Posts by Michael_dk

Try the free TAF bass back from theampfactory. Lots of variety in that, if I recall correctly. Myself, I use the SVTdrt2 for rock with good results (LTD surveyor 400 bass, with active EMGs. Play on the neck pup which is a sort of P-bass split coil pickup).

Oooh, oooh, I vote for an AU plugin instead! ;) (or is it easy to do both, maybe?)

How is it easier adjusting parameters with a PC Mouse than it is using your fingers and the Kemper knobs & buttons?

"Its going to take months to get the kemper in a truly usable situation for my needs"

Not sure what your needs are but I supply full time pro guitarists with Kempers and they're gigging with the Kemper a few hours after getting it.

I can see a need for it sometimes - I don't have room for the kemper on my desk :)

Anyway, to the OP: get Rig Manager (downloadable from the Kemper main page, under support I think) - that takes care of you most pressing concern, I think :)

Congrats and welcome! :)

I don't know if you can use the same stick with other stuff. It has to be formatted by the Kemper (though my mac can "see" it, I haven't tried putting anything else on it).

I think you'r right about the remote not being able to control other gear. I think maybe the kemper can send midi commands on down the line based on what the remote does, but I don't think it controls other stuff direcetly (without the kemper in between).

Monitor outs to cab: you do have the "powered" version of the kemper, right (I mean with the built in power amp)? Just to be sure... I don't so can't help you :)

Regarding FOH, not much experience there either. Maybe keep it low and turn up gradually during soundcheck until you get thumbs up from the FOH engineer?

Regarding interface (I'm guessing for recording?): Turn up to maybe -10 dB on the interface's meters (or lower). Record at 24 bits. Adjust the other tracks to suit this level :)

Actually, Sam, there's a couple of PRS in 4sound, near the back of the store (to the left of the Fender room) in glass cupboards A hollowbody, and one or two more, I think. They're pretty expensive, though. I saw them when I bought my Baja Tele this weekend :)

db9091, you've just made up my mind for my next guitar! :D Now to start hunting...

Cheese,
    Sam

Check out dba.dk for classifieds. Although at the moment there are not that many (new mostly SE from a "professional" dealer). There are a couple with the narrowfields pickups that many people really dig :) There will be other ones sooner or later. Woodstockguitars have a couple also, but generally it's hard to come by US PRS in Denmark in the stores...

Cool, glad you like it! :)

The biteyness mirrors my experience of the CE-24 I had and sold around new year's. The conventional PRS wisdom is that the tone and volume knobs are there to be used, to get different tones out of the guitars. Yeah, OK, that sounds self-evident. What I mean is that you use them to not just adjust the tone, but to change it. Think of it like a variable pickup selector.

I don't even know if I make sense :)

I think often there is a misconception about 'driving the power tubes hard'.
    When I still had my Marshall 6100 I could use it in 50W (2xEL34) or 100W (4xEL34) mode.
    Cranking this beast in the powersection even in 50W mode was so deafening loud nobody with a sane mind would do this. I could not get real poweramp distortion from it, but in 100W mode its bass response was more stable and stiff (in lack for a better word).
    An AC 15 or 30 which is, to my understanding) running in class A will contribute a good portion of poweramp distortion when cranked (still VERY loud) ;)

Yeah, I get the loudness issue for higher-wattage amps :)

But so many people talk about getting the power amp tubes cookin' in order to get the best tone, hence they go for lower wattage amps, for instance in the studio. But this seems to be a separate issue? Or is the profiler not able to profile ANY amp which is turned up to that point? (and I know that maybe only kemper can answer :-))

Then you should use reamping to learn that :)

you can't rely on mixing to get your tone. And i don't mean "shouldn't"; i do mean CAN'T :)

my answer was in address to what you mentioned about muffled and not big enough. I've just told you something that might remedy that.