Posts by prickstein

Hi guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to have the Kemper switch channels on a real amp like you can with Helix, Axe Fx etc?

I want to try combining my Kemper Stage with my Friedman JJ jr in 4 cable mode, mainly for effects but occasionally switch to an amp profile instead of the JJ preamp.

Do any of the inputs/outputs offer this feature or would I need to use a midi controlled amp switcher like the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo?

Thank you,

Rick

Same issue here. Just got a Kemper Stage last week off a fresh shipment that just hit Australia. I will contact my local distributor but can't be without a unit at the moment with upcoming shows. I'll also keep an eye open here in case a firmware update fixes things.

Thanks for your efforts Arskalam.
    I ended up converting the sessions to 44.1 and using the SPDIF after wasting way too much time and potential money.
    The goal was to use the Kemper as a reamp interface to real amps and speakers. We had already mixed and mastered the album using the Kemper exclusively for the guitars but the band were not happy with the results compared to my work with them on previous releases using their real amps and speakers.
    Thankfully they know me and my work well enough to give me a second go without damage to my reputation.
    I've just re-tracked one of the guitars and compared it to the Kemper direct version, there is no comparison really.
    The Kemper was a great solution when I was doing fly dates every weekend but I'm going back to real amps in the studio for "wall of sound" metal. The Kemper may still have a place as a preamp through real tubes, speakers and microphones yet. I'll know later tonight when I give it a go on some overdubs.
    The Fryette Power Station is my new best friend.

Yep, you got it. Arming a return track in Pro Tools and recording results in nothing because the signal isn't getting to the Kemper via the return input. All other input options work using the same output of the interface (I've tried several, they all work) but the Kemper won't accept signal at the return input when switched to input source return input. M Audio Profire 2626 is the interface.

Outputs from Pro Tools are working, this is confirmed by unplugging the lead from the return input and plugging in to the other inputs with less than desirable results as I said. The spdif works too but with digital aliasing from sample rate mismatch. All Input sources work except the return input when selected at the input source in the input parameters. The input physically works as evidenced by using it as a loop with just a patch cable.

Yes, you understand correctly and I thank you for your reply.
    I have set up exactly as in the tutorial but am getting no signal when set to Return Input reamp.
    I have tried all the alternative inputs and they work, though not ideally. The sample rate of the Kemper can't be changed so the SPDIF is useless in this case as this session has been recorded at 48k and leaves a nasty digital artefact.
    The alternative and front inputs also work but at the wrong level. I tried turning down the output of the track being sent to accommodate but there is a tonal difference.

As mentioned, I tested the physical input by creating and fx loop using an effect module and it works fine, even cuts out when I disconnect the cable leading me to believe it is a software issue.
    I just updated to the latest software version but still no joy.

Hi all,

I'm currently pulling what's left of my hair out trying to get the Return Input Reamp source working.

The cable feeding it from my DAW works when I pull it out and plug into the front panel and switching to front input as the source but nothing when using Input source Return Input Reamp.
    As a troubleshooting method, I have checked that the return input works by connecting a patch cable from the send to the return and activating an fx loop, which seems to work fine.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rick

Hi all,

Due to a mix up caused by the recent German postal service strike, I have taken delivery of 2 Camplifier 290's in Australia and am selling one on Ritter Amplification's behalf to an Australian buyer minus the shipping cost and usual wait time.

The 240v unit was ordered with the optional volume knob, Y power cable and Australian plug adaptor which comes to 488,99 EUR, without the usual 42 EUR shipping charge or delivery time.

Please send me a private message here on the forum if interested.

Thank you,

Rick

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share with you the outstanding customer service experience I had dealing with Tilman at Ritter Amplification regarding the delivery of my Camplifier 290.

I bought a Camplifier 290 online from Ritter a few months ago and waited about 6 weeks before contacting Tilman as my unit had not shown up in Australia yet. He informed me that orders to Australia usually take 2-3 weeks and that my unit must have got lost in transit.

Rather than give me the run around and getting me to chase up postal services and insurances, he took it on himself to send me another unit at his own expense in good faith that if the original unit turned up, i would contact him and work out what to do with it from there.

It turned out that due to a postal service strike in Germany, the original unit had been sent via sea mail and it turned up on the same day as the replacement unit so I have 2 units now, one of which I will be offering for sale in another thread on the forum here to an Australian buyer and passing the money on to Tilman.

Thank you very much for your service Tilman, that kind of thing is unheard of in my country and I thought it only fair to let the people on the forum here know that their custom is safe in your hands.

Cheers,

Rick Hollis

I hold hope that we will be able to run stereo guitar cabs on stage whilst sending the full range stereo signal to FOH soon. I apologise if there already is a way to do this, please enlighten me if there is.