Suddenly in tuner mode?????

• It happened to me twice in my first days with the kemper (around 15th July with the current firmware).
    Then unchecked the mute signal box in the Tuner screen. Never happened again, and I use it almost 3 hours a day.

From what I can remember it happened while I was browsing rigs.

• Happened to me while in browse mode, and I didn't have my MIDI footswitch turned on at the time. It just went mute and into tuner mode, showing "Pedal Volume 0" or something. The only way to get the output back without restarting the KPA was pressing the "Turn volume up" (or something like that) soft button that appears in the tuner screen when this happens.

• Heya , i've recieved my new kemper ,

This issue happened to me too on my first day, sound disappeared while browsing amps on Browse mode. Output led had very low lit while playing but didn't heard anything in my monitors. Trying to uncheck "Mute" box in tuner mode but didnt fixed anything. Had to reboot my unit and it fixed.

I checked system Options , ext pedals were both Off. No midi controler plugged.

I'll try to uncheck mute box in tuner mode before it happen again to see if it fix this..

Would be cool to fix this fast, this issue scare me a lot about using my kemper on stage

(Sorry for my bad english ^^ )

• Leave the mute box unchecked at all times.

Hmm, kind of useless if that is what we have to do. Guitar needs to be muted when onstage and tuning.
    Mind did the same thing without a pedal and without browsing. It just went silent in the middle of a song.

• It has just happened to me . No problems for quite some time. Same as everyone else , no pedals ,nothing else connected, no sound . I've been trying a lot of rigs lately from the exchange. Maybe a corrupt rig?

• Same issue here:

- no pedals connected

- browsing rigs

- fast message indicating that the volume pedal is at zero and then tuner menu and no more sound.

Regards ;(

• I have KEMPER from december 2012 and never experienced this sudden switch from rigs to tuner mode .. but today.. first time it has happened also to me while browsing through rigs.. ufuf.. no sound, nothing but tuner mode.. :(

• Very disappointed that Kemper had not addressed this issue.

As if dealing with the clipping issues wasn't hard enough, now dealing with my buddies who were raving about the sound from their Axe FX II units and the latestVersion 11b Firmware (Which in all honesty sound absolutely stellar) but now this. So for the immediate future, I have decided that it's time for the KPA to temporarily retire.

Come on Kemper, step up to the plate and tell us what is going on.

• I don't usually feel the urge to post although I read this forum often. I am nervous as hell about tonight's gig. I experienced the issue (only once) last week, but Murphy's law..... I would really like to know where we are at. I am still tossing up leaving toaster at home and using tried and true. Who would have thought valves to be the reliable route? I love the Kemper, but it has to work live.

• Bump.

Agree this is a threat to using the KPA live and could result in embarassing issues. It's strange that no KPA staff can drop a line in here.
    Maybe the only solution for now is to downgrade the firmware to a version that does not have the 'volume pedal zero-tuner mode' functionality.

• Dear Kemper,

Ignoring the folks here who legitimately are requesting a response regarding this issue, especially those who are live performers is quite disheartening. It is far better to address issues head on when they arise. A simple statement indicating that the problem has been identified, it is being addressed and we anticipate a solution in short order is a great start.

Please, please, please, step up to the plate and let us know what is happening.
    Life is far to short to have to deal with the unknown. There are other alternatives on the market and I am beginning to believe that being dedicated to one manufacturer's gear is not the best way to go. Having a secondary solution in case of a failure is becoming a necessity, be it a traditional amp or an Axe FX II.

• Here is the state:

1. None of us could reproduce this behaviour. We have no additional support request about this topic, no report from beta testers.

2. We have applied maintainance changes to the code for expression pedals. It is expected, that this changes will cure the problem.

3. In this thread have asked for setting the expression pedal inputs to "Off", and see if this problem still occurs. Two or three of you have confirmed, that the problem have solved by this.
    I falsely assumed that every one of you have read the full thread. So let me repeat: Set the expression pedal inputs to "Off", if you don't have pedals connected to the rear.
    On the other hand no one reports to have problems with a pedal connected.

4. Unsetting the mute option in the Tuner will not have an influence. That is a different domain.

CK