but they keep coming & coming at an exponantial rate with the community growing and with some real gems like this ones...

I wonder what the rig exchange will look like in ten years , 50 000 rigs ?? :P

• Wow, thanks for all the kind words. I should note that I also did these profiles with a 412 cab and uploaded those profiles last night. Here's some info on the profiles...

Clean-1 and Clean-2 are the same amp settings, the difference is Clean-1 was profiled as a clean amp and Clean-2 was profiled as a distorted amp.

Lead-1: Classic Mode, Drive 1:00
    Lead-2: Classic Mode, Drive 4:00
    Lead-3: Modern Mode, Drive 1:00
    Lead-4: Modern Mode, Drive 4:00

The tone controls were set the same on each channel:
    Treble: 2:00
    Mid: 12:00
    Bass: 12:00
    Presence: 1:00

Here's a photo of the amp as it was profiled: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp128rsc98sqepg/Triptik.JPG
     [Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp128rsc98sqepg/Triptik.JPG

Edited 3 times, last by timowens ().

• Hi Tim , I've been trying your last batch of rigs, it's even better than the 1st :)

The lead2 'classic channel' is fantastic, tried it with my strat, I could find many gain settings all across the gain course, all of them with a specific & beautiful tonal character, sweet, growl and great attack & sustain. The pedals react also very well with it.

So far your 'lead4' from the 1st pack is my favorite for HB and 'lead2' from the 2nd for SC should be part of the 'factory rigs' for me.

Looks like the Carol Ann is a killer amp for vintage & classic rigs, thanks for taking all this time profiling it for us. :thumbup:

• Man , I could'nt resist posting something recorded with those CarolAnn rigs , they are pure magic on my les paul 8o

You captured it so well I swear I can hear the F.....K red hot tubes cooking in it while I play them.

here is this little 'decadent' blues theme

Wha is played with the Tripik Lead2 4x12 tweaked a bit. Chords are played on my strat with the same rig + Harmonizer (warble bug included ;)

Bass is my own Dakota rig with -1 oct harmonizer

the leads are pure Triptik Lead2 4x12 on HB , Gain is very low there, just about 9' o clock The reserve of gain from this point is incredible to say the least 8o

• Yep Waraba, In my mind thats the LP tone a lot of people spend a lot of money chasing :)

Good one timowens :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yeah, you're right, I've been chasing this kind of sound for years (I'm a big John Miles Fan, Rebel & Stranger in the city period).

You really have to try those rigs to believe your ears.

This 'classic' channel (4x12 lead2) has everything I need in a guitar amp dedicated to the Les Paul :

on neck Pickup :

sparkle, warm & chimey nature
    you can ear all strings on a chord
    reacts naturally to attack
    very sensitive to vol pot, tone pot and finger attack (I don't play with a pick)

on bridge ,same as above , but :

capacity to 'highlight' the Les Paul growl from subtle attack to power chords & palm muting
    possibility to play some clean/dirty rhythm then switch to lead just by vol. pot & attack
    breaks soon with minimal gain
    sustains forever ;)
    cuts the mix & takes KPA pedal well

This CarolAnn has it all + some kind of voodoo magic. I now have to find the right tweaks for my strat.

Tim ,Any chance of profiling it with a classic strat or tele (low gain SC) ???