Posts by waraba

Ah sad story , it's time to write your own stuff mate !

I had the luck to hear the sample, perfectly interpreted, but it think it missed the philthy tone from the original recording, it was way too clean, it's hard to get such a dirty tone on the KPA.

can anyone recommend a good all around synth ?

So far I've been using a monotron duo with great succes on my KPA, I need to go further

here are the specs I look after :

must be plug & play ( I'll hook it to my KPA)
    does not need a real hammering keys but velocity-sensitivity is mandatory
    does have : some great Hammond and Rhodes tones, some prophet and moog like tones
    some strings & warm pads , and some general midi stuff
    may have some direct (knobs) basic tone sculpting : cut off / resonance ... for synth sound editing
    includes an arpeggiator

It's not supposed to be played live but in my home studio

Can be 2nd hand or new - My budget is low (<750 €/$), I'll probably sell one of my guitars.

Wow they are really innovative at EH :) & Bill is to talented :o

Not totally convinced by the rhodes & wurli tones, some percusive components seems all right but I still hear the guitar attack & decay in these demos (I known I'm a bit touchy but I own a real suitcase fender rhodes from the 70's, with all it's imperfections). I don't like the fact that they could update the other C9 organ pedal with these researches instead of selling them as another pedal and GASing us with these wonderful toys...

Reminder : Bill Ruppert did also some great Rhodes and other FXs in our beloved KPA, that are not so far from these tones. They do not track as well as this pedal, but the tones are close.

no pb mate, there are so many good plexi profile out there I'm sure you'll find happiness soon. I agree with Eddie's tone being much better on the 1st albums. You should also try the lead booster pedals , it's great for soloing.

ahaha good story, I have to agree, same story for every guitar hero, give Hendrix a squier and a pignose and he would have some awesome tones out of it.

I force myself to play on a crappy solid state amp with no pedals at my jazz club rehersals, just to improve my skills , guitar vol & tone control, like the guitar noob I was 20 years ago. This will also help me to survive into any guitar survival situation and improvised jam anywhere i go.

Go on with any mid/high gain amp , tweaked gain , mids treble , definitiion and clarity tweaks and don't be afraid to experiment.

except the fancy gear on the back and the beautiful floor & design, I've got the same setup at home : HS7 yamaha monitors, quad capture and my KPA , minus the engineering skills of course , lol

have fun and let us hear the results !

Hi !

In this demo I will highlight how great is the green screamer is, a real musical instrument in itself I think.

I used only one of my best CAB ( works well with post 3.0 cabs as well) with AMP Deactivated

there is still lots of goodness coming from the cab but you can repeat the experiment and find how far you'll go with the screamer from your CAB alone.

here are a few clips with the Green screamer set like this : Drive 2.7 tone +2.6

you can hear when I switch from single coil to HB on the clips. NO MIX on the clips , just RAW samples.

The EQ section of the stack is really changing the character of the drive , just try it for yourself.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this one is pretty cool , a strong character in the family !

For some reason your Cab appears as one of M Britt , I think it's due to a bug while switching in profiling mode. next time be sure to switch to one of your own profile (with your name in AMP & CAB tags) before profiling.

• For early Led Zep stuff (I & II), the supro from Andy is really great on a tele.
    • For other Led ZEP era I would go for a les Paul and JCM800 from Andy Ultimate Marshall toolkit ( for lead and heavy parts) and the famous AC30 from Pete for crunches/mid gain/clean stuff.
    • Early ZZtop : Pearly gates equipped Les Paul and The same JCM800 but tweaked , with a lot a guitar vol control. the Mark IIc+ from Djemass is also a very good candidate.
    • Other Era ZZ top : just add some gain & lead booster ;)