Posts by BillyMill

That's a late question in this thread, there is a clear answer:
    The other power amp solutions have all connections external, especially the power connector. It is mainly two separate devices connected in a mechanical way.
    Our solution is fully integrated, has everything inside. The unit had to be take apart to a significant degree for upgrading it. High voltage parts are part of that. Reassembling as well as assembling is only allowed to certified facilities. This is why we will not send out upgrade packages.

[quote='EmpireNine',index.php?page=Thread&postID=81920#post81920I do respect Christoph and the Kemper team, as what we currently have is pretty phenomenal regardless. The next time, I will just get the power amp version[/quote]

Why don't you take the discount? You never mentioned that this is a problem.

[/quote]

Hi CK, how does one go about ordering a profiler with the discount (sorry if I've missed this info elsewhere), and therefore what is the price after rebate is applied? I just wanted to check the final price for a new Kemper (with rebate) versus a used price for selling mine. I know a guy on music radar was trying to sell his used profiler for £800 but there were no takers.

Yes Wem is fiery little rocker, and with Mullard tubes you can't lose.
    I''m sure you find few more profiles to your liking..

I didn't get any further than the next profile I tried, the Guyatone Cranked. Another amazingly dynamic profile that caused me to hobble to the toilet in bladder-busting pain after 3 hours straight noodling. Can't wait to try a few more later.

Brilliant stuff Oraakkeli, thanks for taking the time to profile and share these.

I'd like to say that all the profiles were very good. I can't however, as I spent four hours with the first profile I loaded, the Wem ER15 Cranked!
    I couldn't put the guitar down, the tones were so nice. Really dynamic profile with a fantastic clean to gritty tone depending how much you dig in.
    If the others are of similar quality I don't think I'll leave the house for a week and I'll have to buy a commode.

I'm not really keen on Andy's TAF profiles, just never gelled with any of them.

The profiles I've paid for however (vintage amp pack and several profiles of single amps) are heads and shoulders above the vast majority of the free ones (and I've contributed a few free ones myself such as a cornell plexi and Toneking Meteor although I don't use them much myself).

When I play the Kemper, 98% of the time the profile will be one of Andy's. I don't know Andy and I owe him nothing (unless one of my PayPal payments didn't go through!) but his profiles are excellent and the TAF profiles do not reflect this (for me). There are of course free profiles equally as good as most of Andy's profiles, there's just not that many of them that I've found (but there are a good few amazing ones out there).

Now, if I had bought a profile and found I didn't think much of it, well then I wouldn't likely buy any more. I'd have spent the price of a couple of cups of coffee and thought "oh well".

However, when I've spent the price of a couple of cups of coffee on an amp profile pack and then it's given me many many hours of massively enjoyable (grinning like an idiot) playing, then I think, feck me, what amazing value the price of those two cups of coffee were.

I'd have long ago pissed those two cups of coffee down the toilet (and the seat and floor usually), but I'm still enjoying playing the Fender Bassman 59 profile from Andy.

Definitely. I know the fuzz profile you mention and I wouldn't necessarily expect that to clean well either.

I rarely have my volume knob static for long (or on 10 for that matter), the best tones and in between clean/dirty tones are found with a profile that cleans up well and this gives you lots of flexibility.

I use Bill Ruppert's German Fuzz preset which doesn't clean up at all. But I'm using it for an out of control exploding fuzz type of tone. I've played quite a few very high gain profiles which do not respond well. But the "good" profile are very reactive.

I've had mine since August last year and have had my first three LEDS go within the last two weeks.

This must be some flaw as LED's shouldn't go at the frequency users here are finding.