Posts by EmpireNine

Yeah I think I'm just perplexed that it failed without being used – just sat in the box and now the looper LED is not working.

I always thought it would be the LEDs on my Profiler that failed, it's one of the early batches :)

I have already messaged support regarding this, but thought I would ask the community too.

After plugging the remote in (after 3 months of not using) the looper LED is incredibly dim. I have done all the usual resets, toggled brightness in system, flushed the looper cache – no change.

When I start up the remote and the lights go to full brightness, this LED still stays rather dim, that's why I think it's a hardware rather than software issue.

I know LEDs fail, but I'm just curious as to why this was working fine the last time I used it after being sat in a box for a while?

Didn't the front panel have some internal revisions though, due to the LED issue?

@ElDoca do you have a picture of the extra indicator lines around the knobs?

Are these special editions or did Kemper have a box of silver switches they accidentally ordered :)

A Kemper with a black shell would be amazing!

I am looking to purchase a second Kemper Profiler (powered version) and I have seen a couple of threads on here with the chicken head switch coloured silver and 'volume' renamed to 'rig volume'.

Are these the newest and latest revisions or are they just anomalies?

Doesn't matter I know, but wanted to opt for a newer model if the changes were permanent.

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

I am going to try and turn the unit on tonight and hope it's all ok. It has been a week tonight, so hopefully long enough for it to dry out.

Robman, the fan wasn't blowing up into the unit, it was face down on a pillow with tons of silica gel inside.

My (unplugged) Kemper (non powered toaster) took a small splash of water to the front left panel by the chicken switch and headphone jack.

I wiped it off really quickly and left it overnight face down in front of a fan. I also put some large packs of silica gel in the back compartment.

I am wondering what to do now as I don't want to ruin it, but I was thinking of waiting a week before powering it up again?

Any ideas as I am absolutely panicking I have ruined my Kemper :(

I have a couple of rigs that are different variations (same name but with one extra letter on the end) so instead of just going between them with a click of the up/down button, I have to go up/down and then figure out where it is on the board (position one).

After adding a new favourite this morning, the original position changes, due to the multiple of five rule.

Maybe it's a bug as I just can't see this option in the system menu anywhere?

Someone will obviously mention setting up performances, but I just want to scroll one by one through my favourites :)

I have just received my remote and in after looking through the quick guide and the reference manual I can't figure out how to use the up and down arrows to just go through my favourites list, by name, one at a time, rather than five at a time. I found this line in the reference manual:

A soft button on page Remote Settings in System menu determines, if the Up/Down buttons step through the Rigs individually or by groups of five.

Basically, I can't see this 'soft button' at all or how to change this?

Thanks,

I have seen a lot of people mention this here and heard from a few others about their LEDs blowing out too. It would be good if someone from Kemper could clarify as every time I turn the unit on now I worry they will go - not fun.

Any information on why it is happening would be good too. Is it a power problem, are the LEDs cheap quality etc?

Then surely it should be aligned with the top in that case :D

Maybe in the next firmware they could make it stretch and squash for maximum realism too... focus on the important issues etc ;)

Sorry to keep bumping this, but after installing the 2.1.0 beta the tuner bubble is still corrupt on the display of my unit.

I have gone through three firmware updates without it being resolved and wondering if this is a firmware issue or something with my unit?

It started when I installed the 2.0 firmware and has never gone back to normal. I know it's not a massive issue, but I have tried everything to resolve it including resetting the flash this morning and it still persists.

Just wondering if there is something I have missed or is it just a bug in the updates?

For me personally it's about having guitars that you can knock about and not care about.

I have two American PRS guitars as well as two PRS SE guitars. I use the SE versions more for gigging and noodling around and the American ones more for recording.

They all get abuse, but the cheaper ones I don't have to worry about so much, whether they get knocked about or if they need to be replaced in the future etc.

Plus an extra guitar is another option right?

It was never our intention to give your Profiler an added value over those that are sold today.
    The upgrade resp. the discount is addressed to those that would have bought a powered version at first place, but we new the availability would take months.
    It is a "Thank You" to those that did not wait to purchase it.

This is why we will accept orders for a limited time only.

Thanks again for the clarification. Again, to everyone, I'm not trying to be rude or cause arguments. I just couldn't find any decent clarification on why this is not possible, or why KPA-Solutions can do the Camplifier and Kemper can't.

I do respect Christoph and the Kemper team, as what we currently have is pretty phenomenal regardless. The next time, I will just get the power amp version - no worries :)

How did your Profiler loose its second hand value? EmpireNine, I might come to the conclusion that I had made you and me happier by hiding all those information at first place?

The non-powered version has lost its second-hand value (monetary and perceived) because it can no longer be upgraded - that's just how it works. I have experienced it first-hand where a touring guitarist doesn't want to buy it now for this very reason.

I feel I am sounding or coming across too harsh/critical and that's not what I intend to do. I'm just trying to convey how it looks to outsiders and people who have invested in this device and were expecting the power amp upgrade. I totally understand you guys as a company are doing your best and learning from this. I'm not going to sell it and go elsewhere, because I still believe in the product. Many others won't bother though, as you have given them an expectation that has ultimately been unfulfilled. Perception matters an awful lot in these times of social media and competition, that's all people really see unfortunately - even with all the great features it has.

I agree, it might have just been better to not say anything - then there would be no expectation and people would just enjoy it for what it is, most already are.

Essentially, this sums it up for me. KPA-Solutions are selling the Camplifier right? I would really, really love to give you and your company my money instead for an official one somehow :)

You can buy a third party product meeting your needs right now: http://www.kpa-solutions.com/camplifier/

Again, if you buy a product based on the hope new features/add ons will be added, you bought it for the wrong reasons and have set yourself up for disappointment. This goes for the foot controller and whatever dream features have been dangling out there. Love it for what it is, not what it could be,

Apologies, but you are missing the major difference. I didn't buy it on the basis or "hope" that it may be released - the power amp is real and Kemper are selling it now. How it is integrated is a moot point. It exists and it was communicated to customers it was an upgrade option. Not a possible, or a far away ideology - this is where the power-amp goes and you will have to send it in to be fitted.

Things like the foot controller and other possible vapourware are just that "vapourware." I would hope that the foot controller would work with my unit. But again, this was the issue - we could all be here in a few months when that comes out and told we can't use it because of X or Y. Unlikely? Well here we are.

Various industries manage to utilise bolt on power. KPAS have done it with Camplifier, as you mentioned. What's the problem with Kemper then?

Sorry man, but anyone who buys products based on future upgrades/add ons has set themselves up to be disappointed. Kemper could have gone out of business the day after you purchased, or the power amp might have been bad quality or super expensive (technically you can buy an optional power amp, you just get a free KPA attached to it). No second hand value has been lost. I do agree with your other point that the product was likely rushed to market. But really, that has simply provided me the positive experience of having a KPA to play rather than any frustration as I bought the unit based on what it could do, not what it might do.

That's true, but people do it all the time right? Does everyone buy their computers as is, or do many purchase it knowing they can update the RAM or maybe add an external HD later? Wouldn't that be frustrating if later on you couldn't do any of those things? Not a perfect analogy, but it feels a bit like, as a user, there is no "official" upgrade choice anymore.

If a company constantly tells customers one thing, you tend to believe and put your faith that they will deliver, otherwise people look elsewhere. That's the beauty of hindsight - if I had known, I would have waited and Kemper would have got more money from me, or I would have looked at an alternative amp solution.

It shows a massive lack of foresight as I mentioned - shouldn't this have all been checked beforehand? My friends/fellow musicians don't want to buy this off me for a decent price, because the second-hand value has plummeted and they know they can't add a power amp now.

Kemper are assuming you can sell this thing for a certain price. What if you don't use eBay/PayPal or are not comfortable sending your £1000+ gadget through the post?

It's just a mess and other companies would be rightfully brought to task on it.