Posts by caveman1

I own a ultra/II and the kemper lunch box (non powered)
    The kemper IMO beats both the former hands down tone wise.
    Another thing not mentioned is not only is it quieter (hum/hiss distortion wise) ...there is no fan!
    Might not sound like much but it makes a huge difference in a studio enviroment.

You can profile your old patches (which is what I did) and the front EQ controls are very musical.
    There is not one advanced parameter I miss in any shape or form.....

Profiles are done! Going to do a pack tonight/tomorrow with some special treats! A metal pack of sorts lol
    All I have to do is edit all the tags .....grrrr lol!!!
    Some of the presets were hard to get 100% because of a compressor & multi band compressor in the chain which did add to a "thickness" to the sound....also the gain levels on the lead patches were pretty insane and being a rather noisy unit (lol) it was hard to profile with the gate off.(I would have to leave off drives and add in later)

I have to try it then.

Altough i have to say i never really bonded with axe fx profiles,not that they sound bad(and i would love to have an axe for the effects part)but to me it always sounds a bit processed.As with the Kemper you get this rawness in the sound i much appreciate.

Yet im going to give a try on this profile.

I agree! Like I said earlier in the thread though ...the profile ended up sounding very little like the patch , it became its own beast

I see, I was reading my RME manual and it has some AutoSync thing that takes care of that apparently

I'm guessing sending the SPDIF out to the kemper it should be set to 'professional'?
    I only did re amping before with my M-Audio FTpro

glad you like it, I have absolutely no idea what happened to the first one I put up I must not have stored the changed and when I checked it again it was clipping like crazy

Hey guys

Did a bunch of profiles with the JVM 410 this weekend using the emulated line out
    Some of the clean/crunch ones are IMO fantastic (green or orange on clean/crunch channel)
    The sound great bridge & middle and solo neck pickups

The heavier ones are not so good (to bad!) but some are ok for lead (with reverb/delay)

the B_M_T_G refers to the bass,mid,treble and gain settings
    The ones without settings were the stock settings I used to use on the JVM (much different from with a cab)

29 profiles.
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1959036369/JVM%20pack.rar

I tried that profile I did the other day and it clipped like hell so I'm not sure what happened....I reuploaded a patch minus clipping and with a -12 and +12 shift ...anyway try it out

If anything, the biggest problem I have with Kemper is not being able to slave it to SPDIF clock in straightforward way, which I'd expect from professional grade equipment..

What did you mean by this because I have heard this being mentioned before with ther equipment as well?
    When I use SPDIF into my RME I just set it to clock source - co-ax ....for output it has consumer/professional.....which is the one to select?

I find the sorting is pretty easy once you get used to the options.
    When I import new profiles I always add the ones I like to fav and delete the rest

Another good option is to load up performance mode with particular favorite profiles, makes it very easy to navigate.

The thing is with using it as an interface I'm sure you would have to run your monitors out of the kemper etc.....I did that with another device and it was a PITA , especially sorting out the main mix/vs device mix

Just a tip for organisation....I use the kemper renamer to put a prefix on some of my profiles (B for bass , L for lead etc) this helps with organising

I really love your profiles but one thing I notice is some sound a little "out of phase" (to my ears at least)
    I saw on the youtube video that you use a mixer with a few mics, do you use the reverse phase/invert switch at all? (assuming the mixer has one)

thanks for sharing, your profiles are some of my favorite!