Posts by Boogiem

There is not latency from FOH Technically.. but there is the distance

If the FOH use a digital mixer there will always be a latency in the mixer + the distance to the Speakers and also add latency.
    If FOH have Active speakeres with DSP's, or amps/system controller with DSP's there will be even more latency.
    Many active speaker systems With DSP's can have up to 4-6 ms latency+ mixer maybe 1-2 ms.
    On a stage you can also maybe hear echo from back wall og the venue from the FOH speakers,
    if so turn up the volume in your stage monitor to hear less of the sound from the FOH.

Thanks to the Kemper Team for good work!!
    Hope that v.5 will include possibility to change the order effect slots so reverb can be before the tremolo to get that fantastic Fender Brownface bias tremolo effect with pulsing reverb of the tremolo speed....

I have a powerhead and use it with 2x10 cab with eminence blue alnico rated 30-35w each, with no problem. Turn down the poweramp boost level on the kemper from the default +6 db down to 0 db, og slowly raise the monitor master. iI have my monitor master vol around 6,5 , and that give me more volume than a 40 watt Fender tubeamp(63 vibroverb) :)
    and turn off the cab sim for monitor out on the kpa.

If you make your own Merged profile from a Direct profile of the amp and merge the speaker from the Studio profile (with miked up cabinet) of the same amp with identical settings.
    its very important that you check that ALL amp settings including gain are the same for the two profiles Before you merged the speaker from the studio profile.
    If not the kemper cant make a right merged profile. I have had the same problem as you with dull sounding merged profile, and the problem was not identical amp settings.
    My problem was that I checked all amp setting but forgot to check the gain setting.
    The Kemper did not give the same gain setting for Direct amp profile and the studio profile of the amp.
    As I have a Kemper Power Head, I have tried severeall profiles after the merge prosess to record the miked up cabinet connected to Speaker output (monitor output),
    and Left main out with merged speaker profile on two separate tracks in Cubase Pro.
    When I blind folded A/B the two tracks they sounded indentical. So the merge prosess Do work. :)
    but be sure to check all the amp parameters before you merge the cabinet...

I run FW 4.0.2 and try to adjust Delay feedback CC#69 via an expression pedal connected to a Rjm MMGT 16 but with no response. I have tried to control many other CC# parameters( amp gain, delay mix, rev mix, rev time...) and everything works but not CC#69,.
    Have someone else had the same problem ?

I have tried them all AXE Ultra, Axe FX 2, Kemper, and Helix. but it always sold them after a while and went back to regular tube amps and open guitarcabs, because I coundt not get used to that FRFR monitoring.
    it always sounded hard in the himid and boomy in the lo mid on stage. People say " you have to get used to FRFR monitoring", but I think many more people than me think FRFR sound awful on stage compared to an amp with guitar cabs.
    Now I save seen the light...and got into the wonderful world of combining Direct profiles of amps and studio profiles into merged profiles.
    I the done several Direct and Studio profiles of my Friedman Smallbox head, and used a amp switcher to A/B the sound of my Friedman Smallbox head and the Direct profile via the Kemper Power Head into the same guitarcab.
    After some tweeking I was not able to hear any difference between the original Friedman amp and the Kemper Power Head, on the Plexi or the BE channel. Wowww...
    Then i adusted the amp setting in the studioprofile so it was identical with the Direct profile, and merged the speaker.
    Now I got the best of both worlds Perfect monitoring on stage via monitor out without cab profile and use my guitar cab for monitoring, and L/R out with cabprofile send to to Front of house/PA mixer.
    This is something for all you guys that never get used to FRFR monitoring.... Direct profile into guitar cabs and Merged studio profile to FOH. :):):):):)

The LED`s for switch 1-5 glows even when not engaged in performance mode.( In browser mode it do not glow.)
    I assume it glows to tell you that you have 5 spots in each song, but the 5 slots are shown in the display so I cant see the point.
    For me I think it frustrating to see the activated led on and the other 4 glowing. In some lighting situations, or if you turn Down the dimmer on the leds its hard to se wich swich that are engaged.
    Is it possible to get the glowing leds of ?
    I really like the Remote as a Product, small footprint and only one cable to the KPA, but some the functions seems a bit stange to me. :)

In both Brower and Performance mode the patch/preset do not og back to original staus of a preset if a preset is set with all effect off effects off.
    If a I/A switch/effect are turned on if you press the same preset switch one more time, the effects are still on.
    Is there a setting somewhere to get back to the original patch if you press the preset button for the 2. time?
    If you use standard Midi footcontroller for presetchange and use pedal inputs on the back of the KPA set up for controlling 4 effects on/off, and turn on all effects and then presses the midcontroller patch switch for 2. time
    then you get back to the original preset without any effects. This way you can add effects and use one press of a button and get back to normal status of the preset without having to tapdance on 4 buttons like on the Remote.
    I thought the hole idea of the Remote was less tap dancing,...

Thanks for a quick answer, but I´m still confused. I have used the KPA in browser mode and i midi foot controller.
    Now I want to use the Remote in browser mode too, do I have to rename every patch I already have to make it work ?
    I tried to rename my patch Vibroverb clean to 1Vibroverb I put this as #1 in Performanse mode, if I change from performance mode to browser mode ts I get the patch 1962 Electro.
    Could You please explain little deeper how to get it to work, I can't find any info about this in the remote manual. :)

I just got a Remote today, but have problems assigning rig to it.I have upgraded my new Kemper Powerhead to firmware. beta 4. 0. 2
    In the System setting page 13 I tried to assign different rigs to footswitch 1-5, but my Remote have put in some rigs by default and will not assign new rigs,
    So to check the MIDI then connected my Nobel MIDI foot controller to Kemper MIDI input and assign rigs to pedal 1-5 everything works ok, and the kemper switch patches according to the midi controller switching as normal.
    I I press midi pr #1 on my Midicont the Remote moves to/lit up LED sw#1, ok, but if I hit sw#2 on my Midicont the Remote still is on switch 1.
    If I hit sw#3 on my Midicont the Remote move to sw#2
    If I hit midi sw #4 on my midi cont the Remote goes to/lit up LED sw#3.
    If I hit midi switch 5 to 10 on my Midi foot controller the Remote is still on sw#3, but the kemper switches Normal.
    Can anybody help.....

Adjustable slow and fast speed for the rotary would be great, like on the Strymon Lex. Is miss this function from the the Lex, but the actual rotary sound is better in the Kemper.
    :)

Its not possible to acess trem speed/rate via an exp pedal without to use use the morph function, and I want to use the morph exp pedal to adjust things like gain , volum and eq. If kemper had made it possible to acces trem speed via an exp pedal, I would be a happy man.... :)