Posts by Animus

Well, not official - but I don't see your point. You can keep as many rigs as you like - but there's a limit of 1000 rigs that can be stored in the KPA. So if store 200.000 on your hard drive / usb whatever device that's fine. You can have various USB drives ready. However, not more than 1000 in your KPA at the same time. When I think about it: let's say an amp has about 5 sweet settings - that would mean you have a control over 200 guitar amps with 5 different settings each. Or a different example: If you are looking for a specific sound and you take 2 minutes to test each rig that would mean you will have to spend 2000 minutes to go through all the rigs you have in your KPA. ... Takes 33 hours to go through all of the 1000 rigs. I guess, for most situations it might even be a better idea if the KPA had a restriction of a maximum of 50 rigs. The more choices you have the harder it is to make a choice and making a choice is what a musician has to do all the time.

I totally see his point. He's not only a player but also a producer/engineer. He needs to call up sounds as fast as possible for a given context and to a particular client's taste.. Totally loading a new set of rigs off a usb sticks is wholly inefficient and a time waste. A computer Librarian over usb would solve all this.

[quote='clarkydaz','index.php?page=Thread&postID=89921#post89921']

We are aware that a number of users urgently want the Performance Mode to have a complete product. By whatever reason the word librarian is not printed on the panel, This could be one reason why you will see the Performance Mode earlier than a Librarian, even if I consider a librarian to be much more important.

I agree. in fact I think a Librarian should have be done when the Kemper was released. There's thousands of profiles out there with poor, inconsistent and incomplete metadata out there mainly due to it being a pain in the ass and time-consuming to input when people make profiles.

Maybe when compared to the rack stuff, I had a Pitchfactor and the pitch fx on the kemper track MUCH better. Also, the Pitchfactor had a slight delay when changing patches that the kemper doesn't have. I do a cover of Hotel California and have to change key centers for the harmonies often - the Eventide delay made it useless for that song.

Yeah maybe so. Haven't tried the pedals. Only have a H8000.

Comparing an eventide to a KPA is completely insane. Eventide is effects only where the KPA is alot more so its like comparing a Renult Espace to a Ferrari. Espace is to carry lots of people from A-B where as a Ferrari is to get from A-B as quick as possible lol :D

Wasn't comparing them in that way, just saying if you want more advanced effects outside the basics there's plenty of them available out there right now, and Eventide has been the king of pitch effects for over 30 years. IMO librarian, metadata organization and storage/recall issues are the weakest link with the KPA right now, and the built-in effects are more than adequate in the interim.

"Perfectly excellent" is way off base. There are foot controllers that do a great job of communicating one-way, which isn't exactly ideal. An integrated controller with tuner display would be a huge addition for users like me that actually perform with the KPA. And it should be obvious that having native effects like pitch shift is a much better solution than spending more money on outboard effects.

Using the same rationale as you, there are ways to edit and catalogue your profiles right now, just as there are foot controllers that work with the KPA.
    I have a feeling there are many more people that would benefit from an integrated foot controller on a day to day basis. Somehow, even without a librarian/editor, there have been thousands of incredible rigs and profiles created and submitted to the repository.

Two way communication so you can have the tuner on the floor? Sounds like what you really want is a KPA in floorboard format. And KPA effects are alright but they are nothing compared to something like a Eventide.

There's many perfectly excellent foot controllers and effects on the market today that you can use now. However there are no librarian/editors for the KPA which would be such a huge timesaver in workflow.

Thanks.
    I'm not 100% sure, yet, I'll ask Andy Sneap if he's cool with me sharing this.
    that DHIADW tone is really pretty unique, and Andy did a great job there....not sure if it's not better to reserve that particular tone for that particular record instead of having it on other records as well....well, we'll see, I'll ask him.

well if you were able to copy it fairly easy it's not exactly unique and should be kept a secret. ;)

Yeah I used to have both those Lexis. Sort of regret selling them But at leas† I still have my Bricasti M7 and Eventide H8000 to tide me over. :)

Assume you are bringing equipment to and from practice 2 times per week.
    Would you like to carry one less device? I would, simple as that.

How's it less? It's one foot controller either way. I believe there won't be any foot pedals integrated on the KFC judging from the schematics ckemper has posted.

I like the idea of a dedicated Kemper floorboard but II am skeptical it will be flexible enough to integrate other gear. I am sure it will pair perfectly with just the KFC but I use external fx as well.

Keep the toaster - would have bought the rack if it has some more features (double amp profiling or whatever).

That's what I was hoping for. A Kemper Pro. More dsp. Dual profiles. More i/o options (would love two independent stereo loops, AES, etc)