Posts by Hurricane

Yep,
    ich hab heute das Mail bekommen, dass UPS mit dem Brett unterwegs ist. Ich hoffe, ich krieg das Dingen morgen unter die Füße.
    Ich werde als erstes testen, ob man -wie ich vermute- mit den 4 freiprogrammierbaren Effekt-Presets die Effekte "mehrfach" an-/abschalten kann.
    Im Standard-Forum habe ich dazu viele widersprüchliche Aussagen/Vermutungen gelesen.
    Bin schon heiß wie Frittenfett

Tja das war wohl nix. Die Mehrfachzuordnung eines bestimmten Effektes innerhalb eines Rigs (oder im Performance-Modus innerhalb eines Performance-slots) funktioniert nicht. Sobald man den Effekt zum zweiten Mal zuordnen möchte, wird die erste Zuordnung gelöscht. Schade

@lightbox
    Hast du schon Bugs entdeckt oder läuft alles rund?

Ja es scheint ein Problem zu geben und zwar bei der Zuweisung der Effekte zu den 4 Sections, wenn man das nicht mit dem Treter macht sondern im Rig-Menu mit den "Assign-Soft-Knobs". Die Zuordnung funktioniert nur beim ersten Mal. Bei der zweiten Zuordnung in eine zweite Section wirde der gewählte Effekt ebenfalls der ersten Zuordnung zugeteilt (liest sich kompliziert, einfach mal ausprobieren, dann sieht man den Bug).
    Ist aber schon im Forum kommuniziert und wird sicher beim nächsten Release abgestellt.

Agreed.
    A necessary feature for further releases would be the ability to use the same effect more than once in the four sections. It then would be possible to switch effects off by changing the sections (though it depends on the sequence of switching ;( ). It is not that easy.

BTW: Maybe in the future there will be completely different and isolated OS-Versions (KPA in studio applications vs. KPA in live situations). The gigging musician has different demands than the studio-guitarist.

Maybe you could change to a Midi-controlled setup (with your external stomps). The new OS3.0 allows sending Midi-information on two channels, when changing Effect-sections. (For me this seems too complicated).
    But be sure, besides all this, you will be happy with the remote, it's really nice <3

I'm not particularly familiar on the workflow with the Remote as yet, not having one. For example, I would like to be able to assign a pair of slots A and B on the Kemper for a couple of effects with Stomp I on the Remote and slots C and D on Stomp II. If I step on I, it would call up A and B and if I step on II, I would like it to disable whatever is in slots A and B simultaneously. Can I do this? Or would I have to stomp on I again to disable A&B?

Yes you will be forced to do so. And that's even logical. F.e. if you have a chorus on Section I and a few seconds later want to add delay stored in Section II, you only have to push the Section-II-switch additionally. To switch Chorus off, needs to push Section-I-switch again.

The only alternative to this could be, to store the same rig twice, one with chorus and one with delay. When you now switch between these rigs (or performance-slots) the chorus or the delay is automatically shut off.

I'm just "quarreling" with this issue.
    My looper is "post"-located. When I'm in performance-mode I record a clean/crunch loop . I then push the looper-button again (to change to a different performance-slot) where I got my solo-sound (in the other performance slot). But then the clean loop at once changes the sound to the solo sound.
    When the looper is located "pre" the clean loop can only be recorded with the bare guitar-sound and not with a rig-sound.

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, that's what I also did. I used a 10 meter Cat-5 cable - high grade (as our IT-department declared) fizzeled off the plastic housing of one of the plugs and installed the neutrik plug (was a bit hairy).
    Mechanically it's exactly like the Kemper-cable, so it's ok, but maybe due to the length or the wire's diameter the diode-lights are dimmed (on a daylight-stage it really will be a problem).
    I now ordered a 5 meter Cat-5-cable at Thomann's then will do the same and see if it's the length or the cable-type.
    We gonna see........ :whistling:

But in the documentation is no quality requirement made, so it looks like each Cat-5-type should fit. The Neutrik connector is just only for connecting to the remote (btw: I used the connector). Can you give us the quality-requirements ? or the opportunity to reorder the cable (I need two additionals). Thanx in advance.
    Really great Pedal, solid as a rock.

I prepared a Cat-5 cable with length of exactly 10meters with the Neutrik-plug and connected it to the Remote. All functions are there but the diode-lights are not as bright as with the original cable. It also seems that the not active diodes are also slightly glimming.

Thanks, Paul. Yes, I read the manual addendum and got all the details re: Program Change. It sounds well thought out as always. But in absence of Exp. Pedal CC, the Remote would increase footprint and cable count for me, instead of simplifying things as I'd hoped. I know I'm an exception and I don't expect Kemper to lose any sleep about it, just a missed opportunity as I said. Here's hoping for something in 3.01. :)

Interesting. It's a matter of degrees then. I prefer metal switches that provide some tactile feedback but aren't too loud. I've had a couple of controllers that were completely unusable on account of "click" - the worst offenders being NI's Rig Kontrol 2 and 3. I was hoping Kemper would go with silent actuators like the ones TC used on the Ditto looper - enough "feel" for live use, quiet enough for studio use.

You won't be dissapointed, they're pretty silent. Really great hardware components. And also well crafted. (I always tighten the screws before using a device for the first time). The Remote's switches are really well mounted, only some screwing to the Jacks for the expression pedals was necessary. It's really solid as rock.

Just can't test. But as I remember this is only possible for the first assignment. After assigning the first effect in Block I and then press Assign Block II and a different effect, this second effect is also stored unter Block I.

Assignment with pressing the buttons of the remote is really as easy as described. But my remote usually is far away from the KPA.