Posts by lightbox

Kemper has already leaked the news of an upcoming Vintage Sound Project Rig Pack.
    Since I was curious, I just went to their website and found what this pack could (potentially) contain.

• 1940 Ampro Stylist Tubeamp
    • 1969 Vox Ac 50
    • 1997 Vox Ac15
    • 2007 Vox Heritage HW AC-30 Anniversary
    • 2005 Realguitars 1974 HW Marshall Clone
    • 2011 Vahlbruch Ampro 40W
    • 1965 Fender Bandmaster
    • 1985 Fender Deluxe 85
    • div cabs (Marshall, Fender, Vox, Ampro, Framus)..

Source:
    http://www.vintagesoundproject.com/content,14.html

I want to leave cab, mic, preamp and A/D converters out of the equasion as far as possible, to create the most realistic profiles of my amps :) I

The point I tried to make is:
    Even if you profile without cabs and mics, a profile on the Kemper will always consist of AMP and CAB information because it can't perfectly distinguish. After the profiling process of a DI signal of your amp, the CAB part of a profile will not be empty, so to say. So, if you make a profile without cab and mics ... and then switch off the CAB part, some of the amp's sound will be gone and can't be restored by just using some self-generated CAB IR.

It does not happen with units outside that specific period of time (beginning to mid 2012) and not all units from that time suffer from the issue.

Timo, how does this translate to the recent reports that even AFTER repair, the LEDs start dying again?

Kemper dead LED - whats next?
    Kemper dead LED - whats next?

Also, I wonder how my unit can have the same problem although I bought it at the very end of 2012 ... and these units sell fast, can't believe mine was made in mid 2012?

I would really prefer to ONLY send my Profiler in for repair when I KNOW that the issue is fixed. Doesn't seem like being fixed right now when I read these user reports.

I didn't understand well, what you're trying to do, but one thing I want to tell you about the Stack section, especially Amp & Cab part of it.
    There's no perfect separation of AMP part and CAB part in a profile. The Profiler tries to split the profiled data into these two parts. You always profile the whole chain and the Profiler internally tries to guess what of the captured data should be part of the amp and part of the cab section. It does pretty well, but not 100% accurate.

You can achieve great sounding results by changing the CAB part of a profile (or switch the CAB off and use an IR via CabMaker). But don't expect 100% accurate, realistic reproduction compared to the real amp/cab combination.

Hope this helps to adjust your expectations. :)

First I missed a bit of bass punch on the DXR10, but then I switched them to FOH/MAIN mode and now I'm perfectly happy even at pretty high volumes. Of course the DXR15 would have much more bass punch, but I guess it would be to much for most people. Also, the DXR15 would have been quite a bit heavier (14,6kg vs. 22.5kg) and bigger to transport. The Atomic CLR would also have had 21kg.

So I'm really happy and price wasn't an issue here.

Edit: Corrected the mode I switched to.

... and now to something completely different (or how Ken puts it: Get A Life)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Don't get me wrong, but how can you expect exceptionally good profiles from someone who is known as a long time amp modeler user? Isn't it a completely different story to build presets based on given amp models compared to profiling tube amps?

I've seen a discussion in another thread regarding special features in the Wiki. Tag Cloud was a keyword there.

My personal opinion is: Tag Clouds have no functional benefit, they are just typographical representations of some stats. If you need to see some stats, there's already a lot to discover in the so called "Special Pages". You find this link in the left column under Toolbox. Have fun discovering these special pages. :)
    One of them is "Popular Pages" where you can see which are the most successful pages so far. But there's a lot more.

I had a pretty busy week but I will try to design a more accessible structure and will try to explain so we can discuss it.
    Also I will try to organize an online community meeting where I can demo things, explain things and we can discuss and even immediately implement in the wiKPA.org Wiki.