Using 2 profiles at once

• Studies have found that caged Bonobo chimps, unhappy with their trainers, are capable of equating them to their own fecal matter on the floor. A behavioral trait developed in primates millions of years ago. Match that with the well known adrenaline high some get from stirring controversy and seeing a thread devolve into the gutter by adolescent behavior is so common there's no surprise. boring...

Most forums have the capability to lock, erase, or revoke the account of such abusers.

However, it IS surprising how Libertarian the Kemper forum is. I don't see censorship or manipulating the thread here, just letting it take it's course. Wow! Kudos.

Then there is CK:

In a world of 6+ billion human beings, there is currently only one in history, Mr. Kemper, who was capable, able and willing to create an amp profiler.

A product that was non-existant, that now contributes to society by providing people with inspiration, happiness, productivity, livelihood, and purpose.

WOW!

Edited 2 times, last by db9091 ().

• I don't know about this forum - i'm fairly new here as you can see - but i can tell you negative opinion of your interaction with users and support for your product is very, very widespread and i came across it on multiple occasions...

Here's my thoughts on support and interaction having had the KPA for a year and few months.
    - I've gotten very fast replies and help with follow-up to support tickets I've opened. Replies received even outside "office hours" and during weekend. Sometimes with comments from CK.
    - I've made a feature request on the forum, which has been implemented (browse last imported rigs). Took sometime and would probably be there even without my request, but nice anyway.
    - I've received pm answers from CK to a technical comment I've send him.
    -CK and others from Kemper team have commented in threads I've started and participated in. Judging by the posting times they rarely sleep. ;)

I've never had this kind of support or interaction with any guitar or non-guitar related product. But everybody of course has their own experiences, which may differ.

• Here's my thoughts on support and interaction having had the KPA for a year and few months.
    - I've gotten very fast replies and help with follow-up to support tickets I've opened. Replies received even outside "office hours" and during weekend. Sometimes with comments from CK.
    - I've made a feature request on the forum, which has been implemented (browse last imported rigs). Took sometime and would probably be there even without my request, but nice anyway.
    - I've received pm answers from CK to a technical comment I've send him.
    -CK and others from Kemper team have commented in threads I've started and participated in. Judging by the posting times they rarely sleep. ;)

I've never had this kind of support or interaction with any guitar or non-guitar related product. But everybody of course has their own experiences, which may differ.

Please don't mistake my concern with displeasement - the product is great and the update schedule is fine, albeit a little unfocused IMO.
    With that said, when i considered buying a KPA i heard the people in charge were condescending, that the support forum is more like a cult (and frankly, the dude posting before you is a little... worrying) and that the product is neglected by the company.

My impressions these past weeks were not all that bad, but i understand where they come from - and that makes buying, recommending and even keeping a KPA a difficult decision - and not because the product is lacking, but because the management doesn't seem to care what it's customers are saying.
    I haven't been here too long and maybe if i have my opinion would be different, but if you were in my stead -
    joining in on a forum flooded with requests, petitions even, for promised features, with a management that calls it's customers stupid and updates that have nothing to do with what you see on the forum -
    would you think differently?

The problem is presentation. If i know someone in management gave a damn, i wouldn't be worried. I might be upset, i might even discuss it on a forum, but i wouldn't be worried.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I don't know about this forum - i'm fairly new here as you can see - but i can tell you negative opinion of your interaction with users and support for your product is very, very widespread and i came across it on multiple occasions when studying up on the KPA.

My experience from being on the forum from the beginning is very positive.
    I read other gear forums a lot and I see a lot of positives and very few negatives.
    There's always a very loud small % of users on every gear forum and it's simply impossible to please everyone. That's just how gear and forums are.
    Since you don't know this forum like you say, we get very close interaction and communication with the dev team and they listen and implement features and fixes with frequent updates. It can't be perfect or please everyone but I see really great product support and with a forum that is not censored either. To me that's better than any other product forum I've been on.
    If you want to experience censorship, banning, condescending remarks and cult then take a look at the history of the infamous F.. forum.

• Lightbox and a few other realists are seeing the issues as customers who have paid and been told future developments will be forthcoming.

This forum and it's many users now appear to be hardcore fanbois building and supporting a shrine to CK their saviour and God.

When owners/users start to rightfully question what's going on and when, they're pounced upon by the "pack". I'm saddened as it's very much looking like the Fractal forum.

As for CK and SOME of his responses they're rude and yes, not always true.

Check my previous posts and you'll see my position remains unchanged on the product and the man and his attitude towards his paying customers who have been led to believe customer respect/support is different at Kemper.

So what does this post expect?

Let ANY user have his say as they see fit as unlike the fanbois they have real questions and issues that THEY experience. If the disciple fanbois are happy with their experience great for them but they're not everyone believe it or not. Also the number or posts from people who like to post absolutely NO VALUE comments is pathetic. If you have no actual value to add please spare us your pathetic words as you're clogging up a forum that should be about the product and actually helping others. If you want to socialize use your phone or jump on http://www.lookingforafriendImpathetic.com

• Quitty: Well put, I certainly can understand your sentiments the way you presented them. Same goes for others who can relate to your post. Definitely food for thought for team Kemper. Given my personal experiences and needs for KPA I'm happy, but of course welcome any improvements in all areas (be it new features, improved communication etc.). And these may arise from such constructive and civil comments as your last post.

• Lightbox and a few other realists are seeing the issues as customers who have paid and been told future developments will be forthcoming.

I see issues always discussed here (not deleted) and we all know future updates, fixes and features will always come, like their previous 15 year company history show.
    No product will please me or anyone else 100% and I think it's simply impossible to please every user on product forums, that's just the norm to be expected and how it will always be. That's realistic thinking and I'm an optimist.

• So, who's pathetic now?
    When you demand more respect you should finally start to show it yourself.
    Your whole post is a perfect example of rudeness itself.
    You denounce a majority of the user base as non - realists and fanbois.
    I for one don't feel I belong to either group and also I also don't see any blind worshipping from other constantly contributing forum members .

And when you demand more 'value' (whatever that might be for you) from the contributions of some members I have two points to make:
    1. This is no support/tech talking forum only. I have made some pleasant relationships here with friendly people from all over the world that share some of my personal interests. I'm sure others share this sentiment and this forum displays this with a certain kind of familiarity and comradship.
    2. Look up the history of your own posts. Start creating value yourself, finally.

• I share HappyKemper's vision here, it seems to me the most balanced one.

(Edit: I also share Ingolf's vision, he has posted few minutes before me)

Personally, I don't see or feel Eng. Kemper as a god, and don't think I have to defend him. I don't even share any single things he does or writes. At 50, I don't feel the need for having a (super)hero. As for the praises he gets, well they are well deserved IMO.

Stating that this forum is full of negativities, and that Kemper and the KPA are perceived negatively on the Net, seems to me really over the lines tho. I've seen things you humans can't even imagine... forums where the users have been called "indignant whiners"; forums where posts are deleted if someone writes something against the product or the owner.
    AFAIR, this has never happened here.

I also can't share the "we need..." (aka "you have to...") attitude. "I'd like.." would be much better.
    What I mean is, that buying the KPA we have bought no special "right" along with it, if not the possibility to use the product. Everything further that comes is a gift.
    I understand the impatience (feel it kind of teen-ish, which is something - and sometimes - good IMO) but, honestly, if the product was not yet ready to match your needs\expectations, you should probably have waited a bit longer before buying it.
    As for the impatient user's typical profile, I wonder how many professionals (recording studios owners, for example, or high-level performers such as Andy Innes) are writing posts for complaining about Kemper not revealing the development timelines or not engaging peer-to-peer forum chats.
    IOW, I understand someone's frustration, but do not justify it. This is of course only my POW.

When it comes to expectations from the userbase, specially in terms of forum interactions, I suspect we're also experiencing a cultural difference here. Americans and Europeans may have a different attitude in terms of relationship with the users, and Germans might be of their own kind as well.
    What I'm saying is that we, as Europeans, are not much forum-oriented in business as the Americans seem to be. A hint to this is to see how many German users vs. how many American users are complaining.
    Just a thought.
    Add to this the fact that the Kemper team is small and busy, and you'll see why interaction on the forum is different from what some users may expect.

HappyKemper is right: Kemper support is excellent where it has to be (tickets, bug fixing, constant developing. And I'm sure they lìread the requests, and evaluate them all). And, till now, they have not missed any single promises they have made (another excellent reason not to promise timelines!).
    You can't of course expect they implement every single requested features. We have bought a product, not a season ticket or a subscription.

A last word about Eng. Kemper's Internet persona IMO: I've never seen a firm owner so willing to take part in forum discussions, and with such a simple and on-earth attitude, despite al the work he's probably developing. I really don't believe that Fractal is the only firm where people work 10-12 hours per day. Eng. Kemper goes home at night (does he really do?) and still finds time to read the forum and answer some questions. Most of the time I found his posts very useful and enlightening.

I know, forums are made for chatting, complaining, getting angry... and Kemper know it as well, for sure. That's why you don't see people banned, even when they deserve it ;)

• Quoted from "Man_With_Gas"
    Lightbox and a few other realists are seeing the issues as customers who have paid and been told future developments will be forthcoming.

This forum and it's many users now appear to be hardcore fanbois building and supporting a shrine to CK their saviour and God.

When owners/users start to rightfully question what's going on and when, they're pounced upon by the "pack". I'm saddened as it's very much looking like the Fractal forum.

As for CK and SOME of his responses they're rude and yes, not always true.

Check my previous posts and you'll see my position remains unchanged on the product and the man and his attitude towards his paying customers who have been led to believe customer respect/support is different at Kemper.

So what does this post expect?

Let ANY user have his say as they see fit as unlike the fanbois they have real questions and issues that THEY experience. If the disciple fanbois are happy with their experience great for them but they're not everyone believe it or not. Also the number or posts from people who like to post absolutely NO VALUE comments is pathetic. If you have no actual value to add please spare us your pathetic words as you're clogging up a forum that should be about the product and actually helping others. If you want to socialize use your phone or jump on http://www.lookingforafriendImpathetic.com

So, who's pathetic now?
    When you demand more respect you should finally start to show it yourself.
    Your whole post is a perfect example of rudeness itself.
    You denounce a majority of the user base as non - realists and fanbois.
    I for one don't feel I belong to either group and also I also don't see any blind worshipping from other constantly contributing forum members .

And when you demand more 'value' (whatever that might be for you) from the contributions of some members I have two points to make:
    1. This is no support/tech talking forum only. I have made some pleasant relationships here with friendly people from all over the world that share some of my personal interests. I'm sure others share this sentiment and this forum displays this with a certain kind of familiarity and comradship.
    2. Look up the history of your own posts. Start creating value yourself, finally.
    ------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------
    I don't recall wanting your respect only your intelligence if you had any.

Everything you've written is exactly my point.

I also said this the other day to someone - I didn't realise you ran security for Kemper or you're related to CK.
    Your rant certainly indicates one or the other or maybe even both. Most likely you've self appointed yourself I strongly suspect.

Demand more value? I see you as a child/fanboi who needs a lesson in comprehension.

It'd be best if you headed back over to the Line6 board as your input here is not helping me and many others.

NOW you actually have something to whine about.

• It'd be best if you headed back over to the Line6 board as your input here is not helping me and many others.

You never know when you may need the help of a Doc...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• [font='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'][size=12]

[align=left]Studies have found that caged Bonobo chimps, unhappy with their trainers, are capable of equating them to their own fecal matter on the floor. A behavioral trait developed in primates millions of years ago. Match that with the well known adrenaline high some get from stirring controversy and seeing a thread devolve into the gutter by adolescent behavior is so common there's no surprise. boring...

[align=left]Most forums have the capability to lock, erase, or revoke the account of such abusers.

[align=left]However, it IS surprising how Libertarian the Kemper forum is. I don't see censorship or manipulating the thread here, just letting it take it's course. Wow! Kudos.

Yes! This is EXACTLY what is happening.....
    So let's not feed the monkeys! :D

I am appalled by the immature behavior and arrogance displayed here by a select few. Make your issues known, plainly stated then move on! The rest of this is senseless and detracts from an otherwise helpful online forum.

bd

• Immaturity on Libertarian forums can often be solved by delivering a swift dictatorial kick in the seat of the pants. Different strokes for different folks ;)!

• It's always a lot easier to vent bad mood and personal frustration when protected from the anonimity of Internet, in person you need balls...
    I'm really disappointed that together with the rapid growth also a certain number of Trolls are starting to infest this otherwise very nice corner of the Web..... :thumbdown:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It's always a lot easier to vent bad mood and personal frustration when protected from the anonimity of Internet, in person you need balls...
    I'm really disappointed that together with the rapid growth also a certain number of Trolls are starting to infest this otherwise very nice corner of the Web..... :thumbdown:

The best antidote against trolls is ignoring them but I don't think that all the complaints made lately should be qualified as trolling. In my opinion it's just a matter of manners that could be controlled with moderate forum moderation just to avoid personal agression.

• Thanks for your personal advice!
    Guess it's not valuable to make further comments on this.
    Namely in a thread named "Using 2 profiles at once" :)
    Believe me, it's a challenge for me not to answer, but the posts in this thread are so outstanding, my answer would take one page at least, and reasonable time.

About using 2 profiles:
    Playing two profiles in series take much calculation power. We have no close plans so far to make this happen.

Edited once, last by ckemper ().