Performance Mode & Roland FC-300 - a guide

• Had a chance to do some testing tonight and have hit a roadbump, when the VG-99 and FC-300 are in SysEx mode, and you set to output #CC when you hit buttons on the FC-300, they are all in momentary and not latching. Changing performance/slot worked a treat, as did the Exp pedals, but the problem is the FX slots are only active as long as you hold the button down on the FC. Not cool.

I may have thought of a work around tho, I'm hunting for a MIDI Solutions Event Processor, which can convert #CC to NRPN (to control the advanced functions of the KPA) but also ignore #CC. If I set it to ignore the "off" part of the #CC, I should be able to activate a FX slot in the KPA and not have it turn off. Obviously then to turn it off, I would have to reset the rig, hopefully by just pressing the patch (#PC) button on the FC-300, but worst case is switching to a different slot and back again. Not ideal but I really want to use just one foot controller.

• Thanks to you Kempermaniac for your input it was very helpful to me.

I'm not sure how you finally did set up the FC-300 in detail in oder to function with the Kemper. I actually assigned 2 CC's to each floor-tab. The fist one for the selection of the performance bank (47 => 1 - 124) the second one for the slot (50 - 54). Default Channel is 1 as it seems This works in patch mode where you are also able to name your patches correspondingly. Once done for the floor-tabs 1 - 5 you can simply copy them to your next bank which u select with the up and down tabs on the board. The only thing u need to adjust is CC 47 (instead on 0 for the fist bank its now 1 ... etc.) and of course the name of your patch. AFAIK CTRL 1 and 2 can be assigned with alternative CC's dependent on the tab selected on the board - its virtually an additional 2 floor tabs for each of the 5 main tabs on the board. Might be used to de-/activate individual stomps for the individual performance assigned. But still need to varify this.

Hope that this is of some help for somebody. I'm not a native english speaker so sry for any linguistic mistakes.

• Did anyone succeed in assigning gain control in a morph function to one pf the expression pedals?

I'd like to use the left expression pedal to control the amount of gain in a certain rig
    I'm running the FC300 in standard mode
    I've changes the CC# for thah pedal to #11 in the FC300 settings and I can see the pedal movement in the system settings on the kemper. But how do I assign the gain control?

An additional question: can this be saved per rig? Because in one rig I'd like to use the pedal for volume and in another for gain control.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

• Mauce, what you need to do is:

1) Move your exp pedal to heel position, tailor your tone.

2) Move your exp pedal to toe position. Notice that small black bar on the screen that moves all the way to the right.

3) Adjust the gain as desired.

4) Save the profile.

Now, whenever you move the exp pedal to heel position, it will be your original setting, and at toe, it will be the morphed setting.

Cheers!

• The black bar in

when should I start with step 1? From what situation?

The bar mentioned in step 2 is not showing.

• o wait. I should be in the system menu I see now.

There is a big BUT, namely that for this I had to change the CC to #11 on th FC300 which makes this pedal unusable as volume padal for all other rigs.

Is it possible to obtain the same situation without having to sacrifice the volume functionality for the other rigs?

• o wait. I should be in the system menu I see now.

There is a big BUT, namely that for this I had to change the CC to #11 on th FC300 which makes this pedal unusable as volume padal for all other rigs.

Is it possible to obtain the same situation without having to sacrifice the volume functionality for the other rigs?

This varies across expression pedals, really. The system menu logic of wah>pitch, wah>volume, etc, does not seem to work unless your expression pedal is connected directly to the Kemper, from what I've experienced with my expression pedal.

Is it not possible to connect your expression pedal directly to the Kemper? If not, you'll have to try another solution.

What I usually do is map a button on my foot controller to change the CC# being transmitted by my expression pedal. One hit for volume, another for wah/pitch, another for morph and so on.

It isn't elegant, but if you want to stick to one expression pedal, you'll have to go this route (I think).

Does anyone else have a good idea of how you can get wah>volume, etc working if you are using something other than the Remote?