Posts by Joptunes

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Trying to get some tunes out there.

Hi Tom, I'm honestly a bit surprised at the lack of responses too..I was starting to wonder what that could be..Well, thanks for your response, that's very nice to hear!!!

I have nice things coming such as a Friedman JJ and Smallbox, Marshalls jmp50 plexi ('67), superlead plexi ('68) and superbass plexi ('69), Fenders showman ('62) and bassman silverface and more....

As for the numbering, I get what you're saying. I always work from the local library before moving a selection to the profiler. At least this way you get them neatly in order in your local library.

If I only start with BM, they will appear randomly between all the other BM profiles in the browse mode...But I promise I will continue to experiment with this to find the best solution. In any case, this is valuable criticism!!!

Looking forward to the old Marshall and Fender packs!

I'm a previous customer of the MattFig profiles. Like some of those for sure...pre LP treatment.

Bought the '71 Modded Super Lead LP pack. Is it just me or are the bass frequencies WAY too heavy? In comparison, I had a 76 Super Lead per Reampzone that I gave the post LP treatment too and the bass is controllable within the amp EQ...as it should be.

I'm hesitant to try others if they're all the same i.e. too bass heavy. I'd need to use post EQ shaping to get the low end mud out on the '71 LP pack. Maybe that's a feature of the Friedman mod, but it's not really worth trying to make it work by tying up a slot to EQ out the low end.

For clarity, this is on the DI profiles both using an Ownhammer IR and the Kemper Kab with Greenback imprint. Bass is too present in both scenarios.

I purchased the SL pack and haven’t noticed any bass heaviness to them. I’m only using the studio profiles and not the DIs.

Morphing should work at Liquid Profiles, if you avoid Amp Model Gain, but set up Morphing for Generic Gain instead, This has the same practical effect, since both gains are linked. You need to enter amp settings and set up Morphing for Generic Gain on page 4. You can do this at the hardware or in Rig Manager. Amp Model Gain will follow the Morphing of Generic Gain correctly. It gets also stored correctly.

At Liquid Profiles the dedicated knob at the front panel controls Amp Model Gain. For the time being, don't use this knob to set up Morphing. It cannot work correctly.

Thank you using the generic gain worked perfectly and makes sense since it's linked directly to the 'normal' gain control.

thanks again

i'm having the same issue with saving morph on the gain settings with liquid profiles only. Can't get the morph changes to save and stick either on the KPA itself or through rig manager. Have tried clearing morph settings, only way to correct it is to remove the liquid profile and go back to kemper generic, then saving morph changes for gain. It sticks once i go back to kemper generic gain/eq tone stack.

these controls like bright cap are on the kemper itself in the amplifier block but don’t show up in rig manager. Maybe that will change over time and with updates.

I think I read in the comments or in another thread he does it this way because he’s printing the effects as well. So the first pass gets printed with effects. The he deletes and re-records one track and is printing that new track with one side of the effects. So the slight variations in his playing will also include the effects that line up with the variations and not the effects from the original recording. I haven’t tried it to see if it makes a noticeable difference. Interesting idea to try.

Michael, loving the new pack especially the SL68.

one question, I notice on these new profiles that my P90 equipped guitars are really quiet even on higher gain settings. Are you doing something different in your profiling process that would account for this? I would love to get the same level of noise on my older profiles. Just curious.

Thanks

Sean

If things sound good from the headphone output, then see if you can get an aux feed from the board without your guitar. Send that signal to the aux in on the kemper and blend it in to taste. That’s how I use IEMs.