Posts by SwAn1

Yes it is the Kenper forum. And I own a Kemper. You want to censor my speech as well now? I am not the one who went out of my way to make wild accusations about a competing product, emphasize those claims when called out on them and then refuse to take a simple way to back them up! Sorry man but will always call this type of nonsense out. I will give you the last word. BTW anytime you are willing to give it a try let me know. If you actually can guess right I will be the first to apologize.

Not talking about FAS. Talking about an offer from our own deadpan. Don't muddy the water - just post a clip and send it to deadpan with the info he requested. I suspect you don't want to prove it as you probably would be one of those who could not tell a difference in the high end fizz you keep on about. Could be wrong but I call BS (again) on your unproven assumptions. But would happily apologize if you were to prove me wrong!

'Cause ATM we're focussing on playability / feel, and any effort by deadpan to match-programme his Axe won't address this.

I certainly am, but as I mentioned, I haven't played an Axe. I can only go by things like the huge difference between, say, the HD 500's response and the Kemper's not only generally speaking, but using profiles made from the HD unit as well. It's like the thing suddenly came to life. Kemper Magic™, I tell you, Kemper Magic™. 8o

Sorry Monkey Man but I call BS on this.Dean_R and you are spouting off and a simple
    way to confirm this is to take deadpan up on his offer (that he volunteered). deadpan offered to make it clear which was which but I suspect that if he did a blind test here very few could tell the difference between a Axe direct, the matched KPA profile and the original clip - both in sound or the feel that you are so busy working on ATM. Besides just because you are that busy to be able to post but not listen to a comparison it doesn't mean all of us are! :)
    Edit - sorry for the edits but this site is just not very iPhone friendly and is a major pain to use!

With apologies to the fanboys on both sides, it really is. I know that cost is a factor that makes it difficult for many but the AX8 pricing makes it a little easier and a route I would go now if I were deciding instead of the full AxeFx. The cool thing I am playing around with at the moment is the ability to play more than one amp at a time (1 in the KPA and up to 2 in the Axe though I believe that the AX8 only has one.) When the KPA gets new effects (and I am sure that it will be) it won't take away from what I already have but just give me different options. Sounds like you may be in a situation to do both but if it is an either / or situation for you and if you like the actual amp options and sounds / feel in the KPA though, I would caution about just giving it up for something else till you first try the other as there is something about the KPA amps that just feel very satisfying to me.

I think the point is that this is a feature request group. If it bothers you that folks repeatedly ask for a feature, DON'T EFFIN' READ IT.

Whining about folks whining is such a strawman IMO.

And I've owned the kemper for about 2 years, during which the entire time I've heard from the rumor mill that "they are working on it" but have yet to read a single reliable/informed posting indicating that they actually are. I'm at the point where I'm probably going to switch over to the AX8 when it comes available because the axefx effects are so much better and if kemper were proactive to publish even approximate dates for features, this type of jumping ship could be avoided.

jzucker - if you need the effects then I would say instead of ditching the KPA add the AX8. I added an Axe Fx about 18 months ago for the effects and now use it for amps as well at times. But I would't get rid of my Kemper as it does what it does very well and I get a lot of enjoyment playing it. Also, the formant shift, transpose effects on the KPA can't be beat by the Axe if you need those.

Andy - I can't login with either of the 2 user names on your site and when I use the password recovery it just comes up with an error and helpfully suggests I try again. Which I do and experience the same results. I used the contact form but have not heard back from you either. What is the best way to contact you as I can't make any purchases right now?