Posts by mwinter77

Was hanging out backstage before the Carrie Underwood show a few days ago in my home town of Seattle and they were sporting 6 Kemper Racks for the show. Unfortunately the one thing they made me promise going backstage was not to take any photos so sadly I can't show them. - but boy was it a gorgeous sight to see 3 rows of two Profiler's sitting side by side in a rack all glowing in different colors!

Each had a different preset and each was set to a different display color. I think at least four of them were used during the show with maybe 2 backups but they may have even used more than four at once not sure. At a minimum I think they were using them for the bass, 2 electric guitars, and an acoustic guitar.

Was super cool to once again see my favorite piece of gear backstage at yet another huge show. Got a bunch of big shows coming up and if I see any more Profiler's hanging out backstage I'll be sure to get cool photos the next time. The no photo thing backstage at this show was actually kind of unusual for me but Carrie really is awesome so I respected her wishes. And the show was amazingly good!

--> To me this is how most internet user forums work.

I am going to break my rule of not responding further on this just this once - this forum for one was one of the few decided exceptions until this posting obsession started taking place about a year ago. And just for the record the mods themselves have also chimed in and commented about how topics were off topic most of the time lately - so no not just a freedom of speech or general internet thing that must be tolerated. You can run a board that limits the BS and stays on topic if you want to - over and out.

The "every thread" thing was a disease which is now cured, I'm glad to say.

Not from where I sit.

I have virtually stopped coming to this otherwise awesome place specifically because it has become a chore to now try and wade through the endless dribble to find the bits of actual useful information hidden somewhere in each post.

I really think that 99% of posts should contain useful information and not just endless acknowledgements that you read something or whatever dribble is being passed.

It really is kind of sick when you post 40 times a day (seriously) and don't even really play or perform or record from what I can tell. I have held back complaining about this for months and was about to PM the mods about this as it really is that bad. But after reading that you actually know you have a problem with regard to this and yet you are still doing it I have to say something directly to you.

Please stop with this endless posting thing and help me to stop singing my new song from the past several months - "gag the monkey" (sung to the music of "Shock the Monkey" by Peter Gabriel)

And no, I won't respond to anything regarding this. You know what you do, I know what I said and I stand by it.

I only tested it against the latest inhouse beta when i processed the ticket and had no problem to reassign the effects to the slots doing it like you describe. Good to see that it can already be done in the current beta too.

The problem with 4.02 (for me) is that I can't unassign and then either assign or auto-assign using the rig menu assign page. Defining the assignments using the method you describe seems not to be affected although (again for me) that is not the most desirable way to have to reassign everything but for now it is a work-around until fixed.

I have recently run into an odd issue that I can't seem to figure out. I have some rigs that have stomps assigned and these have been mapped to the remote I-IV switches.
    I can see the assignment led's with the proper color on the remote and if I switch the stomp on//off with the head it's corresponding led on the remote changes state properly indicating the effect on/off state but I can't use the foot-switch on the remote to change the stomps state - when I push any of them I-IV nothing happens.

This happens when I assign the stomps to the remote using the rig menu 'assign stomps'. I have assigned them manually and with the auto-assign and no matter what I do they behave in the manner described above. This used to work and seems new since the latest firmware update (4.02) but may have started happening with 4.0 or earlier not sure - I just know this is a relatively new problem for me and does not happen with every rig. May need to open support ticket and send in a backup but thought I would ask here first.

** Edit **

After playing with this a bunch more tonight it appears that this problem is only happening with the new Colonial pack profiles from M Britt that I have been using (and enjoying) recently. They seem to have the unique attribute that they load with the remote showing assigned stomps but they can't be used from the remote. and even if you delete and reassign them they still can't be used from my remote. Very odd and seems confined to those profiles specifically.

@lonestargtr - Thought I would go ahead and tag you here to see if you see the same issue on your end with these profiles.

I don't consider the KPA (which DOES sound as good as a tube amp) modeling.

But it *is* modelling. The Kemper is not a tube amp but sounds like a tube amp therefore it is a digital device modelling an analog one - after all it's not playing a tape of the recorded amp or something. This is and has always been a distinction without a difference. While clearly (in my opinion) the Kemper sounds better than any other modeler I have heard and it derives it's model in a different way than say and Eleven rack or an Axe it is nonetheless still a modeling amp.

My PC and Sammy phone do just fine.
    My old IPhones and the IPads are horrible on this forum.

Probably less about the device and more about the browser. Which browser are you using on iOS? Safari is nortoriuously bad. I use chrome on iOS and don't have any issues.

I did a clip comparison here:

thegearpage.net/board/index.ph…-comfortably-numb.1633530

and decided to keep my Helix and sell my Kemper. Happy to discuss in more detail.

Nice, I got it right and I liked the Kemper sound slightly better (mostly in the lower registers) but they are really close and as you say I could live with either and be fine. Also I agree that I liked your actual playing on the helix clip better.

Thanks so much! I am always glad to hear when people connect with the tones. I have spent a lot of time lately with some of the other modeling devices (Amplifire, Helix, Fractal) and while good sounds can be found/created/etc. I keep needing to go back to my Kemper or a real amp to hear what things are supposed to sound like. I'm not sure if it's my "magic cabinet" I'm used to or what, but the Kemper just doesn't feel like work compared to the other units.

...and that should be Kempers marketing quote of the year - and one I happen to find true for myself 100% as well!

My latest addition to my collection.

A completely original 1958 Fender Strat played by Bob Dylan during the Traveling Wilburys recordings.

Plays and sounds amazing. Was last playing it using M Britt's 'Vox AC30 B3 Red 2' profile and it was insane sounding - couldn't put it down for hours and hours! Just love that profile with this guitar!
    [Blocked Image: http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/mwinter77/My%20Guitars/12717929_10156497866925627_6824936831373546554_n_zpsvgklnmfw.jpg]

I think people are getting lazy (in a positive way). ;)
    With the Profiler growing into a pretty complete ecosystem for simple and medium complex setups, there is very little need to control plenty of additional (external) gear. People love the fact that you can do pretty much everything with just the Profiler and the Remote (well, adding a guitar won't hurt either).
    No need for extended controller programming sessions, racks full of outboard gear, a confusing maze of MIDI wires, etc. ... keep it simple and effective, focus on your music. That's quite a bit of relief for some (me included).

Ask yourself if the added "technical flexibility" of a programmable controller really adds to your musical flexibility. You might be surprised that technical flexibility can easily get in the way of your musical flexibility. ;)

Remote for sure for the reasons as noted above.

This! You have paraphrased my beliefs and frankly what are simply the facts 100% here - there is no need to use a dongle to achieve the same relative security as what iLok provides. In this day and age it is simply asinine to do this any longer. For me there are enough options that I don't and won't buy a product that depends on a hardware dongle period case closed.