New to Kempers and a few quick questions!

• Hey guys. My name's Dominic and I recently got a Kemper, got a few questions which are probably easy to answer so I'll keep them in here rather than clog up the rest of the forum with pointless shit

First of all, transferring profiles with a USB, I imagine the files are quite small so you wouldn't need a large USB stick would you? Also do you need a dedicated USB stick just for the profiles or can you share it with general stuff like word documents, music etc?

Also, looking at getting either a Liquid Foot 12+ or the Kemper Remote, anyone have any preferences? One thing is I imagine the LF would let you control other MIDI gear if I ever wanted to expand and I'm guessing the Kemper Remote can only control the Kemper?

Also also, what are the recommended dB levels for sending a signal from the main outs to an interface/FOH and also separately from the monitor outs to the cab?

Cheers

• Congrats and welcome! :)

I don't know if you can use the same stick with other stuff. It has to be formatted by the Kemper (though my mac can "see" it, I haven't tried putting anything else on it).

I think you'r right about the remote not being able to control other gear. I think maybe the kemper can send midi commands on down the line based on what the remote does, but I don't think it controls other stuff direcetly (without the kemper in between).

Monitor outs to cab: you do have the "powered" version of the kemper, right (I mean with the built in power amp)? Just to be sure... I don't so can't help you :)

Regarding FOH, not much experience there either. Maybe keep it low and turn up gradually during soundcheck until you get thumbs up from the FOH engineer?

Regarding interface (I'm guessing for recording?): Turn up to maybe -10 dB on the interface's meters (or lower). Record at 24 bits. Adjust the other tracks to suit this level :)

• Hi Dom (french?), 60 mo is enough for 10000 rigs. And it s faster to do a transfer with rig manager.

Nah from South East England! And ok, awesome. Is there a YT video or a specific section in the manual that just goes through Rig Manager? Probably really simple but worth asking I guess

Yeah I have the PowerRack version. I'll probably just get a small capacity USB stick just for Kemper stuff anyway. And yeah, I might just look for a LF then over the KR.

• Hi Dom welcome. I use a 1gb USB to transfer and have never filled it up. -10db is good for most FOH engineers they seem happy with this. I have no useage of the liquid foot but a few people on here do and say good things about it. IMO I'd go the remote as this will always integrate well with the KPA and any future FW updates that will come. Hope your enjoying the KPA :)

• Awesome thanks for the answers so far guys

Another question that popped in my head. I bought my KPA second hand and it's come with a bunch of profiles on. I'd kinda like to keep them in case but also start from a clean slate on the Kemper so to speak. Is it possible to transfer or keep a backup of the files from the Kemper on my computer?

• Yes. Start the Rig Manager, see your kemper. Create a folder and copy the rigs into this folder. Then you can clean up your kemper with the the factory reset. Every think is settet just like new. The old rigs are in the RM folder. If you like to take one back in your Kemper, just doubleclick on the rig in the RM. It is now show in the display of the kpa. Soft button store, and it is store in the kpa.
    Have fun

• Another quick question, I'm recording some guys on Thursday and am planning on maybe using the Kemper for bass as well. I don't have a bass at home and can't get to the studio before so won't really be able to tell what any profiles would be like first hand, but can anyone recommend any good ones? Preferably free or for a small fee

It's for a solo singer/acoustic guitar player who I'm recording with a full band, I guess if you had to liken it to an example then Ed Sheeran kinda thing. Anything that would fit with that genre.

Obviously I can play around with a few on the day so yeah, if there's a bunch anyone could recommend?