Single Thread for Everything, or Individual Threads?

• Hey Kemperites,

Seems there is a lot of "noise" in the Commercial Profilers forum lately. My strategy in the past has been to create a new thread for each product announcement. I'm wondering if it would be better for forum users to have a single "Top Jimi" thread that I'll just update periodically, similar to the MBritt thread?

Thanks for your feedback,
    Jimi

• For my point for view, I really prefer 1 thread per pack. It is really difficult to find an old pack thread because the title has been renamed to the latest pack.
    For example, i was looking for the old thread of mago and his PRS Archon pack. After a while, i realized that he renamed it to bogner ubershall (to present his last pack)...

• For my point for view, I really prefer 1 thread per pack. It is really difficult to find an old pack thread because the title has been renamed to the latest pack.
    For example, i was looking for the old thread of mago and his PRS Archon pack. After a while, i realized that he renamed it to bogner ubershall (to present his last pack)...

oh wow I didn't even think that this could cause a problem of that sort. That thread started out as a single thread for a new pack, but I later decided to keep it all in one :/

I personally like a single thread per vendor, both from the perspective of a seller and a buyer.
    It helps to keep the forum cleaner...you can also just bookmark that thread to be able to go back to it whenever you want.

At least I think that bookmarking should work even after renaming the title, I haven't tried it yet though.

Using one thread per vendor causes more work so people can navigate it more easily...I still have to work on that.

• I think for future searches, it's more convenient to have a thread per pack. Say I wanted to read discussions about MBritt's Dumble pack, it wouldn't be much fun wading through that long thread.

As for the "noise", I think we also have to accept that's the internet and a byproduct of abundance, which beats having too few commercial suppliers or being on one of those slow forums where 3 people post on the average day.

If a vendor had 20 threads and bumps them himself every day, now that would get annoying. :)

• + 1 for single threads combined with a short title: Distributer/Amp/ +maybe Date/Version.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• as you can see, we're trying to improve the structure of the relevant forum section. let's see how this works. i wonder if now is a good time to make a cut and close all the old commercial threads so people can read them but not re-activate them. This way we'd have an actual chance to migrate to the new structure fairly quick. what do you think?
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Whilst I agree with cutting down on clutter, it's a bit difficult for the new acts (such as ourselves) to become competitive against (rightfully-so) behemoth's in the market such as SinMix .... with so new restrictions in place; when previously author's have had free roam of the forum / market.

Obviously, it needs to be clamped down on at some point (as you are doing...) so that it keeps structure but for example, "NO CAPS in the title" might be a bit of a hinderance almost (considering our username / company name is a capitalised font!) furthermore, IMO, I find that CAPS / non-caps really helps to separate things optically, quickly.

Just our 2cents :) -- Love the Kemper World and everything it's done for me personally!

• Whilst I agree with cutting down on clutter, it's a bit difficult for the new acts (such as ourselves) to become competitive against (rightfully-so) behemoth's in the market such as SinMix .... with so new restrictions in place; when previously author's have had free roam of the forum / market.

!

Hi there,

be sure that the community is open minded and will spread the word in the also newborn third party discussion area when the quality is right. :thumbup:
    I think the new structure is a good way to keep the overview for us, which is good for any seller in the end. :)

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hi there,

be sure that the community is open minded and will spread the word in the also newborn third party discussion area when the quality is right. :thumbup:
    I think the new structure is a good way to keep the overview for us, which is good for any seller in the end. :)

Have faith with the Kemper Community from what I've encountered (the majority of the time!) and firmly believe in our product :)

(Like I said...) I agree with the principle, just hopefully will be tweaked a bit :D

• If the profiles are any good, people will keep the single thread bumped because of all the praise... One thread is good as you can follow it and always get a notification with new posts. Multiple threads get messy... just my 2 cents. ;)

• (Like I said...) I agree with the principle, just hopefully will be tweaked a bit

look at this thread alone. if there is one predominant complain, it is the caps.
    from what we can see, our users are super keen on learning about new rigs. invest time in quality and good demos and i'm sure things will work out well for you.
    if nobody uses caps, users will spend more time in this section simply because they can read it better. all we do here is to level the playing field.
    gs

• look at this thread alone. if there is one predominant complain, it is the caps.
    from what we can see, our users are super keen on learning about new rigs. invest time in quality and good demos and i'm sure things will work out well for you.
    if nobody uses caps, users will spend more time in this section simply because they can read it better. all we do here is to level the playing field.
    gs

Fair enough :) ! ...Trust your ethos and your knowledge of the market! :D GAME ON!

• If the profiles are any good, people will keep the single thread bumped because of all the praise... One thread is good as you can follow it and always get a notification with new posts. Multiple threads get messy... just my 2 cents.

with the limited space, there always will be competition for being listed on the first page. breaking the threads down will at least ensure that users can see that something is new from the thread's title. otherwise we will have e.g. 20 monolith threads dominating the space and you have to go through them in order to read the actual news. but we are certainly open to refine the system, let's see how this pans out, okay?
    gs