Posts by MtotheEikel

Their comment: Well balanced, No ice picks, Fat juicy OD, Spanky clean nice slap and the Tele tones didn't kill em at all.
    The FOH said he was able to lay back and not ride the faders since all of my profiles came across even and tones were great.

I think exactly this is the advantage of Michael using the same cab for all profiles.

I've like playing RATM sometime for fun:) Try some marshall profiles from rig exchane( medium or low gain) put wah in x or mod slot . Use single coil bridge pickup - and whammy somwhere in slot a-d) . Try to use slapback delay (short time ping pong delay).

About WAH placment i've readed this somewhere - and it sound much like RATM when you try it:)

I think Morello did both some time: Placing the wah in the loop or in front of the amp but you can get some typical sounds by placing the wah in the FX Loop (or post stack in the Kemper).

Regarding pickups I strongly suggest using a NECK single coil. In my oppinion it sounds much better and much more like RATM and I'm pretty sure he uses the neck pickup as well (in the video he also does this on his strat).

Another question: Did someone have any luck recreating the sound of the bullet in the head or war within a breath verse with the Kemper?

I guess the late released is caused by problems they had with merged profiles. Just try M Britt's stock profiles and compare them to the updated ones which he loaded on the rig manager. I think the new ones were merged with a new firmware and the sound has improved pretty much.

Perhaps Kemper and Michael Wagener haven't been happy with the merged profiles and waited for a newer firmware to release them.

While scrolling through amps, you can also switch all stomps and post effects off and loco this setting. By doing this, you hear just the amp on every profile, as the effect blocks are switched off.
    You can lock every stomp, effect, amp or cab. For example it is possible to lock the cab and try the sound with other amps or cabs.

The lock feature is quite useful while building rigs.

I'd love to get some feedback on whether it's an improvement or not before I see about including the new versions with the merged rig pack from Kemper.

Whatever you have done with your profiles: It was really good, that you've done it.
    I just played through all the profiles and compared them to the old ones and in my opinion it is a HUGE (!) improvement for most of them. Nearly all of them really sound better now. I can hardly describe the differences because english isn't my mother tongue, but I think they sound more open, have more definition and just sound bigger.
    Compared to your third pack (the only one I own until now) they quality is similar or equal now.
    Thanks for the upgrade! :thumbup:

Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of profiling lately and I think the new firmware revision just sounds fantastic overall. I'm still concentrating on mostly studio profiles but I have done a few DI/Merged ones that are ok. I'm still working on how to release the new stuff, but there should be some new amps coming out within the month. I also went back and listened to the merged rigs that I did for the 3.0 release and I'm not sure why but they sounded really funky to me. I don't know if it was because I was using a beta at the time or if it was operator error or what but I revisited those profiles and looked up the original studio and di files and worked with them, re-merging them and I think they sound a bit better. I'd love to get some feedback on whether it's an improvement or not before I see about including the new versions with the merged rig pack from Kemper. I uploaded them onto Rig Exchange and I also put a link directly from the home page of my web site (in first news story and highlighted in red). I added the * suffix to the new versions. Thanks guys!

Mike

Thanks for doing this. I will try them out and see if I can hear any differences.

I recently bought my first MBritt Pack (Pack 3), but haven't tried the profiles on my live setup yet. However, I really liked what I heard while testing through headphones :thumbup:

In my opinion, amp tone is not very important for their sound. Just find a good rock sound profile you like and it might do the trick. I have played RATM songs on a mesa boogie mark IV before I got my Kemper and was quite happy with my tone.
    I'm my opinion using a neck single coil and picking quite heavy is more important than the amp sound.
    If you need any support setting up effects for certain songs, I might be able to help you.

Edit: I'm talking about performing live, not recording RATM songs.

You may be right in many terms, but merged profiles give you the opportunity to use another cab in the profile. So you are either able to use different cabs inside the kemper, if you like them more or you can even profile the cab you are using on stage and use it with the merged profile.
    I haven't tried this yet but if it sounds good, it would be great for people with their own cabs , either for using DI profiles with just their cab or using merged profiles to send to FOH.

I'm trying to get the looper to work via sysex without success. Has anyone done this yet?
    My setup:
    I recorded a loop via the html page offered in this thread, the loop is running.
    I closed the page and opened MIDI-OX. The connection is okay (I sent a sysex message to change the rig volume and it worked) so I guess I'm sending the wrong messages to control the looper.
    As I have a running loop, I want to try to reverse it. I sent the following message but nothing changed:
    F0 00 20 33 01 7F 01 00 7D 5B 00 01 F7

Can someone help me out? Has someone tried to do this?

MtotheEikel
    Would love to hear how you're sending nrpn messages with a Roland, I've attempted it and failed so far, would be grereat to free up my X slot from being a dedicated booster.

I'm using the Pedal in Patch Mode and have CTL1 setup to send a sysex message when switching on and off. I looked up the numbers in the MIDI documentation but I don't have my FR300 with me. I might be able to check on the weekend.

You can try using the example on page 11 which tells you how to change the delay volume. You have to exchange the controller MSB and LSB (green) with from 4A 04 (which is 74 04 in decimal, compare page 9: delay is number 74, volume is 4) to whichever volume you want to use for the volume boost.
    I'm using Rig Volume which should be 04 01 (both in hex and decimal), see parameter list on page 7 of the midi documentation. The blue number is the value, 40 00 equals 50% you can either calculate or just try how much you need for your boost.
    You can also control Cab or Amp Volume via NRPN to use this as a boost.

@MtotheEikel - can you translate the number of seconds into the note count/number of measures for your desired tempo? When Tap Tempo is enabled, the “Rate” control spans over a wide range, from 32 bars to about a 1/64 note for Phaser and Flanger effects

Yes, this is actually what I did. Anyway, you have to duplicate the profile if you want to use it for songs with different tempo but the same sound.
    I guess there is no other option until now.
    It would be nice to have a soft switch "use song tempo" or something similar.

I'm using the Roland pedal as well. I think it's a great pedal and I prefer it over the Behringer although bidirectional communication is not possible.
    I got mine used for 200€, so it's just double the price of a used Behringer ;)
    I really like being able to send nrpn messages. I'm using this for boosting rig volume for solos.