Posts by waraba

@tntent : I've no real solution except storing 3 or 4 rigs on the same bank with 3 or 4 different fixed gain settings. you can also adjust the relative gain with your guitar volume pot , most great profile allow this.

Regarding the pedal course, there is no real trouble adjusting the gain in real time while you play since you can react very quickly on your right hand attack, let's say you start a solo it's a matter of seconds before you nail the right amount of gain and leave the pedal here. It's also easy to 'memorize' some pedal height settings (up, middle and floor for instance), even it's not really precise you'll get some great gain differences.

Here is another trick with the wah booster : you can handle some gain swells just like a volume pedal and it's specially useful to get some long sustaining notes or great controlled feedback effects : just compensate the end of your notes by pushing the gain harder (pedal down).

hi, I've no real solution except storing 3 or 4 rigs on the same bank with 3 or 4 different fixed gain settings. you can also adjust the relative gain with your guitar volume pot , most great profile allow this.

Regarding the pedal course, there is no real trouble adjusting the gain in real time while you play since you can react very quickly on your right hand attack, let's stay you start a solo it's a matter of seconds before you nail the right amount of gain and leave the pedal here. It's also easy to 'memorize' some pedal height settings (up, middle and floor for instance), even it's not really precise you'll get some great gain differences.

Hi !

the purpose of this trick is being able to adjust the gain of your rig by foot, with the help of an expression pedal.

Since some user encounter problems in setting this great FX, I will go for a tutorial about it:

pre requisites :

• I don't use any other midi / remote / FCB or another exp. pedal other than the one used , I'll tell you how I set it up.
    • choose a rig with a good usable gain range and disable all FXs . Morgan AC20 is a good candidate.
    • go to SYSTEM menu (SYSTEM button)
    • go to Page 6 and set the following settings :

Pedal Type 1 Wah Wah
    Pédal 2 unplugged and OFF
    Pedal 1 set as Expression(Type1)
    Value (the center one) changes while I push down or up

• go to Page 9 and set the following settings :

wahPedal to vol unticked
    WahPedam to pitch unticked
    MIDI global Channel set as Omni

CCO1 moves while I heel down or up, the other CC don't change

• Then go to RIG menu Page 3 and verify the following settings for

Lock VOL pedal unticked
    Wah pedal to vol unticked

• Now set the FX up and live :

adjust the gain to 5 (this will be the max gain available with the wah down to the floor for this example)
    select and focus on slot B
    turn type knob to Wah Pedal booster
    set Pedal range do MINUS 100
    set vol to 0

You're ready to rock :D Notice that you'll have some volume changes due to the gain dynamics. The sound will also mute while the wah is fully UP.

Here is a collection of clips with the results you should achieve , notice how the gain and compression rise while I push my exp pedal down.

clip 1 is single coil , clip 2 is HB, clip 3 is some random riff with changes on the gain. Rig is an AC30 from Pete.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

is the amount of gain boost applied with the pedal reflected on the Gain contol knob LED's

Nope, there is no visual feedback or gain value adjustment, too bad : that would make a very nice feature.

I'll start another topic on the wah booster , we polluted Armin's initial post too much, sorry Armin !

I will go for tutorial on this great feature, too many people seem to face problems, and it works so great for me.

Yes while the volume is affected by the gain boost but it remains a Gain effect, just like you turn the gain knob.

I'll post a clip later with the expected result : from clean to drive by pushing the pedal down to the floor, without any other attack or volume trick.

Pedal 3 ?? this sounds unusual, you should unplug other pedal & controllers or FCB / remote then re-calibrate your exp. pedal

if you still got nothing , plug the exp. to the other port and recalibrate again in the system menu.

Killer cover Pete, I dig the interpretation and the tones are perfect, while a bit in the background compared to the keys. I really appreciate the vocals also, they are very close to the original, what a singer you got :)

I also wish to thank you again about the 65' AC30 profiling session, I keep going back to this mighty beast and most other profiles seems a bit pale compared to this monster of tone (except the wizard and the vintage pack). Cherry one the cake : each time I grab another guitar that I did not test on the vox, it will sound incredible without tweaks with a carefully chosen profile.

I'd love an update of this AC30 with pedals if you got the time.

thanks Sirius, I've tested them, and I prefer the clean ones so far, atypical nasty and dirty cleans , great for single coils.

Please go on profiling unusual gear that comes to your studio, it's always nice to test this kind of units.

The stage looks great, did they play the old stuff from the Argus era ?

I still listen a lot Throw down the sword and this kind of stuff ... I kept a long fascination with this band and the memorable guitar parts and tones, as well as the dialog between the two guitars.

Excellent chimey tones, sounds a bit like Ingolf's production.

This vox is particularly good : it records and plays so well. You barely have any mix to do with these profiles.

No pb mate : in slot A use the left 'type' knob and set it for 'wah pedal booster' set the pedal range to minus 100. Set the gain knob to it's max ( like 6 ) .

Now you have a great array of tones at the push of your foot :) If your pedal is acting like a volume there is a conflict with the vol pedal settings (system menu).

This trick is great and the only amps known to have a pedal on the gain are some vintage mesa boogie. Now we have it for every amps , thanks M Kemper :)

use a control pedal as 'wha booster' to change the gain by foot on test rigs, my favorite profiles are the one with 3/4 of the gain range being really usable

While testing a batch of similar profiles, if I find that most will sound bad on my gear, I'll lock one of my favorite cab (in a similar amp category). Note it's also worth testing your cabs on great profiles :)

Don't be afraid to tweak the most important amp and cab parameters : definition,clarity and quick store the results.

Change your guitars, It's really amazing how a different guitar or pick-up can drastically alter the rendering of your test profiles.

A simple record test is VERY revelant , especially while double tracking or stacking up the same profile.