Posts by G String

(Like I said...) I agree with the principle, just hopefully will be tweaked a bit

look at this thread alone. if there is one predominant complain, it is the caps.
    from what we can see, our users are super keen on learning about new rigs. invest time in quality and good demos and i'm sure things will work out well for you.
    if nobody uses caps, users will spend more time in this section simply because they can read it better. all we do here is to level the playing field.
    gs

Please note that both sub forums in this commercial profile section have rules. Those are lined out in the sticky posts within the sub forum in question. We want to make sure that both advertisers and potential buyers of their rigs have their space. So, read the instructions before you participate in the discussion, please.
    gs

as you can see, we're trying to improve the structure of the relevant forum section. let's see how this works. i wonder if now is a good time to make a cut and close all the old commercial threads so people can read them but not re-activate them. This way we'd have an actual chance to migrate to the new structure fairly quick. what do you think?
    gs

This section is for all our users to discuss commercial third party rigs. Authors of those offerings are not allowed to open threads or post into existing threads. Any other form of commercial offering, raffle etc must also not take place here. If you're an author of a commercial pack discussed in here and you feel the need to comment you need to do this via PM to the poster in question.

Note: we've changed this policy in 4/18. In order to avoid confusion authors of commercial offerings must not post here at all.

In order to achieve a better overview, please name the thread you're opening after the product you want to discuss.

Thanks!
    gs

This is for authors who want to advertise their rig-related offerings. The sheer volume of recent announcements requires us to enforce a bit of structure in this particular part of the forum—please layout future posts as follows. We reserve the right to delete posts that do not follow those rules. Also, we issue warnings, which are friendly initially and later tied to a temporary ban. So please follow and remember the simple rules:

Thread Title:

It must look like this: Product Name + Manufacturer Name in brackets
    For example: "The ultimate surf amp collection (Beach Amps Collective)"

- NO CAPS in the title
    - No exclamation marks in the title
    - No URLs in the thread title
    - No price in the thread title
    - Keep the title short, NOT LONGER THAN 60 CHARACTERS

Thread content:

- DO NOT BUMP IT. If you bump your threads, we will delete them entirely without warning.
    - No pictures unless necessary in context

- No Linke (hyperlinks, YouTube vids, etc.) without context. If you have news, write something too.
    - One thread for everything you offer and advertise. Update the thread only if you want to relay news.

A thread will disappear after a year if you don't update it.

Commenting:

- The purpose of threads in the commercial section is to relay information about an offering
    - Commenting within a thread has to be limited to adding information
    - The 3rd party discussion section is generally off-limits to content providers
    - Competitors are not allowed to post about competing products in the commercial section

Commercial posts on the rest of the forum (outside the commercial section):

- Don't advertise your offerings outside this commercial forum

Thank you!
    gs

For me, copying a folder in a place of my choice is much faster than operating through RM, and I can do it w\o even starting the program.

don't rely on things to never change. you have no info on how things work and also which changes are in the making. all i can do is recommend to use the backup function in Rig Manager. there is a reason why we put it there.
    gs

While I can appreciate this point, I will also say that (for me) this is not worth it as I migrate workstations only every few years usually and I use my software everyday once installed. I am always struggling for 'good' (non-hub) USB ports on my DAW and losing one full-time to licensing is nuts to me and not a good trade off for the occasional DAW rebuild - plus the $'s for the dongles too. Also if you have a home studio and work studio along with a laptop it can really be a pain with the dongle. Plus I keep all my licenses in a DB file so re-entering them is a snap with cut/past.

i don't migrate things frequently, i just mentioned it to illustrate my point. if you can keep all you licenses in a single data base, you must be a lucky man. i have serial number based licenses, challenge/response type of protections, files which need to go to certain places etc. etc. - there is a plethora of copy protection themes out there. IMO we don't need to discuss this further. we made our points.
    gs
    ps. my ilok is on a hub. works fine.

So for me you use a dongle you are automatically excluded from any possible purchase by myself period.There is simply no excuse for using such an antiquated and totally non--customer friendly method to authorize and protect software at this point in time. So as far as I'm concerned any company still doing this is immediately making it clear that they are not a current 2015 company and have old outdated thinking in at least one part of their current software system.

let me just add my private 2%. i've recently migrated a music workstation with hundreds of plug-ins to a new computer hardware by restoring a system drive image. that took about 60 minutes. the task that took two additional evenings was going though an endless list of plug-ins to re-enter the respective serial numbers (and find it first!). all the ilok license based products just continued to work.
    it might be considered old fashion to use a physical "wallet" for you digital purchases but it is convenient. in the event of a hardware related problem it is the fastest way to get back in the game.
    gs

Upload is always grayed out. Thanks for bringing this to out attention. It should not be there in the first place. You either "upload" by dragging a performance to one of the 126 slots on the location Profiler or you double click it and store on the hardware

Unless your Profiler is currently displaying the exact cardinal number of the performance you want to transfer, you'll have to use the machine's U/D arrows (or the Remote or similar tool) in order to display the correct location. The Profiler won't automatically switch to the corresponding location.

no. if you double click a performance in Rig Manager, Profiler will show this performance. It shows a number, when the performance is located in the memory of Profiler, it shows LIB when the performance is stored elsewhere, e.g. in a Local Library.