Morphing of gain on new os 10. Still not working

• I remember reading from one of the guys @ Kemper that "morphing on the modelled gain should not happen", so I believe they have - for any reason - removed the code (that worked in the earlier betas IIRC)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Reversed... It only works on the generic gain by design according to the fine Kemper folks. Tested it and it works.

That makes no sense. Why would you use the generic gain on Liquid profiles? It takes away the purpose of Liquid.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That makes no sense. Why would you use the generic gain on Liquid profiles? It takes away the purpose of Liquid.

Actually it doesn't. You just set the generic morph within the regular gain limits of the amp and it works just fine. This is how it has been from the beginning, but I do agree with you. I feel like it should be the other way round.

• If I want to go from gain 10 to 0 on a Liquid profile the generic gain does not cover that much real-estate on the LP gain. On one example, I can only go down from 10 to 1.4. Really, the generic gain should not even be an option for liquid profiles. This is weird. Also, what if I want to match morph to specific values of the amp gain? You would have to do trial-and-error on the generic since the values don't match. I am confused.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• That makes no sense. Why would you use the generic gain on Liquid profiles? It takes away the purpose of Liquid.

Oh, but it makes a lot of sense!!

The generic gain is linearly dependent on the position of the expression pedal. The amp gain is not linear. As an amp gain and also parts of the tone stack are derived (modeled) functions of the generic gain, so when you turnup the generic gain you influence the amp gain and also the tone stack.

If you do it the other way around it would just be a volume expression in front of a fully turned up amp stack.

Be the force with you ;)

• If I want to go from gain 10 to 0 on a Liquid profile the generic gain does not cover that much real-estate on the LP gain. On one example, I can only go down from 10 to 1.4. Really, the generic gain should not even be an option for liquid profiles. This is weird. Also, what if I want to match morph to specific values of the amp gain? You would have to do trial-and-error on the generic since the values don't match. I am confused.

Again, you have it backwards. Generic Gain is the full range the Kemper can do and Gain on an LP is what the amp model can do. So, when you setting the morph on an LP, you need to watch the Gain knob as you roll up the Generic Gain and stop once it hits 10 or the level below that you like. Going past it will push the gain level beyond the actual model (think Fender Princeton with Soldano Gain) and may sound bad. Kemper is allowing us to have the ability to experiment, but you certainly don't have to do that.