Posts by Sollazzon

mmm..

I d give it a go if I was you

I have the Caswell Pack and for me it does Slash pretty much spot on, one of my go-to profiles basically for rock/hard rock tones. I guess I'll have to try the Slash pack and decide myself.

Ok guys I'll give a go,

but I need a Jack Daniel's Before I try them:P

PS does Jimi Usually reply in thread like this or...??

PPS vjclaus I didn't even know about the existance of Mayerbach Brand, I'll give a try as soon as possible, I've found a couple of delaers in my area (more or less one huor by car far away from me)

As wisely suggested by nightlight , I've just tried to check if I have the same issue with the KPA totally disconnected from PC and RM and this is what I've just experienced:

- KPA unplugged to PC an RM

- in browser mode I select the Rig ''Crunch'' (by C.Kemper, that one You too already have for sure)

- I switch to Profiler Mode

- I profile

- I refine the profile

- I press STORE naming the new profile 'A'

- I swtich back to Browser: A shows up as loaded Rig, browsing rigs I see Crunch it's still there, (cool)

- I Load Crunch (as reference Rig, as I did Before)

- I switch to Profiler Mode and I repeat the procedure for 3 consecutive times creating 3 different Profiles: named B, C, and D.

- I swtich back to Browser: D show up and scrolling the list I see A B C D

and Crunch is still there (damn I forgot to take a picture of that! sorry)

SO everithing looks like it's supposed to be. (I haven't tested their Sound yet but I guess it will be ok)

- Now I connect the KPA to PC and I open RM

I can see in RM those new Profiles: A B C D in the List, as last created/stored profiles ! Good.

- I can also see Crunch, (GOOD)

- I select it in RM, the KPA loads it correctly

- I switch the KPA in Profiler Mode

- I profile
    - I refine the profile
    - I record this Video before pressing Store

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the end it actually seems that the problem is just when KPA is connected to PC and RM is running.

Now, the other good new is that the Suppor Already replyed to My Ticket: they tried to recreate the same scenario BUT they've alredy tested on a new OS/RM version and the Issue it's not happening, SO it seems it's already been Solved/Fixed.

SO we'd just have to wait for OS 8.1 and his relative RM version (probably).

in the meantime I'll profile without RM or PC connected to KPA (It's not such a huge pain in the ass acually)

so You answed to my question, I will find new Profiles in this pack for both amps...

I saw his video and it seems he used EL34 in the caswell AFD mod.. It seems a bit strange.

and 1 preamp valve is missing? anyway,.. I will try it sooner or later

ok, a few new strange things happend:

- RM running and KPA in Browser mode;

- I select a Rig as reference Rig

- I turn KPA in Profiler mode (RM already running when I witched to Profiler mode.)

- It profiles

- I refine the profile

- when it's time to give a new name and store the new Rig, I see in Rig Manager the Name of the Rig (the reference one) had just become Blue (as when You clik on it to rename) so I didn't press Store

- I select in RM anothe profile, (the rig name in blue had in not changed yet)

- I press store

- this message show up

- I do what it says

- When the KPA finish to boot, I see that now I have a New Rig, Called Crunch and marked as Favoutire.

(it's the rig I've just profiled, but it's called Crunch as the C.Kemper Rig I also have in my KPA)

so I leave it like that and do a New Profile. (to check if, a step before Pressing Store, the Name in RM will be Selected in Blue)

This time it stays gray and When I store it, it renames with the new name the new profile And the reference one.

So I've tried this

Close Rig Manager

Switch the Profiler to BROWSE mode

Start Rig Manager again

Does Rig Manager still show 2 profiles with the same name? Or has it "recovered" the old name for the old profile and the new name only for the new profile?

and I see that the last 2 Profiles has the same Name (and one of them is the one it rename by itself Crunch in fact it's sorted as Favourite)

But the KPA now is Freezed. It does not respond to any Button I press or Knob I turn.

I Have to turn it off, then on, it works BUT the last 2 profiles Sound both as DA Profiles (without any cab) and I've Lost both the 2 locked Stopms.

I hope I've been clear in exposition because Here It's all a Mess Today.

Before profiling

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After Profliling

the video from Thomas Dill is here:

External Content www.youtube.com

the meshdown it's crazy!

(how do you call it? meshdonw/mixdown/pout pourri???!??) whatever!

and it's also difficoult to play those riff in a wrong way! Genious!

honestly a bit disappointed there is no ''TD - /'' tone here but.. Cool Rigs anyway!

Hi Jimi, sorry to ask,

I've already purchased Your Caswell AFD pack and also the 2555 Silver Jubilee Pack.

I'll find Differen profiles of those amp in this Slash pack?