delete all rigs except favorites

• just downloaded 1.5.1 without problem, even with 1674 rigs .
    (deleting all day long from 1750 - tough job ....)
    currently have about 160 favorites .
    it will be fantastic if we could have :

"delete all rigs except favorites" :thumbup:

what do you think ???

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• basically I am with few other guys asking for "selective deleting function" based on :
    current author, last imported, favorite....or whatever
    in that case i don't think we will need editor so badly ( just a little bit :D ) ????

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I'd also like a function to do this.
    If I remove all my amps from the browser onto a memory stick, how safe are they to store on the stick ? and can I put them from the stick into a file in my documents ( computer )
    That way I can start fresh loading only what I really use back into the Kemper.

• If I remove all my amps from the browser onto a memory stick, how safe are they to store on the stick ?

A USB stick can break any time whithout any visible reason! I have seen many USB sticks break, get lost or just not loaded any more by my computer. So it is good for transfering data from the Kemp to the computer but I would not trust it for long term backup storage.

and can I put them from the stick into a file in my documents ( computer )

So I would strongly recommend to save your KPA files in a folder on your computer and maybe also on an external harddrive for backup.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Thanks for the excellant advice, now I'm ready to put all these rigs in storage in the 'puter, then I'm going to buy some pro rigs from Armin . Once I have them installed I'll bring back only the rigs I really like, hopefully that way I'll have more speed and just keep it simple.

• What I'd really like is the ability to run a USB cable from the KPA to my PC, audition profiles directly off my PC's hard drive, and then transfer them if they make the cut. That way I could keep a complete library of profiles on the PC, and just the best/currently applicable profiles on the KPA, without having to jump through hoops transferring, comparing, deleting, repeating...

The thumbdrive approach is really cool in some ways, e.g. being able to backup and restore when there's no computer in sight, but having the option to connect directly to a PC would open up a lot of possibilities.

• Always use the 'Safe Removal' option before disconnecting your USB stick from your computer.

Yesss, good advice! I Killed several USB-sticks, cheap ones and very expensive ones, just by accidentally unplugging them from the computer without the "Save Removal" process. Next time I plugged them in they were dead. Also I would not recommend to go with the same stick from Linux-Ubuntu to Windows. This killed me two USB-sticks even with the Save Removal.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I'm using Windows and have swapped my drive from my box to my Kemper probably 25 or 30 times since getting the unit and have never manually unmounted the stick. In fact, I've had this same small USB stick forever and have never done anything but pull it out of the box when I was done with it. Is this more an issue for Mac users?

• All OS buffer the data first - before writing to the USB stick.

If you remove the stick before the OS finished writing and the stick stored everything - some data will be lost or in worst case the file system of the stick will be corrupt.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• ^ This is correct. OTOH, the writing operation is not delayed under normal use conditions. This only happens when the CPU is too busy performing other I\O operations at the same time, and most often you can say whether this is the case or not. It never happens on my machine.

I'm sure Don knows that, but for those who are less into computers, what I wrote about USB sticks getting corrupted in time has not to do with correctly closing an I\O session, but is intrinsic to the technology.