Posts by old crow

Has enough time elapsed to come to a decission on what the best live sound is ?
    This is not about the loudest or best stage sound.

- Studio monitors , if so which ones and why.

-Stage monitors....

-Power amp and guitar cabinet.

I have 6" JBL pro monitors and they sound awful w the Kemper. They work great for mixing but not for playing guitar thru. I would not recomend studio monitors for use w the Kemper. Instead try and find a good small speaker in a small cab. I'm thinking 8" or maybe for quiet, close to your ear practice, maybe a 6" or even less. Power it w a small power amp like the .22 cal. and it should sound much better than full range pro monitors w tweeters.

Thanks for the excellant advice, now I'm ready to put all these rigs in storage in the 'puter, then I'm going to buy some pro rigs from Armin . Once I have them installed I'll bring back only the rigs I really like, hopefully that way I'll have more speed and just keep it simple.

I'd also like a function to do this.
    If I remove all my amps from the browser onto a memory stick, how safe are they to store on the stick ? and can I put them from the stick into a file in my documents ( computer )
    That way I can start fresh loading only what I really use back into the Kemper.

I'm interested in hearing more about what Armin said about not being able to completely seperate the cabinets. This is something I've been wondering about because it's impossible to profile a cabinet without using an amp to drive it, so whatever amp is driving the cab. will be part of the profile. Am I right ? If so, then ya , Tils cab's are great for most Marshall type amps but I'd also like to have more open back cabs, for the combo amps I prefer.

Do you have any plans to offer some type of roll your own pack to allow a discount to those wanting multiple profiles but perhaps not the ones you've grouped together?

Now your talkin'. If I'm gonna spend big bucks I'd like to pick and choose....
    Here's another question: Would you also consider selling profiles done with only one guitar, eg. L.P. only. That could be another way to cut costs and appeal to more buyers, as not everyone has a L.P., Strat and Tele. ( just a thought )

Thanks bro....that list is so buried , I saw it once but didn't save it. Now I've got it.

Am I correct to assume that if a person plays one style, lets say hard rock, that any power amp into say a Marshall 4 x 12" would sound great, but if you switch styles to something like Feist or Wilco , then that cab. is not going to sound so good with a Kay profile.
    So....maybe more than one cab. would be preferable, but the power amp shouldn't matter that much.

This is my go-to profile. Whatever special sauce it has makes me smile a lot. I actually own a 78 JMP and this profile NAILS it exactly if not better.

I like it too, that's why I'd like to have more than just one profile of that amp.

I'm planning on buying a power amp to try this too, but I'm prepared that if I'm using say a 12" open back cab. that it will not sound like a Marshall stack.....same goes for using a Marshall 4 x 12" cab. while playing thru a Kemper profile of the little 62 Kay or a 57 tweed Champ. but it has to be better than going thru studio monitors with the leetle tweeters fizzing away at you.

I may be way behind on technology, but I don't believe that Adobe has anything to do with file "zipping"/archiving products? :huh: :S
    I never even got off the starting line, that's why I have trouble w this stuff.
    I don't have any prob. downloading from the rigs though, no need to unzip anything.