Posts by SpiritSeeker

I hear ya man and completely agree with your need for that thump in your face sound.

Let me first say I don't play metal, Never got the whole screaming metal vibe. I do play blues, country, jazz, and rock. I also play classical/flamenco, but that is for another discussion.

I have tried a number of FR and FRFR solutions including the Matrix and CLR offerings but finally moved to a traditional cab with a tube amp. I could not get the sound from FR and FRFR speakers that I grew up on.

Long story short, I finally decided to run the KPA into a Fryette 2/50/2 with a Port City 2x12 sporting two Jensen Blackbird speakers. The PC 2x12 sounds as full as a 4x12 due to it's ported design. The KPA has the Cabs disabled, and the sound I get rivals any traditional amp/cab combo I have tried.

For me, my style of playing and the feel I want, this has been a complete revelation. :)
    Good luck.

BTW, I also have a small Suhr Corso 5 watt amp with a Port City 1x12 that sounds great with the KPA and does't take prisoners.
    Great for the studio/house.

Just a thought,

Eleven Rack has a computer interface/rig editor.
    Axe FX II has a computer interface/rig editor.
    Line 6 POD HD has a computer interface/rig editor.

Kemper? - NOT!
    This is the only major gripe I have with the KPA.

Is it the tuner window with message "volume pedal at zero?"
    Or the regular one?

If I turn mute option off, it works fine. WIth mute option on, it intermittently switches to tuner mode and sound goes off. Can't play live without having the mute option on unless I hook up a tuner pedal. Just annoying.

My unit is switching to tune mode intermittently;

Expression Pedal Inputs are set to off, I don't have an expression pedal.
    Does this with mute option on or off.

Dear Kemper,

Ignoring the folks here who legitimately are requesting a response regarding this issue, especially those who are live performers is quite disheartening. It is far better to address issues head on when they arise. A simple statement indicating that the problem has been identified, it is being addressed and we anticipate a solution in short order is a great start.

Please, please, please, step up to the plate and let us know what is happening.
    Life is far to short to have to deal with the unknown. There are other alternatives on the market and I am beginning to believe that being dedicated to one manufacturer's gear is not the best way to go. Having a secondary solution in case of a failure is becoming a necessity, be it a traditional amp or an Axe FX II.

Very disappointed that Kemper had not addressed this issue.

As if dealing with the clipping issues wasn't hard enough, now dealing with my buddies who were raving about the sound from their Axe FX II units and the latestVersion 11b Firmware (Which in all honesty sound absolutely stellar) but now this. So for the immediate future, I have decided that it's time for the KPA to temporarily retire.

Come on Kemper, step up to the plate and tell us what is going on.

My second KPA is only 1-2 weeks old and I am hearing the same thing. I have also been having an issue where the KPA switches to TUNER mode in the middle of playing. The noise occurs with both my Strat and Tele. My Clean & Distortion Sens are set to 0 I believe.

In my case, I use several high quality LAVA Cables, the noise does not occur playing direct to my PA or Amp, so it's not my guitars or cables.

Frustrating to say the least, I think this unit is going back on an RMA.

I also believe that there needs to be an editor/control software via USB. The other players have it, Kemper should set this as a high priority and get programming. A device fo such incredible quality needs computer editor/control capabilities.

Ha!
    Seriously, many are keeping their backline wall just for the show... But they are muted :D

Rush sets uwashing machines as a back line. I think it was as joke to highlight that many bands had walls of fake (empty) cabinets used to sponsor the brand only. There have been other various versions of the story cited on the web, but I remember when it first happened and Geddy was interviewed.

Spiriseeker,

I am curious why you edited your first post twice and deleted the Matrix part. If I recall correctly, I might be wrong though, you were not that positive about the Matrix solution in your first post altough the header is still mentioning the Matrix solution. Now it is a permanent resident of your studio. Please help me understand your opinion changes and for me somehow surprisingly outcome.

Thanks

In hindsight, and after much more time spent, I felt I was being a bit too critical and didn't want to inadvertently give the wrong idea. Sometimes I think we all jump too fast. Fortunately, I was able to fine tune my thoughts.

Thanks