Posts by bshaw92

On a side note do you have any opinion or feedback to offer it the powered kemper sounds better than say an unpowered kemper with a Matrix GT800FX or similar?

This will be subjective. You can use many options that will probably work for you. The benefit of the powered Kemper is that you carry one item and it contains both. If you are dead set on having the powered amp into an actual cabinet I would have the buyer fix the situation. The all in one is tough to beat if that is your desired setup.

I assume guitar to Kemper input, direct send to axe fx, output axe fx to Kemper return.....do I have my dxr10 on and at stage volume?

If you have the Axe preset as you like it there is no need to use the Yamaha. You can do this by using some good headphones and it will keep it silent. Refine the profile and listen through the headphones (Kemper). For profiling the Axe, Helix or amp into an IR there is no benefit for using an FRFR at loud volumes if your presets are already good. This works out lovely and takes the noise level out of the equation so you can do it into the evening without keeping everyone awake with spaceship noises.

If he really feels that way why make a powered speaker for such devices?

500W Active Modeler/Profiler Monitor;The Friedman ASM-12 powered monitor was designed and voiced for use with today’s guitar amp modelers and profilers including Fractal Audio Axe-Fx, Kemper Profiler, Line 6 HD Series and others. The ASM-12 delivers rich authentic tones, allowing you get the most out of these systems in live use and playback applications

Great ears, but he copied Marshall?Soldano etc with his twist and with names like Pick Taco, Hairy Brown Eye, Dirty Shirley etc... seems maturity level is stuck at age 14 - Just sayin.

https://www.voes.be/

Bought an MX-18 for another device and have been using it with my Kemper with good results. No need for extra buttons as everything plus some fits on the first page.

16.93 inches x 9.06 inches x 3.54 inches

Page B has the looper with presets and effects.

Speaks with the Kemper so the performance Rigs are noted in the LCD and effects/stomps on/off status is shown.

Keep in mind that you can utilize the tuner and looper switch as well to change stomps/effects. I have a Clip on tuner and the looper is to short for me using live so I can loose them for the sake of two additional stomp/effects.

One more thing to consider. Wouldn't the "art" of micing up a cabinet also apply to shooting IRs?

Yes, which is why all IR's are not created equal.

The profiling world will be very muddy very quickly. It starts by substituting the IR for a real mic and cabinet then profiling a Helix...then an Axe and because people can produce good tones from them they become indistinguishable. Then you have no idea what you are getting unless you do your own profiles.

Some people will do crazy stuff to make a buck.

Definitely preference. If I am not going to use the base profile again I place them in a folder and keep the current one on the Kemper. I save the name with some designation that it was changed. I always remove the naming convention of the original and stick with my format..but that's just me. Your Kemper will operate fine with a bunch of profiles. I minimize to about 300 or so on the machine and everything else in the Rig Manager Folders.

When you make your first profile edit the fields. Go to browser, switch to another profile and then back. Make sure all you edits took and then profile from that one. It becomes very tedious if something happens and you have to go back through 20 plus profiles editing tags. Been there done that.

I don't have any inside info, but I'd be willing to bet a fair number of profiles are made incorporating IR's, using reactive loads and the such.

This is a shame if it is not specifically noted. People assume they are buying the "art" of micing up a cabinet with stuff they don't have or can't get and paying for it. Making profiles with an IR will not produce the same result as a dynamic mic and cabinet. The Ox is pretty close since it is supposed to be dynamic, but an IR is a static representation and that is contingent upon the load put into the speaker (by the power amp) at the moment the IR is taken.

If these are a Direct Profiles the DI Box can also have an effect on the sound. I have tried e different DI boxes and they all sounded slightly different.

This is a big factor. Some DI out will dull the sound and produce what you describe. You cannot assume that just because a device (loadbox or otherwise) has a Line out that it will provide an accurate representation of the amp. I've learned this the hard way and tend to stick with one option that has worked. This is a big issue because the device will react totally different than you would expect and your line out that you use is not lively and crisp after all. Work spent making profiles is chalked up to life experience....

I've always wondered since the point they started making "pay-per-view" profiles which ones really used actual mics and cabinets versus IR's and other digital stuff to get there. Since there was never any policing it's always been "on your honor". The biggest part of the profile is the cabinet/mic.