Posts by somedaygone

Interesting pots. Do you have a link to them?

order was placed on 14 Jan and has not been processed. If you go to your order and select "view", do you see a note such as "You're participating to our early bird program and your Kemper Profiler Remote order will be shipped with priority. Please stay patient." If you do, you should be just fine. If not, then I'd try to get in touch with Kemper. The email they sent to us and then the note added to our orders view page is to give us some level of comfort.

So I got the email but I think that went to any one who signed up on the early bird list. Another post (attempting to quote on iPhone)
    said there should be a comment on your order saying it's an early bird, and mine didn't. That's when I noticed I used the wrong email for my order. :pinch: (face palm)

You might want to check your order and send an email in on the contact link if you don't see your bird status.

I just wanted to thank G String for all the recent comments in the Forums. We've been a pretty crabby community lately, and the comments are helping restore a little calm. There is friction and problems with any product launch, and all in all, I think the Kemper promise of quality and support is still holding true. Looking forward to moving forward soon!

:thumbup:

Feeling good to be an Early Bird...

Remote News for Eary Birds

The first Profiler Remotes will start shipping next week. For those who have ordered Remote already, we have great news for you. You will receive addition info including details on when your Remote will ship out within the next couple of days.

In case, you haven't put down your order already, please note that we will close the prioritized order for "early birds" like you on Friday, 06-March-2015.

+1 for set lists. Performances are clunky. This is probably a better feature for Rig Manager.

I would love to be able to tag rigs with a song name and artist too. Might as well add genre too because someone will want it...

Even better if I could somehow group different settings applied to the same rig: Rig 1 with stomp A on, with stomp A off and gain at 0, stomp A off and delay time at x... I'm finding that I'm beginning to get lots of copies of the same rig in my performances, I rename them to be meaningful, and then I can't tell where the rig came from.

I'm coming to KPA from Digitech's iPad pedal. I really miss being able to setup performances anywhere on my iPad. Having to have the Kemper on and guitar plugged in is a serious hit to my workflow. That said, the iPad app was a train wreck. Digitech couldn't support it properly and the UI was klutzy. I'm quite happy to wait for Kemper to get it right than to create a mess like Digitech.

The Windows MIDI routines need to be multi-threaded, so I've given up on an Excel interface. I would have stopped there, but Microsoft has made Visual Studio free, so I now have a Windows app that can send and receive MIDI messages to the KPA. I'm trying to decide what to do next... I don't think I mind the coding, but just figuring out the data structures of which parameters are valid for the 100 or so effects does not sound like a ton of fun. I've started looking at the format of the backup files to see if I can get the details easier that way. I'm open to suggestion on what the community might find useful.

If you have a current solution, the Remote is harder to justify. It's too expensive to be a must buy. To me, the key is time saving integration with Kemper. It's dead simple to setup. Anything else is a hassle to configure. The tuner is nice. I think the size is gig friendly, as much as I want integrated expression pedals, I like that the moving parts are separate and easier to swap out when they break (all moving parts will break at some point!). I also think they are going to pack better in a bag as separate pedals. To me the looper is a gimmick, but I'll use it to practice soloing and listen to myself play, so I expect it to be a good skill building tool. If you're buying it just for the looper you're wasting your money. There are better options for that...

If I had a pedal or didn't have the cash handy, I'd wait, but I avoided the Kemper since it came out because it didn't come with a pedal. When I saw the pedal was coming soon, that's when I bought in.

Kemper is a good company. They support their products and stand for quality. That's really what I'm after. I'm done buying crap. I like firmware version 3. Most manufactures don't invest like that.

All said, this is a value decision. Look at the features and ask if it's worth the price to you. No right or wrong answers here.