OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• I'm confused.

Is the first profile needed or just a reference to show its authenticity/that you can find a sweet spot with that mike placement? He did 2 separate profiles and they don't interact do they??

In other words, why not just set the dials to 12 o clock and the right LP and then profile?

I agree. Seems like a 12 o'clock profile is all you need. I wonder if that invalidates all existing profiles from being liquified or whether you can also add it to a non 12 o'clock profile. Probably.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I agree. Seems like a 12 o'clock profile is all you need. I wonder if that invalidates all existing profiles from being liquified or whether you can also add it to a non 12 o'clock profile. Probably.

I understood you can add the tone stack to any profile. For it to be "authentic" you need to know the position of the knobs it was profiled at else the starting point is different. Therefore when you profile and intend to use LP, you start at 12'oclock as the neutral position.

I could be totally wrong so some one correct me :)

• I agree. Seems like a 12 o'clock profile is all you need. I wonder if that invalidates all existing profiles from being liquified or whether you can also add it to a non 12 o'clock profile. Probably.

It doesn't invalidate anything. If you know the knob positions of the reference amp, you can 'teach' the tone stack what they were.

If not, you can apply the stack anyway and see if you like it or leave it as a non-LP profile.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It doesn't invalidate anything. If you know the knob positions of the reference amp, you can 'teach' the tone stack what they were.

If not, you can apply the stack anyway and see if you like it or leave it as a non-LP profile.

Yeah that was my understanding too before watching the above video. But on second thought perhaps the intention of the video was something else.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I'm confused.

Is the first profile needed or just a reference to show its authenticity/that you can find a sweet spot with that mike placement? He did 2 separate profiles and they don't interact do they??

In other words, why not just set the dials to 12 o clock and the right LP and then profile?

I just watched the vid an thought the same. I wasnt expecting that but very cool. It sets up your reference point a 12 oclock. vert cool

• I still think what be cooler, if we could do a profile of a amp, with say 10 reference points on the gain. An the LP would be used on the eq only. Then we could have OUR own amp as accurate as possible.

• these controls like bright cap are on the kemper itself in the amplifier block but don’t show up in rig manager. Maybe that will change over time and with updates.

• I haven't looked at the beta release yet but am wondering if it will even be of much use to me. Sounds good so far but I'm wondering if or when models of my amp's tone stacks will be available. My whole reasoning for having the profiler is to profile the amps I own and use. If liquid profiles (modeled tone stacks) could make my profiles act like my real amp as advertised, I'd have all I need and sell thousands of dollars worth of amps and still have them all in a $1500 box.

When version 10 is out of beta I will update just to see what's in it. I have a Fender Machete that I am very fond of and have made a decent profile of. What LP model should I use for it? The real amp has the normal gain, bass, mid, treble plus what they call a notch filter. My bass amp has something similar called shape, I call it Q. I really like to use that particular control to fit an instrument into a mix. Do any of the modeled tone stacks have anything like that or is there a parameter in the Kemper that can do the same?

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I still think what be cooler, if we could do a profile of a amp, with say 10 reference points on the gain. An the LP would be used on the eq only. Then we could have OUR own amp as accurate as possible.

This has been suggested a few times - multiple points are used to define the tonestack itself.

As its not happened I suspect its too complicated/got issues.

How would that be preferable?

The current LP methodology allows you to capture the amp”s gain at Maximum setting. However, the profiling process sends signals of gradually increasing level allowing it to capture ALL gain levels from zero to max. I can’t see how a lomited number of points then extrapolating between them would be an improvement.

• How would that be preferable?

The current LP methodology allows you to capture the amp”s gain at Maximum setting. However, the profiling process sends signals of gradually increasing level allowing it to capture ALL gain levels from zero to max. I can’t see how a lomited number of points then extrapolating between them would be an improvement.

It only took CK 12 years to figure out the process they promoted at release. A process that one of their main competitors (Line6) admits they tried to - but couldn't - figure out.

Christoph created profiling because (in his own words in 2011): "As a basically lazy person I spent my time trying to find an automated method, rather than modeling amps by hand."

Profiling points doesn't jibe with his desire for an automated method. Besides, we have absolutely *no* idea what's going on under the hood beyond saying "the tone stack is modeled". Which is also true of a Profile.

All we know for sure is that it works *really* well.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche