Posts by mdeeRocks

I don't hate anything about Kemper. I am rather new owner (had it for less than 3 weeks), the biggest inconvenience is that I can't set it to SPDIF slave.

I don't really like when people put random tags in the profiles, makes searching by amp harder :)

Other than that, a PC editor/librarian would be very welcome, but I am pretty sure it's coming. I also think that factory profiles are great (I have Amp Factory pack 1 and it's great too).

regarding real amp vs Kemper feel.

I can give you my first impressions, I've got kemper just last Saturday, so only 2 days to play with.

I run it through my 10 years old Roland nearfield monitors and modern firewire good quality sound interface. Next to it I have a couple of high end valve amps (most of them cost more than Kemper, each of them), my favourite being Cornford Carrera, which is extremely touch sensitive amp (it brings out the best (and the worst in your playing, totally unforgiving)). I play it (the amp) every day so I am well used to how it feels and sounds.
    I used to have a couple of modellers in the past (Tonelab, Line 6), and while I could get some of them sound all right, they never felt anywhere close to proper valve amp, so i ditched them all and never looked back.

it's not an issue with Kemper at all. I'd say (my first impression) it's 95% there which is fantastic achievement. All I can say is I loaded a Carrera profile and it's scary close to what I get from real amp. Am I going to sell my analog gear? Maybe.. :), 3 days ago I'd not even consider it.
    It doesn't exactly sound like standing next to an amp, it sounds more like monitoring a cranked amp through studio monitors, but it's non an issue.

My next step is one of these recommend Yamaha PA speakers.