Posts by LasseLammert

Exactly.
    This wasn't a case about accidental tags, he deliberately uploaded other people's profiles (not only mine) as his own to get some internet cookies.
    Should be sorted now and he's gone.
    All good, thanks and goodnight :)

If he is using others work as a template or "inspiration" he needs to state that and leave it there.

yeah, but that's not what happened.
    at least in this case he didn't use it as "a template" but blatantly ripped it (without even changing a single paramenter) and claimed it's his own creation

If I were to guess, KB’s method of profiling somehow involves taking inspiration from existing profiles (maybe somehow even using other profiles as starting templates?). And considering his results, this might be actually be a good strategy? However as has been hinted by other users, there might be a need to define exactly what amount of ‘inspiration’ is ok for the rig exchange.

"inspiration" is not the problem here, Kristofer.
    "his" profile is not "similar" to mine or anything, it IS my actual profile just with changed names, not a single parameter is changed.
    And there are ways to proove that 100% without a shred of a doubt or any excuses left
    One of those ways is the so called null-test, here's how it works:

you record a snippet with both profiles (fixed latency), then you invert the phase on one of the recorded tracks. If the recordings (profiles) are IDENTICAL, and ONLY if they're identical they'll cancel out.
    If they're "similar" or "inspired" they'll get somewhat thinner and phasey sounding.
    but if they null out that means that the source is identical.

So if you do a null test and you get both recordings to cancel out, there's absolutely NO room left for arguing, it prooves beyond any doubt that the profile used was the SAME profile...
    And that's exactly what I did (right now I'm actually uploading the screencap-video of the process to show you).

So please stop making excuses, everyone....there's no point at all for that anymore, it is not a similar profile and not an accident either, it IS the VERY SAME profile and it's been PROOVEN.

yeah, maybe some of the profiles he uploaded are really his, but that doesn't change the fact that some aren't and that he's still lying about that

EDIT:
    K, here's the video...what you see is 1 track recorded with my profile (upper track), and one with "his" profile (lower track).
    They're both playing at the same time and every now and then I switch the phase on one of the tracks (whenever that little ø turns orange it means the phase is switched)...
    as you can hear is nulls out, effectively prooving that those two profiles are not similar but indeed the SAME profile

boeSWrSq1u8

No, it's not only this one, I've found at least two of my profiles among "his" already.
    And at this point there's no doubt anymore, it's been proven that it actually IS the same profile, and changing author and tags CANNOT happen by accident (besides the fact that IF that would have been the case, he wouldn't have claimed that he created it and even mentioned his chain).
    There's absolutely no point anymore in making excuses, trying to do so just makes it more embarrassing.
    If he would have come clean and apologized I wouldn't even have dragged it out like this, I just think it's absolutely pathetic to steal something and then keep insisting on hilarious claims even after having been caught.

Time to end this charade

Well, he already delivered an "explanation" for that...he "just liked the settings" :)
    That also wouldn't explain the fact that IT IS THE SAME PROFILE (besides all the other things)!!
    It's really getting silly...

yeah, this is clearly not a case of an accidentally uploaded tweaked rig or anything (I wouldn't have said anything then).

But in this case he went out of his way to claim other people's work as his own:

- It's not that easy to change the author and location of a profile, in this case he changed all the tags (author, amps, location, speaker and mic), something that has to be done on purpose and doesn't just happen by tweaking a rig (although he didn't even tweak the rig and was stupid enough to even use the same name for the profile.)

- When confronted he clearly said that he's the creator of the profiles and even told us about the chain he used (again...lol;) )

So yeah..tweaking someone else's rig and uploading it or deliberately changing all the tags and uploading another persons unaltered profile, then lie about it..two diferent things.

Here are some of my gear I have used when I made my profiles. In one of these pictures you can see my Mark IV pedal inside.

http://s36.photobucket.com/use…jpg1_zps8066a2a8.jpg.html

Dude, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?
    you've been busted, what do pics of a few pedals say, other than that you obviously have a habit of using other people's names for your own work just as much as using other people's work for your own name...?
    Nice "Mesa" and "Soldano" gear...

I bet you're driving a Ferrari as well?
    [Blocked Image: http://cdn.carswatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/5/Fake-Ferrari620x433.jpg]

Don't you think it's time to just come clean?

THIS!

No need to go back to 2.5 because of (unwanted) sound change.
    If you don't want the compensation in the old rigs just click the button.

*sigh*-...

Well, that button only affects older profiles which were profiled with older firmware...but noone is complaining about that, cause...well, as people keep repeating, you can switch it off.
    so that point is settled and doesn't need any further discussion...it actually never needed any at all, cause noone was complaining about that.

The "problem" that some people encountered (myself included) is NOT how older profiles sound now, but how profiles CREATED WITH 2.6 don't sound satisfying (to some of us), and you cannot switch that off/go back to the old profiling process (without downgrading to 2.5 I mean).

yeah, good to know he didn't rip those profiles (at least not from you).

I can confirm that "his" profiles that are labelled like mine are indeed mine though...
    I mean....not that it needs any more proof after his lolsome explanation (look it up a few pages earlier in the thread if you missed it, it's hilarious "I built a distortion pedal and I built a speaker sim, created a profile from that, which happens to sound exactly like yours and then by pure coincidence I named it just like your profile)...lol:=

but since he's still denying it I can of course give some more proof as well...don't want anyone to think that I'm falsly accusing anyone.

-----------------------

See, when I created my rig pack I forgot to delete unused distortion, EQ and delay inserts from the slots, instead they were still in there, but inactive (they weren't meant to be used with the profile, they just stayed in there by accident).

So here's how my profile looks with the inserts inactive:

[Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/LLProfile.JPG]

and surprise surprise...by pure coincidence (a lot of coincidences already) the KB one has the same slots inactive, here's how "his" profile looks:

[Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/KBProfile.JPG]

But well, benefit of the doubt etc, so let's go in deeper and check the settings of the inactive slots in my profile and compare them with the settings of the same slots in "his" profile:

Distortion:

Mine:
    [Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/LLDist.JPG]
    His:
    [Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/KBDist.JPG]

EQ:
    Mine:
    [Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/LLEQ.JPG]
    His:
    [Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/KBEQ.JPG]

Delay:
    Mine:
    [Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/LLDelay.JPG]
    His:
    [Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/StealingLiar/KBDelay.JPG]

Not that it really needed any more evidence after that ridiculous explanation that guy came up with, but there you have it.

KB/DrBertson: do you still wanna deny that you ripped my profiles, edited the tags and then uploaded them as your own?

They indeed don´t.
    I also took the liberty of making a double-track out of this. Lasses track on the left, KBs on the right (and added a high/low pass filter). To me this doesn´t sound like 2 different profiles. But what do I know...

https://soundcloud.com/hannes-cdty/ll-kb-double

also big one up to lasse for that sick profile. Sounds like heaven.

Oh, don't thank me, thank KB....
    he made it with his pedal and cab sim, I just travelled to the future a year ago and ripped it from him ;)

it works much better in a full mix setting though

Are you my judge?
    How long should you keep nagging about this?
    Now it is getting very tedious.

friendly advice:

you're probably some young kid that wanted some attention on the internet, so you claimed ownership for other people's work..it worked well and felt great for a few days (understandable, everyone likes hearing "you rock").
    But usually it doesn't take long until someone sees through it...
    to a degree it's even understandable that you filled 2 pages with "I swear on the bible" and "how can you accuse me" that's the default reaction for a lot of people who get caught (although it's maybe not the smartest move)...
    Coming up with that really ridiculous explanation was pushing it though, but that also was what gave away that you're probably some small kid (and I don't mean that in a negative way, I used to be a small kid myself...although I had a bit better judgment I think).

So you gave extremely shady explanations and when people call you out on that you get all definsive and be like "let it go already"....

DUDE, YOU GOT BUSTED, just admit it and learn from it (and you should probably delete all the profiles form RigExchange that aren't really yours as well).

Never heard of a pedal that sounds like a SLO100 :D

oh, this one does not only sound like a SLO, it can also sound like any other amp in the world, you'll just have to tweak a few resistors.
    It really gives the KPA a run for its money when it comes to amp modelling. It's awesome!
    The speaker sim he built is equally versatile and amazing sounding btw!

EDIT: haha,I just read the first 7 pages of this thread, it's hilarious ;)
    one contradiction after the other, I think some people (djemass) smelled that something was fishy right away.

EDIT2: and pages 9 and 10 were like this
    is3sPHDxTpQ
    ;)

Oh wow. I thought the liquid leads and juicy chunks profiles from KB were just very slightly tweaked versions of lasses profiles anyway because they pretty much sound completely alike.

no, you're wrong, he created them himself with his pedal and cab sim!
    don't you dare accusing him of anything else, or he'll never post here again...or maybe even hold his breath until you apologise!

So you tweaked your "MKIV pedal" to sound exactly like a 4k$ Soldano tube head, then you ran it through "your cab sim" that sounds exactly like a Mesa miked with a 57.
    Then the result of the entire chain happens to sound exactly like my profiles (albeit slightly tweaked) and on top of that you thought of a name and by pure coincidence picked the same names I came up with as well...And not only once but at least twice.
    yeah, that's a reasonable explanation, must be my mistake then.

You should mass-build and sell that pedal and cab sim, mate.
    :whistling:

The profiles that i loved before sound to my ears now even better. So lets say i was happy with 2.5 but im 2.6 was "wow" and i only like profiles that i dont have to tweak.
    im talking about studio use mainly, but also more about highgain.

I agree that the bass issue on older profiles is fixed.
    but that wasn't my point, my problem was the profiling process with 2.6, not how older profiles sound now.

But the Kemper guys are awesome and I'm sure they're working on this and the official release will blow all previous versions out of the water again ;)

Why do you think that I have steel the profiles? I haven't honestly!
    I have made them myself, using my home made Mark IV pedal.

All of the profiles I have uploaded, I have made myself!
    I think it's bullshit that say what you did.
    Why you did that, could it be that perhaps I have done some better profiles?

So stop saying that I have stolen them!

are you KB?

if you have made them yourself with your "MKIV Pedal", why are they labeled exactly like my profiles (Liquid Leads, Juicy Chunks), and why does it say it's a Soldano amp and Mesa 4x12 (just like mine)???
    What cab did you use then?

and stop playing the victim, I took screenshots before they were taken down:

[Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/KB1.png]

[Blocked Image: http://lasselammert.com/sonstiges/KB2.png]