Posts by Jemjulio

Sorry to let this go, but I'm not giving it the use it deserves.

Located in Tenerife.

Kemper profiling unpowered rack still has screen protector.

Remote comes with Thomann bag.

Unpowered Kabinet

Many commercial profiles ( Britt, Bert, Wagener, etc)

Also available are:

- Mission EP1-KP

- ISP Stealth poweramp

- 6U Gator Rack ( wheels and extendable handle)

- Kemper Kone

Open to offers. Pricing dependant on items purchased. ( I hope this is ok per forum rules)

Looking for local pick up if possible.

DM for pics or more info.

Peace.

I suppose you could make a "direct" IR of the the 2 modes in the kemper and put them in your stomp. Mode 1 would be kemper kone button on, so full range mode and just use either another IR or cab in the stomp or even maybe some dramatic eq settings in the output of the stomp.

Mode 2 would be kone on and imprint on and use that IR by itself.

This sounds interesting... I think.... But I dont think I fully understand what it means! :D

Excuse my ignorance. :saint:

How would you make these IR's?

"Dramatic EQ settings " Is about as far as I understand :)

Peace

Your suggestion of a global EQ would need to be in the Helix ( unless you did some strange routing through the KPA).

Obviously that is what I meant. :)

I was asking here, as it was possible they could know what EQ on another gadget would compensate the "special characteristics" of the Kone.

I haven't messed with setting up an eq to compensate for the difference, but I can't imagine it would be hard to find a setting that would make someone happy with the sound of it that way.

Thanks for that. :thumbup:

I wasnt displeased when I hooked it up to the Stomp. I only realised it was "muffled" when I plugged the stomp back into something else ( Studio monitors I think)

Please move if in wrong section/subforum.

First I want to say I'm quite happy with the Kabinet.

However it would be great to be able to also use it with other modelers. In my case the HX Stomp.

The general consensus is that it will sound as if it has blankets over it ( Undecided whether its 2 or 3 :D)

What I'm thinking is that , maybe, with some EQ tinkering , this could be resolved. I understand its based on the Celestion F12-X200, so maybe its possible to have it sound similar? Maybe I'm talking rubbish. But it seems very limiting.... Im thinking it cant hurt Kemper to have their Kab used in other situations.... Imagine you have the profiler and a Kab at a gig, but take the Helix as a backup.

Or you need to sell the Profiler. You would have to sell the Kabinet as well. And selling/ shipping a cab of any kind can be hard.

A global EQ maybe to adapt the Helix to the Kabinet?

Maybe someone has both the Kone and the X-200 plus another modeler to do some testing?

I might be ramblin.....:)

Peace

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. It's frustrating and scary.

I suffer from tendinitis in the forearm ( lateral epicondylitis) in both arms. The left from guitar and the right from doing hi-hat when learning drums. Main concern is the left , fretting arm, particularly as guitar playing is my only source of income ( at least up to the lockdown).

I had a very painful episode a few months back and I had to stop completely. Right now I'm feeling better. I find the following to help:

• Warming up. I never used to warm up and I believe thats whats got me here. I'm still guilty of not doing it enough, but what you dont want is to jump right in to a fast Satriani legato lick for 30 minutes straight. Not good.
    • T.E.N.S. While I watch TV I use one of these electrical stimulation systems with 2 pads on the area. It seems to help.
    • Practise smarter. I try not to practise for long periods without breaks. I stop when I start feeling it bother me. Also not focus too much on playing fast all the time.

I hope you get better buddy. Hang in there.

Ok, got it.

But I can see why it wouldnt be a popular choice. Performances usually translate to one or several songs. We would have the Super Solo sound in slot 1 of the following perf. where there should be our clean sound, which is now in slot 2. :)

You now who is at fault, right? Mike Oldfield. 8)

Understood, but it would be good to have the option. I'll explain further: I'm doing a few shows playing Tubular Bells. That requires a lot of guitar sounds. I've programmed the whole show into 7 performances but now find I need to make a new rig for a section in the middle of the show. I want to insert that rig but not overwrite any of the other performance slots, just move them all one place later in the overall group of performances.

Not sure I'm understanding this...

You want an 8th performance, but it needs to be , lets say, between current perf. 3 and 4?

Or there is one rig that needs to go in the middle of performance 3 or 4 , while it shifts all other rigs down the line? So rig 5 in performance 4 becomes rig 1 in perfomance 5?

Sorry if I'm being dumb.... Just trying to understand....

And by all means I am NOT a Rig Manager fanboy. IMHO its probably the Kemper aspect that needs most improvement. I find it doing weird stuff all the time....