Posts by waraba

Yes i like this one , it's full of energy. I wouldn't really qualify it as rap ,it's a real singer to me.

Your tone is great here, not over saturated and a cool growl, the opening riff is little bit too close to GnR/RATM , but that's fine for me.

It must be a cool one to be played live :) and I like the bridge too.

Hi !

As promised , I just put the tweaks done by KD (Kristopher Dahl) on my AMT.HB.drive.70's ( from my commercial Humbucker pack) on the rig EX. It's a tweak for Ibanez RG6 ( superstrat style).

please go for :

ATM.HB.drive.KrisD.RG6

enjoy !

Hi !

As promised , I just put the tweaks done by KD (Kristopher Dahl) on my AMT.HB.drive.70's ( from my commercial Humbucker pack) on the rig EX. It's a tweak for Ibanez RG6 ( superstrat style).

please go for :

ATM.HB.drive.KrisD.RG6

it's the one featured in Kris' great video & thread :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and
    https://video-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.…963d29159e9dd&oe=566F55BE

Thx for the tip, I often use this solution at home to get a better 'guitar cab' feel , but I fount you need some specific rigs for this purpose : it won't give the best results out of the box.

not all rigs will sound great on the CAB and vice versa , so I took some specific tweaks, and it's ok now. The hard part is finding the rig that will sound as great on the DAW (easy part) but as good on the real amp cab ( CAB off).

Hello Harry, I've given a listen to the Vid provided by Don, And I think I've got something close in my upcoming hollow-body pack.

I'm referring to the 'acoustic' profiles I've done on my tube preamp, without any cab sim or KPA CAB, that's just hollow guitar straight to preamp.

These profiles are great to display the acoustic tone of hollow-bodies , but that's right : you'll need the real stuff , the variax may be OK, but not as good.

Anyway, if you want to be part of the 'hollow beta task force' , I'll provide them for free to you, for test purposes.

Hi , no pb mate , it's always a pleasure to explore new horizon and provide some good rigs/profiles to other guitarists. It's true that lots of people don't have time & will to tweak their own rigs, or profile their amps, not a real problem as we're flood with quality profiles.

I was was on tone quest for my own guitars & amps, but 2 years experience in profiling & tweaking, and the merging algorithm led me to really good results after lots of tests. Involving myself in a commercial project forced me myself to got on another level and professionalize my work : evening the levels, harmonize my packs, give a great array of tones for recording or live, choosing the rigs FXs for each rigs, tagging, documenting, setting some naming conventions ...

The hollowbody pack is a long range project of mine, I always had difficulties to find the right profiles for this kind of guitar ( I mean the real hollows, not the semis) due to booming problems, lack of warmth, frequency balance and so on. I'm still not totally done, but I've got some great stuff coming as you can hear in the demos. On this pack I'll use another 70's Italian tube head that is perfect for this purpose, as well as my little AMT preamp. Some profiles will be 'acoustic' ones , I did use the direct preamp mode without CAB or CAB sim , just like you would plug a guitar direct to console. They are really interesting since they really transpose the dry luthery of the guitar and it's impact on the tone without 'cheats' or over-tweaking .

The rest of the profiles will cover most territory offered by hollow guitars : rock'n roll , blues, jazz stomping , jazz finger play, clean 'pop' stuff,warm cleans, dry cleans, funk tones, all kind of crunches ( from slight breakup to cranked), driven tones : rhythm & lead, specific lead tones (typical 70's leads, Santana, jazz rock tones...).

Will you White Falcon have single coil pickups ? I will provide some 'single coil on hollow' rigs, since I've got both guitar types at home.

thx a lot , the profiles are really promising, I had another recording sessions with them, here are a few more clips, still RAW spdif at this stage , it's so clean & warm that it barely needs a mix :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@ashtweth : I'll provide you some specific profiles, these guitars need some careful care when it comes to choosing the right profiles, they have much more dynamic and feedback than a solid body, and such a great tone. It's stunning to go back to a solid body after playing an hollow, these poor little planks sound just like they have no inner life ;)

I've tried one in front of my KPA and frankly, the green screamer can be tweaked in the same exact behavior.

I also went on an experiment where I just used a green screamer and a CAB from the KPa ( no amp, no stack) , and it gave me excellent tone :

External Content soundcloud.com

If the bass response is weak on the monitoring, why don't you adjust your output EQ in the master OUT section , and store it as an output preset ? I've 4 presets on my KPA for 4 different output systems ( different monitors & guitar amps).

The Scarlett should'nt be a preamp issue if you use SPDIF, I've a cheap Roland SPDIF quad capture and the sound is glorious on my HS7, but I had to adjust my KPA output settings to even the frequencies.