Using 2 profiles at once

• Well, let me try to resume: you said that without dual amp option you're not interested in to the Kemper, the moderator of this forum is a prick, the owner of the company is even worser and everybody else is arrogant....who's trolling?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Is this possible? Is this practical?
    I think this would be amazing. Combining 2 amp profiles, or combining a profiled fuzzbox and an amp profile, that adds a multitude of possibilities.

I like the idea too !
    been a big fan of combining 2 ampsounds

if it´s not possible in one KPA i would like a "RIGPLAYER"
    (smaler rackversion 1 HE 19")

(back to the most importand talkingpoint :D )

• Since way back with the Axe Fx, Line 6 pods and software amps I have never been a fan of using two amps at the same time. It's a cool feature but I always get much better tone with one amp.

However the kemper can profile multiple amps at the same time to create one profile, like producer M Wagener and others have done here on the forum.

• Listen mate, let me break it down for you;
    I speak english at a postgraduate level and as a first language so let me assure you there will be no 'language barrier' to worry about.

You wanted information about the KPA. You couldn't bother to use the search function. You asked a commonly-asked question and were told to go look it up by yourself. Your little internet ego got hurt and swelled up to 10 times it's size and now you want all and sundry to hear about how the folks on this forum "ill-treated' you.

Here are the facts:
    You don't own the product.
    The product doesn't offer the specific functionality you want.
    The community who use the product offend you.

Logically then, you should deregister your account, F&*K off and forget about the KPA.

Happy trails loser.

(I'm not CK, and have no financial affiliation with Kemper, but I hate assholes like you spoiling my light reading after a hard day's work with this tripe - go pedal your shit somewhere else)

Edited 3 times, last by mb ().

• MB, It's about time someone finally said, what probably alot of us have been thinking. As you, I come here after a long day's work to learn and enjoy the company af fellow KPA users. I realize I'm an old man and maybe a little cranky, But you said it all and very well. If Shamalongadingdong doesn't like the features of (impeccable sound ) the KPA, he should just go elsewhere in his search .

• MB, It's about time someone finally said, what probably alot of us have been thinking. As you, I come here after a long day's work to learn and enjoy the company af fellow KPA users. I realize I'm an old man and maybe a little cranky, But you said it all and very well. If Shamalongadingdong doesn't like the features of (impeccable sound ) the KPA, he should just go elsewhere in his search .

Please, read it from the beginning to understand what happened. One guy comes to the forum, asks about the possibility of combining two profiles and, in his opinion, one of the answers was not so nice so his reaction was an aggression. That is what started this war that goes nowhere and has nothing to do with the product. It's a problem between two people.

• Please, read it from the beginning to understand what happened. One guy comes to the forum, asks about the possibility of combining two profiles and, in his opinion, one of the answers was not so nice so his reaction was an aggression. That is what started this war that goes nowhere and has nothing to do with the product. It's a problem between two people.

I did read it from the beginning.
    Any rational, reasonable person wouldn't take offence the way he did.
    His subsequent replies were rude and uncalled for and in my opinion the idiot is trolling for attention.
    If he doesn't want to be a part of the community he should leave, and if he can't hold an intelligent conversation without resorting to sarcasm then he has no business engaging the good people on this forum any longer.

Regarding the KPA - I want dual delays - I've been wanting them since I bought mines nearly a year ago. That doesn't give me the right to get rude with ANYONE because I cant have them.

My personal opinion regarding all this dual amp nonsense is that people today want to replace good old fashioned practice and playing ability with quick fixes to sound better. Alot of highly regarded players weren't born with '59 les pauls in their cots. They learnt to play on crappy equipment and they can still sound great on that crappy equipment.
    They added things like dual amps and multiple effects to enhance their already great sound. And they problem solved - if a manufacturer didn't offer the specific function they wanted they adapted other products to suit their needs.
    Today we have the good fortune of being able to directly engage the manufacturer or product designer through the internet to add functionality to a product which we've already bought, but I think we are forgetting that it's not their responsibility to cater to every tom, dick and harry's needs.
    You don't go crying to the dealership when the car you want to buy doesnt offer xxx feature, and get snarky with the salesman.
    So I feel we should engage each other as if we were standing face to face in real life - with some courtesy.

I don't care what else that idiot posts - I have no time for fools like him.

• Dear all,

just to clarify (and there could actually be a language barrier here), in my original post I never meant "go search by yourself", but rather "we've been discussing this since years, but we've never heard back from Kemper". I went on describing the reasons why it could possibly not happen.

Misunderstandings are always possible, specially on the Net. What I don't accept is a rude response to a following message where I explained what I meant and apologized if my original lines might sound offensive.
    Throwing shit to someone who's lending you his hand is not only immature, but miserable, and completely describes the person.

• let's continue with the micromanagement of discourse and let's keep arguing about petty crap in this thread, instead of thinking about the larger issues with whats going on here that i have been trying to raise. let's continue with that some more.

You really took my advice and ran with it.

• The select few of you who have decided the best way to seem like reasonable and intelligent "adults" by hurtling insults and making blanket statements about my life...(because i criticized the way this forum is run..seriously think about how insane that is)

You guys remind me of the Salem witch hunters. This is contemporarily called swarm intelligence. Swarm intelligence is not a high intelligence, it's about following the guys that's in front of you, if you see many moving in the same direction. There is a number of swarms in the world of humans and animals known to have failed.

Just some food for thought, you beautiful, self-righteous internet badasses.

• shamalama, for recording purposes you could always try re-amping, that way you could blend multiple instances of different amps. It would appear from previous interviews with CK that dual amps seem unlikely to be included (Just my interpretation). There's a whole section on reamping I think in the KPA wikpa that a user here has put together, 'viabcroce' is his username. I emailed him a while back, he's a real gentleman. If you're considering getting a unit I'd strongly recommend a read. It will bring you up to speed nicely...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Thank you.
    I am aware that a majority in this forum understand my posts the way they were intended.

About me and this forum:
    - This is a user forum where mainly users help users.
    - The members of the company are happy to help in this forum.
    - We don't have the time to address every single question, as we cannot scan every single thread every day. This is not about ignoring users.

"The worst case i've seen personally here was of CK intervening in a thread to discuss some physics related comment that a user brought up, then bluntly ignoring said user when he diverted the thread back to it's original topic, which was the availability of a feature in a future update.
    That was just plain rude."

-> I have unfortuately not the time budget to follow every question and every thread from beginning to the end. And we feel free not to comment future software updated, since we get get copied already by our competition.
    You are giving me reasons not to participate in this forum. You call me rude because I stopped writing after I started. Do I get this wrong?

"Customer service people quoted for what CK was saying there would have been fired"

-> My main position is not customer service. I am not a politician and I am happy to polarize. You will not see me acting slick.

"I agree with you as I was treated like shit by the supermoderator in that thread but there are some nice people here so I want to stay. As a result of being treatead like that I just changed my mind about sharing profiles and promoting the KPA at other forums. And believe me, I've done a lot of promotion. He has 1,000,000 nice fuzz profiles and is not sharing them! It's ok. I'll do the same. I'm not sharing profiles anymore. My profiles are not so nice, but I'll keep them to me."

-> How did you conclude that he is not going to share those profiles ????

CK

Edited 3 times, last by ckemper ().

• "Is not sharing them..." that was said tuesday and he announced he was going to share those profiles next day. But was not the problem.. I think I overreacted on that thread, so I edited some posts on that thread as the one you have just quoted.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• shamalama, for recording purposes you could always try re-amping, that way you could blend multiple instances of different amps. It would appear from previous interviews with CK that dual amps seem unlikely to be included (Just my interpretation). There's a whole section on reamping I think in the KPA wikpa that a user here has put together, 'viabcroce' is his username. I emailed him a while back, he's a real gentleman. If you're considering getting a unit I'd strongly recommend a read. It will bring you up to speed nicely...

Now this is funny! :D

Bratt, dude, thank you! I appreciate it :thumbup:

• Hey CK, glad to see you decided to hop in.

I don't know about this forum - i'm fairly new here as you can see - but i can tell you negative opinion of your interaction with users and support for your product is very, very widespread and i came across it on multiple occasions when studying up on the KPA.

I do understand your comment about the competition and it's reassuring to know there is some reason for this, but what we need is some minimal level of feedback;
    A post saying 'acknowledged' in the end of a thread.
    An Email to serial-registered users concerning timelines for essential features we already know will be incorporated, like performance mode, undo/redo etc.
    Anything short of that and we're just posting to ourselves. I also accept that this is a 'users for users' forum, but that just makes it worse - we've received a partial product, we're waiting for updates and in the meantime the only person we can talk to about this is ourselves -
    so again, i hope you take a more active interest in this forum.

Other than that, there are about 4 or 5 new threads maximum on any day here so you most certainly can and should scan each and every one, at the very least the new thread or two in the feature requests and tech support private forums (and if they aren't here for you to read, why put them up at all?).
    If you actually bothered to answer some of them, we might even avoid twenty-something librarian threads, for instance.

As for your 'swarm intelligence' statement, you're not supposed to be a customer support clerk and this is your product - you'll run it as you see fit - but being rude to your clients is just stupid -
    and as we know, there are a number of examples for stupid in the world of humans and animals known to have failed.
    (Sorry, i just had to)
    Bottom line is, that comment simply should not have been, and it was definitely not necessary.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

Edited 3 times, last by Quitty ().

• I have unfortuately not the time budget to follow every question and every thread from beginning to the end.

Maybe not every thread, but the most important ones ... which I'm sure you do whenever you have some time.
    But I think the few answers you post aren't very helpful regarding the original question asked. You tend to defend your product with a knife in your mouth and no matter how your response is perceived by your customers. Yes sir, we are your customers, not a stupid swarm. This remark was way over the top, sorry but I have to say so. The majority of users is not responsible for individual faults. And by far the majority here is very happy and convinced by your product. No need to defend it like a pitbull. ;)

And we feel free not to comment future software updated, since we get get copied already by our competition.

Of course you're free to comment or not comment on anything here. But let me tell you that a librarian isn't rocket science and no competitor will get totally psyched if you publicly state that this is in the works and that it is expected to see daylight in April or May for example. The "no comment" policy is valid for some parts of your product and development ... but it's kind of ridiculous to try to make everything a top secret pentagon case.

Just my 1550 Euro on this topic,
    Martin

• We've already been told that the librarian and several other features are in the works.
    We also know they always scan and listen to the users and decided to implement other more requested features before the perform mode and undo/redo.
    I think they have good interaction with the users compared to many other companies.
    Some users want constant feedback about a feature, some are fine with one reply.
    It's impossible to please 100% of users and their special needs.

Just look at Line6 and Fractal and see what happens when a time line is set and the outrage that follows when estimated date is not met. I think it's very wise to learn from history and not make that mistake with set dates.
    I'm content knowing they are constantly working on features and improvements.
    No product with frequent updates can never be concidered fully done. It's constantly improving.