Posts by b_ryan

Yes….it is indeed an intended business strategy as well. Think of mobile phones, televisions, cars etc. If they put all they have in the basket, they will not have that much to put in the product in a few years. I guess that we agree, that Apple and Samsung does have technology in their possession, that they haven’t put into their devices yet. Why haven’t all cars have all the safe tech installed yet? And so forth. It’s business. I’m not sure that Kemper is like that. But it’s indeed holding stuff back until the right time appears. But how do you know? And since you’ve been a user for a little over a year, you haven’t been following Kemper and it’s development closely for more than that. So I would guess you wasn’t here on the forum prior to that and that makes you someone that has no clue about how much time it took for Kemper to do RM for instance. When you came aboard the RM was just released and you haven’t experienced the long wait and people requesting it. You have no idea even if you have been using other solutions out there. For you to state that you know, would demand you’ve been a part of this for many years. Being a user of digital solutions in general is not an argument other than you liking digital solutions.

Yes…your OP was not about a KPA or a KPA2. But it logically becomes a question about what is smart if they implement a dual solution. Suddenly the gap between the original and the KPA2 becomes marginally reduced. Do they want that? I don’t know. But I wouldn’t presume so. It doesn’t matter how you put it down. It’s still a dual solution and the gap becomes less significant. If your logic holds up, I am a wizard regarding digital solutions as I’ve been using digital solutions for almost 20 years. The first being Protools in 2002 and Line 6 Guitarport and original Pod from around the same time. That does not make me knowledgeable regarding the Axe-FX. I know of its existence and what it can do and the different units, they’ve done. But have I followed their company closely to be updated on their product? No. So really I have no clue about, how long development takes at their HQ. But since I’m a digital wizard I can just buy one tomorrow and within a year I can claim, that I know what users after 10 years have experienced? It’s not to sound arrogant, but it doesn’t really hold up in real life.

I actually have requested something very similar once. Didn’t focus mainly on the RM though. But I did suggest a solution, where one could take two profiles and merge them together and save them as one and go back and redo it, if it didn’t turn out great and keep repeating the process until the goal is reached. So I guess it’s kinda the same, since it cannot be done within the KPA itself.

Anyway….it wasn’t to start a discussion. It was just to give you my thoughts and limited knowledge.

I think that you are missing my point. Even IF it was possible to do dual stuff through RM, I highly doubt that they would do it, as it kind of eliminates some of really the big new things, they probably are going to make a potential MKII a justifiable purchase. That is a huge step compared to floorboards and RM that relies on an existing unit. Take away dual stuff and what can possibly justify a potential KPA MKII? Probably a lot that we haven’t thought about. But from a business perspective, would it be a good move to do this, IF they plan on doing a MKII at some point?

I don’t totally agree about them not holding back. And you only being a user since 2019 kinda explains that. You have no idea on how much time and how many years we’ve been waiting for stuff like the RM when everyone else already did it years prior. And even a non-toaster version. They DO take their time indeed. But is it a bad thing? No entirely. They make sure, they only release good sh*t. But it’s kinda holding stuff back until it’s ready. I don’t think you have any idea on how long we requested RM. It was a loooong time. And suddenly out of the blue, it was there.

And yes….it has been asked for on many occasions throughout the years and has been shut down from Mr Kemper himself. It’s not possible with the Kemper as it is. But your suggestion is indeed very interesting. But as I said….I highly doubt that they are going to take away the probably most significant and justifiable argument for even making a MKII in the future.

Yes. It still very much competes with the alternatives out there. I agree. And I don’t see a KPA 2 on the near future either.

But I disagree upon your statement otherwise. The dual thing will be a giant leap compared to RM, which was something that we all expected to be implemented. Not that the RM didn’t demand serious development. Of course it did. But comparing doing a software “partner” for the hardware and doing a completely new dual thing is not really fair imho.

That is….IF they implement some sort of dual stuff at some point. But it’s where the world of guitars have been for quite some time. Dual rigs/cabs. And IF they want to implement some sort of dual stuff, they won’t back down on their own expectations regarding a solution, that will set the standards going forward. Just copying others or doing a halfhearted solution is not really their thing.

And why does the Stage unit rule out a KPA2? Can’t see the logic in that. It’s something the world wanted from them. They did the floorboard first and it was a success. With a dual solution, it’s not enough to “just” create a new platform for the already existing firmware. Doing a dual solution will probably demand way more from them to make it reach their own expectations of its use and its competitiveness regarding all the alternative solutions out there. They don’t just make something halfhearted. You must know that as a Kemper user.

But it’s definitely an interesting idea, you brought to the table. My guess is that the tech guys in the company already discussed all these possibilities about their existing units though.

One of the reasons I love the Kemper is the value of my money. Had it from the beginning. And now it’s a completely different beast. It has evolved greatly within its limitations. Slowly but great. So its value has been really good. And when/if a MKII appears one day it will probably be the same.

For that kind of development, Rig Manager will cost you about the price of.... a profiler. Those changes require a complete recoding of the KAOS from the code for the DSP to X86/64 architecture and I very much doubt Christoff is going to devote that kind of man power unless it involves building the KPA V2.

Exactly my thought. I also highly doubt that. And I don’t see why they should “kill” a potential KPA 2 with that move. That would just mean, that the gap between the original and the MKII will be even smaller. And with the stuff they keep doing to it, it’s still a nice piece of gear.

I like your idea. Since everything is 0’s and 1’s in one way or the other, I could see it being achievable. But is it realistic? Probably not. I don’t have the insight of the tech world either, but I believe, that if a Kemper MKII at some point appears in the future, it will have to contain enough new elements to become relevant. There might be something in the line of this in the future business plans. I mean….dual stuff of some sort. So from a business perspective….why would it make sense to implement a solution like this now?

I agree that IOS population is definitely skewed for pro/semi pro musicians.

I also agree that running RM wirelessly is not a big deal hence one reason there are only 35 posts.

I agree. For me as a hobby musician it’s almost unusable and just a gimmick. But I see it’s place at the rehearsal place and maybe on stage. But on stage….wouldn’t you already have made your sounds beforehand :/

I certainly regret opening this thread now. Let's keep it to +1s only from now on.

Just looking to show support for Android in the future, not share our opinions on what we think can/should be done.

Fair enough. But why regret? Isn’t the whole point in creating a thread to make yourself and others richer regarding perspectives? To understand more than you already do. To gain perspective. I question stuff to get more knowledge. Often I’m right. But often I’m not.

I still don’t see a post regarding an Android solution as a safe knowledge. There can be a ton of stuff, that influences this. BUT….it is of course an indication.

But I see your point. +1’s from now on.

That’s because you only think as a pro musician. Apple products are mainly highly appreciated and used in pro environments. Are there more pros or more amateurs out there? My guess is clearly more amateurs. I know only two amateurs using Apple for music production and home practicing. Most I know uses a pc. Including myself and my pc has been rock solid without any issue for the past 5 years.

But using a pc or using an Apple computer has really nothing to do with the use of a mobile unit for controlling a Kemper through a wireless connection. That’s just about flexibility, right? It’s only about adjusting profiles on the go, right? So what has Apple being looked at as the best solution for pro audio to do with a mobile solution that is for amateurs as well as pros on the go? I don’t see the connection between the pedestal, Apple is placed upon, and a fairly simple thing as a mobile wireless solution for editing to create a fancy flexible connection. I use Apple devices for daily stuff, but a pc for music and I have Rig Manager which works wonders. I absolutely love RM. I don’t tour or play in a band, so I will probably never use the wireless option, but I see the potential for others and think it’s a cool thing. No doubt about that.

What I have rambled about in the above written words are all leading to my prior points in my earlier posts. The use of tablets is mainly divided between Android and Apple. That’s a 50/50 thing. And musicians do not solely use Apple devices. Pros and semi-pros tend to use a MacBook of some sort, yes. But the majority are amateurs and that’s a whole different ballgame.

If I only had the perspective of an amateur, the picture would be, that Apple is not being used that much. At least in Europe. Here pc is bigger. But the truth is somewhat a lot more complex.

Who uses a tablet as a DAW or to supplement a DAW? I know some does of course. But if that is the condition that weighs the heaviest, I cannot see any logic. Because most people do not use a computer and a tablet at once. I know….it’s a statement without any backing. But with all the pictures of amateur studios I’ve seen, I rarely see this type of setup. I’ve considered it myself though, but I don’t need the hassle and I don’t need it. It’s really just a gimmick thing in my eyes. More gear is cool. And look….I can control my DAW with my fingers.

If the condition is that it’s based upon people using a tablet to make music and those people mostly use Apple iPads, I believe that not many will be a candidate.

Okay….I cannot find any valid numbers regarding Android OS vs Apple IOS. But I found numbers from 40% - 54% of the market belonging to Android. Put in the equation that Windows also has a slight part of the market and all the other OS’s out there like in Huawei. Then the market share is at least be close to 50% in Android’s favor if only focusing on Apple and Android. So yes….it’s flipping the middle finger to 50% if the consumers. Unless you somehow found out that only Apple people (like myself) buy your stuff. I hardly believe that to be true. But in that case you might be right regarding the sensible thing to do is just to do Apple.

Because people don’t respond to a topic is not the same thing as what the market shares of Android vs Apple is like. Tons of variables can be put into the equation.

What system is placed in most phones and tablets right now? Are you willing to confirm that pretty much around 50% of all mobile devices are born with Android? And if you can, then how come you don’t see it as weird when half of the population uses Android?

Commercial logic dictates that the KPA would be on version 3 or 4 by now. So, Kemper clearly dances to the beat of their own drummer.

Wise words :D I still don’t see it being something they will have much success with. If this wireless solution is actually something they want us to need or want us to use, why would you flip the middle finger to approx 60% of your users? Makes no sense. Why make a huge deal out of something new and try to make it cool, if you don’t really wanna go through with it.

Of course there will be an Android solutions at some point in time. I have no doubt about that. Anything else would be illogical in a business aspect. Flipping the middle finger to more than half of their customers…..I don’t believe that.

Why are you so concerned about this? Of course there will be a solution for Android as well. Do you really expect it to be an Apple-only device :/ You must know very little about commercial logic. Android is the leading OS in phones and tablets these days. A company will of course by default not consider to do it without including Android to their solution. Patience is key. Haven’t you learned anything being a Kemper owner? ;) There is obviously some stuff that needs to be sorted out with the Android solution. Otherwise it would probably have been released the same day as for Apple.

Patience and faith, my friends :) And btw…..Denmark just went on to the quarterfinals. Let’s ALL celebrate ;)

I just updated to the latest beta firmware and RM. Then I was able to drag them in. It’s just weird that the rest wasn’t a problem. I usually don’t go for the beta releases, but thought that it was worth a try. And it worked.

Yes….he is doing a great job. It’s serious bang for your buck, buying his metal pack.