Posts by MadH

Thanks. Very nice of you Rabea.

I watched your video (and the original one as well) and I had the impression that you did not spend much time refining the profiles to match the source on your 2nd video. I assume that when you do commercial profiles, you may spend a bit more time trying to make the resulting profiles as close as possible to the source with more refining a tweaking. This is same thing that most people do when they create profiles on their own.

I understand that the QC automates all this process for you. This is something that I always thought the Kemper should have done from the beginning but since we already know that the Kemper process is different, and benefits from it, if you don't it with the Kemper, you are obviously not going to get a result as accurate in some cases.

Having said that. I got an question for you, if you don't mind. Don't you think that by not taking some additional time refining/tweaking (few minutes) the comparison may not have been completely fair? What was your logic behind that?

https://mattfig.bigcartel.com/product/be100-2-0

It's here, BE100 2.0

Another pass to recreate the tones of a special Friedman BE-100 Amplifier through 2 Friedman 412 (V30s, Greenbacks) and an Egnater 212 with Elite 80s...
    This is a compliment to my earlier BE100 pack but also stands on its own. The main differences are the different cabs, deeper focus on lower and mid gain tones and STILL all the High Gain Mayhem you would also desire. Cleans too!
    64 total profiles, DI and Studio!

Any clips for this one?

Understand that! It doesn't really need it. I only have the level at 50% and gain on zero on the pedal when I do just to add the eq character of the pedal.

What I meant is not only in regards to the gain level. This amp sounds best on its own to me. Just my opinion but adding a pedal for either gain or EQ to the profiles sort of ruins it for me. You can always add EQ or a pedal directly on the Kemper.

A couple of videos before of how good this thing sounds on its own.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Recorded a little clip that will hopefully help, see the OP. I did turn the mix up a little on the delay and reverb for the clip vs how they are stored. First is v30, second Greenback and third is K100. More to come.
    I would say half or less are boosted.

There will be more updates to come!

Thanks for the new clip. I will keep an eye for more clips. Just my opinion but If you plan to add more profiles I would suggest you to focus on unboosted profiles. This amp deserves it. I got profiles of this same amp from another seller and many of them were boosted what sort of ruined it for me.

In my experience, Impulses converted to Kemper format with the Cabmaker doesn't sound as good as them loaded using a plugin in the DAW.

Here is a test I did using the same Impulse to record Top Jimi's Super Lead Merged rig with the Impulse converted using Cabmaker. XLR with cab emulation on into the DAWlvs Monitor Out with cab emulation off into the DAW and loading the same impulse there. The second part of each clip is the converted version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4f0…vs%20IR%20Loader.wav?dl=0

Yes, they sound very different. Like 2 different IRs. I think Kemper should actually allow users to use real IRs or either converting them properly. I was very excited about the Cab Maker when it was released but after doing some A/B tests and noticing the very noticeable sound differences I decided not use it.

Yesh that cool! But a lot of my old customers didn't seem to pay attention to that. Because they renamed it themselves. The way the like/want. So I thought the naming profiles isn't going to became a "problem."

What meambobbo wrote as example is good. I think that is the way mostly all other commercial profiles are using.

I have purchased some of your profiles. I have a request. Could you please rename them with properly formatted names? Right now it is kind of a mess. You are simply calling them 1, 2, 3, .... Not very user friendly and a waste of time.

Indeed. That is what I was trying to convey in my prior post(s), and impart how the "Helix Challenge" is not even in the same universe as the "Kemper Challenge". However, the discussion seemed to veer back to the simple listening to the playback of previously recorded tone.

For instance, I don't even understand MadH's reply...meaning no disrespect:

I will rephrase it. Let say you record a dry clip from your guitar and then you feed the amp and a modeller with that clip. This is done so if there is any difference in sound it cannot be attributed to the player playing differently.

Then you listen to the resulting clips, both the one from the amp and the modeller. If they sound pretty much identical, in my opinion that means that the feel and response produced by the amp and the modeller must be pretty much identical as well. This is what Line 6 is trying to demonstrate.

Well, in my opinion, most of the "feel and response" thing people is always arguing about is myth. If the test is done with the same feed (meaning not being played twice) and the results are pretty much identical I would say that the feel and response must be as well.

A couple of days ago, I got an error message after boot saying something like there was Hardware Issue detected and that date and time was not correct or set or something like that. I set the date and time, rebooted and it was fine. Yesterday it happened the same thing. I guessed it could be due to a clock battery being depleted so I opened it, found the battery and replaced it. After that everything seems to be back to normal.

Did this happened to anyone else? I got my KPA just when it was released and used it pretty much every day since then. Anybody know what this battery is supposed to last?

Yes, it would be great and I think it has been requested before probably more than once. If the hardware permits doing it Kemper should take it seriously. The other top contenders such as the Axe FX II and the Line 6 Helix permit it ( with up to 2 amps and up to 4 amps respectively).

The phase issue should not be a problem for the creative minds at Kemper. If they have managed to create the pure cabinet feature I am sure they could easily deal with this as well.

I would like the Kemper remote bank up and down switches to work this way while in browsing mode.

- When bank up is pressed, the 1st preset of the next bank should be selected.
    - When bank down is pressed, the 5th preset of the previous bank should be selected.

In my opinion the current implementation is not logical as it selects the preset in the same relative position as in the previous/next 5 presets instead of the 1st while ascending or the 5th while descending.

We do not provide a global assignment, because we believe this would highly interfere with the assingments per rig.And we think it is a little initial effort to make assignments for your existing rigs, even if you have dozens.

I just received my remote and I would also be able to set this globally as well. I understand that per rig is the best option for performance mode but when browsing or using the librarian software a global option be really helpful. This option status should obviously be selectable, so it does not interfere with the assigments you could already have per rig.

The different statuses could be:

1. On
    2. Off
    3. Only enabled for rigs that do not have the effects assigned to the swicthes.

It is obviously not a coincidence but it is not that they just had 24 hours to do it either. The first time somebody talked about this feature (and Artist Mode) was in Nov 2014 and it has been accessible for everybody to check and test for long time. I guess by now they know already but Kemper should protect better their development process specially with innovative features.

Remember right after Kemper was announced that Fractal announced their own profiling which ended just being an EQ after they discovered they would run into problems due to patent infringement? This is the way the have been working since the beginning. Their products and features are always based on others people work. They develop further if they know how to since they have more expensive/powerful hardware to play with and then they take credit for it. That is what they do. It is easier that innovating. No risk taken.

I would really upset and discouraged if this happened to me. You put all this hard work just to have someone else steal your idea. And then they dare to talk about business ethics of other companies.