Posts by Feck

The latency is NOT 5 ms. That is how long it may have taken to go through your DAW via conversions. I am using it via TotalMix direct monitoring, and having played at 3ms with plugins for several years, I can tell you this is less than that. The original 2ms figure is correct.

??? sorry, I don't get it....there are no cab sims in the KPA, only ("captured") cab profiles...I need another coffee, my brain is still slow this morning... :sleeping:

Sorry, that is what I meant - in other words, the ability to change the cab would be disabled, and you would only have the profile of the stereo miked cab as captured. I don't know if that is even possible with the technology - I am just not clear as to what would prevent it from being possible.

So as it is, if I want to use 2 mics on my cab I have to blend them into mono it seems. Since I usually mic up an amp with a stereo pair of mics and pan them, is there any plan to allow for stereo profiling? I actually assumed this was already possible but unless I am mistaken it is not.

I don't notice any latency....I usually use plugins at 3ms, and this feels as good or better than that.

So, I found out about the KPA a few months ago and should have my unit in the next week or so...ordered from JRR Shop. As somewhat of a guitar snob, I have owned a bunch of great gear/plugins, and look forward to integrating the KPA here at Stranded On A Planet. I bought it mainly to profile my own amps, including a 3 Monkeys Orangutan, Xits X10, Vox AC30H2L (which sounds amazing due to the African Mahogany chassis), Bogner Shiva, and Orange Rockerverb. I will be using Coles 4038s, Royer R121s, AEA R92s, Blue Woodpeckers, and several other killer mics to really capture some sick tones, all through some pretty unique gear including an Electronaut M63 tube preamp, Tube-Tech MEC1A channel strip, Thermionic Phoenix ME compressor, a pair of brit modded Distressors, and an Anamod ATS-1 tape simulator. So, expect some sweet profiles coming soon! For what it is worth, I recently played a 1966 Fender Pro Reverb and loved it, so if anyone has some good profiles of one, please let me know....

Scott Fritz
    President/Producer
    Stranded On A Planet Productions
    http://www.strandedonaplanet.com

My KPA is on the way...hopefully at the studio next week. I bought it mainly to profile my own amps for live use and studio use. I look forward to profiling my 3 Monkeys Orangutan, Xits X10, Vox AC30H2L (which sounds amazing due to the African Mahogany chassis), Bogner Shiva, and Orange Rockerverb. I will be using Coles 4038s, Royer R121s, AEA R92s, Blue Woodpeckers, and several other mics to really capture some sick tones, all through an Electronaut M63 tube preamp, Thermionic Phoenix ME compressor, and to an Anamod ATS-1 tape simulator. So, expect some sweet profiles coming soon! Really psyched to join the community.

Scott Fritz
    President/Producer
    Stranded On A Planet Productions
    http://www.strandedonaplanet.com