Posts by mba

I know that CK is probably busy like hell but i would like to know what people can expect as evolutions for their KP.
    _ Can we expect to get one day an arpegiator like with the Axe-Fx Ultra?
    _ What's about the possibility to process reverb IRs in the futur? Doable or not?

I would like to know what is the room for the KP?

Has one of you had the chance to make a real judgement about different IR sizes?
    The real comparison of IR sizes can only be done by listening to two IR's that are supposed to create the same frequency responce, but have different sizes.

Experience anyone?

Yes, everybody who owns an Axe-Fx Standard or Ultra can experience the difference by switching between mono high resolution (1024) and stereo low resolution (512).

Then, as i stated, you can make this little experience (high resolution ie 1024 appears with firmware 6.0) :

"And 1024 is the right count.
    If you go back to the firmware 5.26 with your standard or Ultra, you will be able to hear the first part and the second part of a 1024 tap IR, because it is cut in 2 users IRs. The last 512 part has an influence but it is small.
    After that you will have the room reverb.

Cliff stated that the 2048 IRs were added in order to use 2x1024 IRs in the same cab block (stereo) which make sense.
    So i would say, 1024 taps with 48khz is the right count."

Hope it helps.

It's mandatory for interconnection with other gears.
    By the way i asked a french user to make a test and it sounds ok in 96khz.
    You hear a little bit more the "defaults" but it's not like with the pod (pro, xt..).
    With the pod when you increase the sample rate you hear the artefacts, in 192khz it sounds terrible. It just shows the limit of the technic.
    As i said, it seems to be ok for the kemper so i agree, 44, 48, 88, 96 would be fine.

+1
    Profile -> full
    Profile -> as head
    Profile -> as poweramp
    Profile -> as cab
    Profile -> as stomp
    I'm not sure that the kemper will have enough power to process combinations of the différent parts and how it will sound.

And 1024 is the right count.
    If you go back to the firmware 5.26 with your standard or Ultra, you will be able to hear the first part and the second part of a 1024 tap IR, because it is cut in 2 users IRs. The last 512 part has an influence but it is small.
    After that you will have the room reverb.

Cliff stated that the 2048 IRs were added in order to use 2x1024 IRs in the same cab block (stereo) which make sense.
    So i would say, 1024 taps with 48khz is the right count.

If :
    _ the kemper acted as a sound card and allowed to record thru the usb port.
    _ the kemper allowed to process extra IRs (.wav files) and record cab's IR
    _ the kemper get 48khz (choice between 44, 48, 88 or 96 would be great too) spdif output to be able to work with my Axe-fx
    _ the kemper allowed to profile only preamps and match them with IRs or cab's profile
    _ cost 890 euros :D

I know, it will never happend. :whistling:

It seems that a few people have issue with it. Low level or no level at all, that's why i'm talking about the possibility of solder issue.
    ROHS solder is a crap unfortunatly for companies.