Posts by Jemjulio

The bigger Dimension (not the JR) is on my "try next" list with V-picks as I believe it is the same size and shape as the Snake and Jalapeño, my two favorite v-picks;

Have you tried the Diamond? I think its similar to the Dimension in size. Hence I ended up favouring the Dimension Jr.

In my opinion they do! The grip is excellent and seems to be the same material as the V-picks.

The bigger Dimension (not the JR) is on my "try next" list with V-picks as I believe it is the same size and shape as the Snake and Jalapeño, my two favorite v-picks; the (Snake in any situation where the extra chirpiness isn't too much for the song and I want the huge sound it produces ) In any case, my Snake and Jalapeño irrespective of the v-picks listed specs are the same size and shape as this Gravity Striker. I have the STANDARD size of the Striker, which is the second biggest. So my guess is if you are coming from the Dimension Jr, you'll want to get the size just smaller than that which is the Big Mini, not to be confused with the Mini, which is the smallest of the four. All the gravity picks, regardless of shape and thickness come in four dimensions of sizes: mini, big mini, standard, and XL.

I have a non-holed 1.5 and an holed 2.0 Striker which has 7 or so super tiny holes in the middle of the pick. In my opinion the holed 2.0 version isn't any more or less grippier than the 2.0. So next time, I order a 2.0 I'll get the plain non-holed version.

Great! Thanks so much for the info. Must try them, then.

Lets see who ships to the Canary Islands...

I’m really digging Gravity Strikers. 1.5 and 2.0, acrylic. . I preciously tried and used a ton of V-picks, favorite is the Jalapeño, which I used most of the time for the past year.. That was the least chirpy of the v-picks and a good balance of everything else, and this gravity is even better, best acrylic I’ve played. I found that symmetrical picks just feel right, despite using a standard shaped picked for the prior two decades. Added benefit to symmetrical is you get three times the wear since all three edges and sides are the same, and you never have to spin the pick to get the right edge. The size is just right for me. Not to big hit too small. I can’t bring myself to try the $25 dollar version of this pick, for something that easy to lose.

As a long time V-Pick user ( Diamond and Dimension Jr , both 4mm) am interested in this. I havent tried any Gravity picks, but have tried several other "thick" ones and they just dont feel the same. Do these Strikers have the same "feel" as the V-Pick material?

Thanks!

wouldn’t this mean that it would sound fine tho if you used a helix etc without a cab ir? I mean if it’s basically gfr anyway?I

I did some testing with another profile on the Hx and it seems the "gurus" are correct. :)

With the cab engaged the sound does get muffled.

Not sure if 3 blankets though.. Maybe 2?? ^^

On the clean profile I was testing it was nice because it kind of warmed it up. taking off the top end.

With the cab off, it sounds shrill. Specially the high gain.

So, I guess with some eq you could make it work with the cab engaged, but as its been said, its not ideal.

I apologize for causing any confusion...:)

No, because the Kone on its own is GFR, not FRFR. The corrective EQ applied using the Profiler's DSP when the Kone setting is ON takes it closer to FRFR specs and without it it is just a slightly more broadband guitar speaker.

I see...

I might be tone deaf then, but it really sounds alright to my ears... ^^

Not Kemper good, but decent good.

Sounds definitely more muffled than expected/than with the corrective EQ (I.e. Kone setting ON).

Isnt sending from the Helix ( with a cab or IR) to the Kabinet ( powered or not) esentially using it as FRFR?

I find it sounds rather nice :)

Just my 2 cents.

It would be interesting to know what experiences users are having using the Kab/Kone with other modellers.

No, because it will sound like a cab with 3 blankets thrown over it.

You can easily try this when you switch off Kemper Kone in the output menu.

Sounds muffled and dull.

Ingolf, do you think this is the case with the unpowered kabinet as well?

Connecting my HX stomp to the ISP Stealth Power amp and to the Kabinet does not give me this impression at all.

Just hook up a solid state amp to it via TS cables - simple conversion.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/powerstage-170

But why would someone want to covert non-powered to powered? If they already have the original Kabinet then chances are they have the powered profiler.

Not if you buy a Profiler before the powered one is available and buy a Kabinet before the powered one is available.

In this case the early bird doesnt get the worm.....

I wonder if this is already being considered by kemper...

I guess it would just be the back board with the relevant back plates etc and the power amp attached to it.

Unscrew old rear board. Disconnect speaker from old back plate. Attach new connections to speaker. Screw on new board.

Should be very simple, yes?

We have the Kabinet. We have the Kone. We don't have the money for a new powered one. ;)