Posts by HCarlH

Really good band! Looking at the size of the crowd, you'd think it was really AC/DC on stage.

IMO, profiles from TAF and MBritt are both equally good. It's like choosing between Texas BBQ and North Carolina BBQ (or between your Stratocaster and Les Paul)....both are fantastic. I own profiles from both and continue to use ALL of them.

I have been told the Main and Monitor Out signal is the same as what comes out of the headphone jack, however the headphone jack always sounds warmer to me when I hook up my Carvin EM900 system. It must have something to do with the impedance value of the headphone jack(?).

The regular output does sound brittle to me as well when used for IEM purposes (not to FOH).

I don't have problems with the presence so much, but there definitely need to be more points in the "meat" of the guitar tone between 150Hz and 3K.

I don't often use the output EQ since I'm always listening through my CLRs or IEMs, but the amp tonestack works similarly (I realize it's not exact) and it simply cannot cut problem frequencies without removing good ones.

My QSCK10s a are a perfect example where output EQ would be excellent to fix the midrange but you can't because the Q is too wide. If you boost what needs boosting, you can't also cut what needs cutting from the previous boost.

I suggested a PEQ for the Monitor Out in the Feature Request section for this very reason.

It sounds better than a 70s Peavey Pacer amp, but I still haven't heard anything on it that's better than the Eleven Rack which is less expensive. That ISP Theta sounds better from what I've heard of it.
    I still have my POD 2.3 and use a G50 wireless which is fantastic, but the Helix hasn't done much to impress me yet.

This is a good idea :) but if you hit the looper button by accident wouldn't you still hit this button by accident also which would take you to another patch ;)

True, but it would be a more musical mistake than a loop of something that doesn't make sense playing back at the same volume and the same time as what you are currently playing. :)

like what?

Maybe something like a favorite button that will take you immediately to either:

1) A favorite rig in Browser mode (maybe a clean patch or anything else you use a lot)
    and/or
    2) A favorite rig in Performance mode which is easy to get to without having to bank up/down to a Performance then select which rig within that Performance. It would be one button to select rather than having to do 2 things. It would take you to one particular rig in one particular Performance regardless of where the Remote is currently.

I give the edge to the Kemper for amp realism.

I was set on buying the AXE 2 until I heard the Kemper and switched for this very reason. I listened to the recent clip of the latest firmware (19) on the AXE and it reminded me of early 80s tones like from Ratt and Motley Crue. Brittle sounding, modified Marshall amps with not much body in the tone. I can see why the metal guys like it. That's exactly why it's not for me.

Everything was going fine until I accidentally accessed the looper. I inadvertently recorded my solo during a cover song and somehow started the loop playback. I had never messed with that feature before so I didn't know how to turn it off. :P

That was really good.....April Wine and Hot for Teacher!

Yes, it's a pain about the looper. Please add your vote to have the looper turned off in the firmware at the link below.

A way to disable looper function

I just saw Shania Twain Wednesday night. I had read her guitarists (well, at least one of them, Cory Churko.) used the KPA. I saw 3 of them in a rack before the show started. They are about 6 feet to the right of the lighted stair way near the bottom right of the video (in full screen mode). You can see them about the last 8 seconds of the video. They sounded good, of course. I can't imagine he would have all 3.

The opening act (Gavin Degraw) had a guitarist with a Marshall 1/2 stack on stage and it didn't sound as good as the KPA. (it was actually kinda honky sounding).

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They were the first commercial profiles I purchased upon recommendation from TieDyedDevil. I'm especially in awe of the 57 Deluxe previously mentioned. I'm all about the best clean to over driven tones. They are a bit hard to find compared to a million, uber gain profiles. The Deluxe is great for my basic clean tone and the Carlton-esque sounds. I keep coming back to it time after time. I also like the Diezel VH4. You can read my comments on Soundside's User Comment page.

It seems modelers are always updating algorithms to get closer and closer to the amp they're trying to emulate. The KPA creates a copy of the amp (more or less) although at one setting.
    You're pretty much there. The only thing I could see getting updated is a way to take one profile and it sounds authentic for all gain levels. (If you take a clean or slightly over driven profile then increase the Gain knob, it sounds fake the more it increases). This is why I'd rather take a higher gain profile and reduce the gain (using either the Gain knob or reducing guitar volume). It sounds more natural to me.

Also I'd like a redesign of the case/buttons, because I don't really care for the look of the product. That's one of the reasons why I decided to try out an Axe-FX, because I think that is a well designed looking product. The Kemper looks more toyish and lesser quality in terms of looks compared to the Axe-FX. Kemper should get outside help in designing their 2nd version whenever that gets released.

I burst out laughing so hard at this. Sorry, but the AXE-FX looks like something out of the mid 80s....like this 1987 FM synth.

[Blocked Image: http://vst-store.com/images/product_description/nki/yamaha-tx-81z/yamaha-tx-81z.gif]

If you're into looks over sound, I can't help you there. The Kemper looks great.

I bought what is supposed to be a high quality 15'-20' CAT 5 cable and it didn't work (The display was garbled on the Remote).

Would a CAT 6 cable be better? I believe they are supposed to be faster. I'd rather not keep buying cables to find out.

I have actually re-purposed my old SKB semi-hard case I was using for my FCB1010. It's currently ~$55.
    I used some 2" foam (raggedly cut) to fill in the empty space. The CAT5 cable and expression pedal connector cables fit in the top, zipper pouch.

I have the rear side of the Remote facing up during travel so the contrast knob will be protected by the foam I decided my Pedaltrain Pro board was too big and I can get all my effects from the KPA.

http://www.skbcases.com/music/…tail.php?id=220&c=85&s=75

[Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/IMG_1063_zps2ka3nu2q.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/IMG_1062_zpsqcphysnw.jpg]

Wow. 1st World Problems.

I remember handing over my money almost 40 years ago to buy a Polytone amp and had to wait 8 MONTHS for it to be built before receiving it. I also ordered a BC Rich Mockingbird in 1983 (handmade as they all were back then) and waited many months for it. I was OK with all this and spent my time constructively doing other musical things. Yoga might be a good suggestion for some here. None of this is worth a heart attack.