Posts by and44

[quote='and44',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33905#post33905]Please forgive me.
    seems I uploaded the packs with older versions..
    Ive updated the links now to grab the correct files (affected VintageCranked, and RockNroll only)
    Hugh apologies for this, had 2 flash drives hence the confusion! one with RAW version (the ones you have) and the other modified/glorified version.. - now on first page.

Well just turn of the EQ thats it :)
    If that still not done it, send me a PM will sort something out for you.

No not KPA. - recording things flat works to a degree, to get a nice clean signal, but lets just say the cabs needed a bit of jucie from the shift/chr controls to be balenced correctly.
    Good luck :) - let me know how you get on!

Hi, glad your getting stuck into your Kemper! : )

Sounds like you are not correctly setting your gainstage correct,- if its compressing after profile then too much input is hitting the return signal path
    Try setting the return level at -2DB (thats what I use) - and it auto corrects itself to 0DB without compressed signal.
    Also worth checking is yoru Input levels (hold and pressinput) set your Cleansensi/Dirt sensi at good levels. as this will have an affect when playing back.

But try to run everything at unity gain where you can.. I indeed also get a compressed profile if something is not right..

Profiling is a bit of an Art!, takes time give it some love and it will reward you nicely!.

Good luck. : )

Firstly what interface you use..
    recording equipment and sound is only as good as what its played on. - too many factors to bear in mind.
    You can have the best equipment, but will sound terrible in a uncontrolled room, likewise you can have cheap stuff sound great in a decent treated room!.

Firstly I'd recommend SPDIF hookup as its the cleanest way
    Realisticlly the "source" sound needs to be diamond as possible, - depending then on the structure of your track and how populated it is. here are a few tips...

- Roll off the low end to about 100hz to make way for the kick and bass.
    - Pan the guitars into space, use central for lead playing. (but there are no rules)
    - Double track OR what I like to do, is track the guitar left, and add the reverb to the right. to get a wider sound (depending on song of course)
    - Trying using a filter sweep and search for any clashing freq..(using notch pass at say 30DB gain)

Ballpark here but...

Anything from 0hz-80hz is sub bass, cant be heard but felt, so good for bass and kick.
    Anything from 150hz - 250hz will give the guitar some body (best on acoustic)
    Anything from the 300hz-400hz is muddy mids, can cut here by small amounts to bring out detail.
    Anything around 800hz can make the guitar sound cheap.. so small cuts here can go a long way..(depending on style and gainstructure)
    Anything around 1.5khz - 2kz is first natrual harmonic and then again at 3khz - 5khz anything beyond that is trouble and fizz

Quite often a recorded guitar track that sounds superb in a mix can sound terrible on its own. try to listen in context and dont worry about how it sounds alone. - but I cant stress enough,, the SOURCE sound has to have all the ingretients to begin with!.

As a rule, always try to cut and not boost. - and only cut by small amounts. - but only cut if its needed!
    But all that said, try and get a good source sound first that your happy with!.

Really is up to your ears..
    Good luck.
    A

71 cabs in this zip from all the sessions so far.(from my first session to this new one) all NOW useable..(they were not before)
    Try them, some real gems in there now!

Best to remove the ones from me before. - these are Night and day better!!
    Sorry for the hassle, but I learned a way to do it correcty now.. so apologies.
    get them from the first post. its been updated with the new file!
    Enjoy!

LOL

I guess you're spot on!
    But I was asking for suggestions and group work, not praises (which are anyway always welcome of course).

On a side note, I appreciate Till's and Andy's work and CH's skins even not physically owning a KPA yet :P

Why dont you own a KPA yet?
    The wiki is a great idea, - but its a "time will tell" soloution, there complex beasts! - and so is the KPA IF you really want it to be : )

no its not a rar file..
    But the only way currently to acces your cabs is to rename the back file to a rar.. then unzip it to extract the cabs from the cab folder.
    but I wanted to know if its safe to delete items this way then simply rename it back to the backup file and import.
    I dont want to break my KPA!

Please forgive me.
    seems I uploaded the packs with older versions..
    Ive updated the links now to grab the correct files (affected VintageCranked, and RockNroll only)
    Hugh apologies for this, had 2 flash drives hence the confusion! one with RAW version (the ones you have) and the other modified/glorified version.. - now on first page.

Ok so in my KPA ive tons of random named patches..from the Profile sessions ive been doing.. - now I'd like to clear out all the crap, and was wondering.. if I make the backup file, then rename it to a .rar, delete what i want to get rid of from the cabs and rigs folder, once happy.. then rename the file back to the backup again.. and then import..?

Will this be safe to do? - as I dont want to have to manually go to through and delete them all.. (cabs section mainly)..
    Thanks.
    A

G'Morning one and all.

Im happy to preset to you a new Studio pack that Ive been busy at work with the last weeks. (since the previous pack)
    This pack is split into differnt variations. - less of effects and more real amp.

Like most studios, when recording guitar you run through the best stuff, to get that sound that cuts through, or shines.
    So to do this I ran everything through a few Vintage EQ's and Light compression, to give it something extra and that polished studio feel, that I give to most of my clients.
    used a lot of differnt mics, mainly the AKG 414 that is new to me, and a great mic, and shines with a pairing of a U87 or the trusty 57. as always runing via 1073neve pre's.

Here is a demo clip to demo some sounds.. randomly selected.. - not EQ'd nothing.. just RAW! (and messy lol)

SOUNDCLOUD DEMO

SO here we go..

StudioCleans.

STUDIO CLEANS DOWNLOAD

Vox AC30
    Vox AC30 HW
    Divided by 13 FTR37
    Fender SR Blackface
    Marshall JTM45
    Matchless30
    Orange AD30HTC
    Peavy Classic 50
    TwoRock Classic Reverb

All of these are Multimiced, and often change of cab. - I found the sweetspot of all the above, then used the Vintage EQ to add a bit of extra colour and depth. - to me, my ears. - all the above are powerfull and fat sounding.

VintageCranked

VINTAGE CRANKED DOWNLOAD

Vox AC30
    Vox AC30 HW
    Fender Blues Jr
    Budda Superdrive 18
    Marshall JCM800
    Matchless30
    Orange AD30 HTC
    Peavy Classic 50
    Reinhardt Storm

Totally Natrual breakup, pushed as far as I dare... - as an extra added a Trebbleboost (named as "TB") on some of the amps.

RockNRoll

ROCKnROLL DOWNLOAD

65 Amps Soho
    Vox AC30 HW
    Bogner XTC
    JCM800
    ORange AD30HTC
    Peavy Classic 50
    Reinhardt Storm
    Suhr Badger 30
    Fender Twin

Thease where all cranked, extra gain was deliverd from Vintage compressers and EQ to offer a different gain stage to the saturation. for that real rock fat sound.

HighGainers

HIGHGAINERS DOWNLOAD

ENGl SE670
    Mesa Duel Rec
    Diamon Nitrox
    Peavy 6505

My attempt at studio quality Highgain. (I didnt go crazy on the EQ here) becasue I know im not the best at highgain stuff, so its left tweekable easy enough.

Cabs

CABS DOWNLOAD

Too many too list. - but I did about 50 or so Cab profiles running via a clean Poweramp (matrix g1000) into the cab for best sonic results for cab res.
    But they range from, Fenders, to Hiwatts, mesa, to cornford, Blackstar, you name it its prob there. - diff mic positions etc etc.

Final note..
    Personally, Im very happy with these results. the studio cleans IMO are to die for! (if thats your thing) - and some amps threw a few supprises at me.. (Peavy classic 50) - I did not rate this amp but wow!.came out real strong. - Natrually this is how I mic up things to get this sound, so your technique will differ nodoubt. so I hope Ive able to please the majority.

There are about 50 or so patches I think.. but quality over quality this time. - and about 50 cabs to play with..

As always.. if you feel like Donating, then my paypal is " [email protected]" - this is not optional of course, but it helps get more things done.. and gets new amps :)

Finally..from me to you, have fun.. and enjoy!
    And44