Posts by Greentea

Just received!

Opened the box, plugged it in and see this message on the Kemper Stage screen:

PRODTEST 0.4.0

Panel tests: ELED FAIL

I've tried Rig Manager and that is no good to help fix the problem.

Have not heard a sound, and it's brand new. Can anybody recommend something to fix the error? Thank you!

In the "fwiw" category I purchased the Grand Finale bundle with no intent on trying the Blackstar Artist 30.

So, I just wanted to share that, in this very subjective category, the "Blackstar Art30" profile slays for my use. Just wow. Love it!!

It's just so sweet and useful for so many tunes I play. I only stumbled across it by accident as I scrolled through profiles searching for another. For some reason I stopped to give the BS a listen (mainly because I couldn't remember what the "BS" profile was in reality).

I strummed a chord and thought, Great Googley Moogley that sounds fantastic! So fast forward about an hour and it's my go-to amp profile. Just so damn utilitarian -- feel, sound, presence... it is all there in spades!! I'm playing, not tweaking.

Thanks, Andy, for all of these gems. Great effort on your part that pays big dividends for all of our musical contributions.

So many great commercial profile contributions available for us to play music -- Michael Britt, Sounside, SinMix, Andy, Bert M., Guido, Lasse L. and the ever-growing list continues (too many to name here :) ). Thank you all.

p.s. kudos to the Blackstar Art30!!

I just bought the Grand Finale -- a few huge surprises. In particular, the Mesa Recto. It just fits perfectly in the mix.

Silverstone, SLO, they are all fantastic. Every amp profiled is a winner. Thanks, Andy!!

Getting ready to purchase the Grand Finale bundle today. Thanks, too, Andy for the promo summer sale promo code! Very helpful.

BTW any hint of the new amp? :thumbup:

(Random thought of the day: my goodness what a cheerful and great community!)

I am just about to order a Kemper black toaster head and controller package. I am seeing some problems being reported on the forum with 4.0.6.

If I order a Kemper, assuming the KPA has been sitting in a warehouse in the U.S., what firmware could it arrive with?

I suppose it really does not matter. I'm diving in and will order anyway; and, will attempt to upload the new firmware. Should be fun!!

I should add that I owned a rack unit for one week some time ago, but returned it. I am hoping this will be a keeper :)

I'll try it tonight. Never thought of that. THANK YOU, db, most sincerely!!

As a courtesy I thought I'd share the feedback that a member of the Kemper Amps Info Team told be about the front panel's elusive "X." Maybe it will help curiosity seekers :) The story is that a lot was recently produced and the "X" was accidentally not printed; said they didn't notice until the units had been shipped. So, bottom line is that I clearly received one of these rare pieces. Pretty funny actually. It sounds so incredible!

And, just to add to my thoughts on the sound, I do have five (maybe six) years of active experience with Fractal Audio; and, currently, the AF2 and KPA rest side-by-side. The big "aha" and "oh thank goodness" realization for me is that the Kemper straight out of the box involves little tweaking to achieve high tone at volume or through headphones. The AXE-FX sounds great in a different way. To say it another way and to get to my point fwiw: I DO NOT MISS THE TIME-CONSUMING DEEP DIVE I DO WITH THE AXE-FX. With the Kemper Profiler 3U rack, that sound is right there with little to no spelunking. I just play.

It's going to take some time to figure the entire unit out for live/real-world use; but, hands down it is an absolutely amazing tool for me :) Just wow!!

I hope my two posts are not overwhelming the server. Thanks, everybody, for the welcome. I'm "in"!