Posts by terje_t

Thank you! Since you asked if I was sure about the inputs (I had chosen the numbers corresponding to what I saw in Scarlett MixControl) I went through them all in Logic and the SPDIF sound is indeed coming in on input 9-10. Problem solved!

:)

TAF also profiled the Status Quo Marshalls IIRC.
    The TAF AC30 custom pack contains profiles of the AC 30 that was in Abbey Road and recorded on countless records,

I've since bought The Amp Factory Abbey Road AC30 and, well, wow! I didn't think I was that into Voxes, they've sounded a bit boxy to me, but this sounds just great, both cleans and the more dirty. :thumbup: Very usable and inspirational sounds.

Hi,

This is probably not really a Kemper issue as much as a Logic/Focusrite issue but I'm posting it anyway in the hope that some of you have the same setup or have seen the problem before.

I've been using two regular jack cables into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 to record to Logic Pro X until now. It's been working just fine. I thought I'd move to SPDIF to make sure I'm not losing any sound quality between my Kemper and the sound card. My problem is that no sound shows up in Logic:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/EBaYc9O.png]

As you can see from the screenshot, there's sound coming into the Scarlett, and I can indeed hear this sound just fine if I turn on Zero Latency Tracking in Scarlett MixControl (routing the inputs straight back instead of through the DAW).

I'd expect to hear sound in Logic, but it is silent and as you can see the meter (Audio 8) is not showing any signal.

I've switched back to jack cables after and that is still working fine.

Anyone know what could be causing this? My project setting is 44.1kHz in Logic, the same as in Scarlett MixControl.

I couldn't be more impressed with the Kemper after my first gig with it! Even after such a short time in advance playing with it I had zero problems about effects not sounding right, levels between presets, sounds not cutting through or stuff sounding very different than it did in the rehearsal room. All problems I've had at one time or another with my Pod HD500X. It has been demoted to serving as a Kemper midi remote until the Kemper Remote arrives ;)

I'm equally impressed by the musicality of the Kemper, for lack of a better term. All effects start with a good sounding starting point, and tuning it to suit is easy and musical, it's almost hard to get a bad sound from this thing. The reverb and delay as well, with their two knobs for quick tuning. With the Pod, I almost never adjusted things directly on the unit, even though that's completely possible. With the Kemper I of course don't have an editor on my Mac but I don't miss one either, and I appreciate that it is so easy to do right on the unit.

Add to that the little touches, such as the tuner display coming up when the volume pedal is at zero. I'm sold!

What profiles of famous amps exists out there? I've seen that The Amp Factory has a profile of a DR. Z Wreck [1] that I interpret as having been used by Brad Paisley at a live show in London. Aside from that there's of course the rather excellent Ace of Skunk Anansie rig pack.

Any others that you know of? Used by famous guitarists or amps used on a known record? I find this a fun selling point for the Kemper, after explaining how it does what it does, "listen to this amp, it's a copy of the actual amp used by so and so".

[1] - http://www.theampfactory.com/custom-shop/

Oh I think I understand: you're worried that you have a problem with the special two-in-one cable and you won't have an easy replacement? The thought has crossed my mind too! :D

I do have a simple headphone extension cable so I have a two cable backup solution if the special cable breaks. I can then use that together with a regular guitar jack cable.

Two weeks into my Kemper ownership I was getting a bit overwhelmed with the possibilities and range of rigs available. I got this illustration idea from someone on the forum. Can't find the thread again, sorry!

Anyway, these are the amps I'll be playing this at a gig friday, thanks to user timowens and The Amp Factory. The cabs are probably not accurate from the profiles, but it gives me a bit more of a real feeling to see them "in front of me". I don't even know how many thousands of EUR we're talking in amps here but they are sounding incredible. So thanks to Kemper and to timowens and Amp Factory Andy!

The Clean/Crunch/Lead names are a bit misleading as I use either amps with pedals as well so they are a bit overlapping and depends more on the song I'm playing.

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Rn52X7O.png]

I use a cabled in ear system and I find it to be by far superior in sound quality compared to the entry level LD Systems MEI 1000 [1] wireless system I was using before. I don't have experience with other wireless systems but if this is anything to go by I'd say steer clear of wireless until you can afford a decent system.

For now I'm using a passive volume control belt pack from Fischer Amps [2] connected using a Rock On Audio combined cable [3] to a Behringer headphone amp on the other end. I have a small mini-jack to XLR plug to go between the cable and the belt pack.

Very happy with this setup! The sound is super clean and I have it running in stereo.

A couple things to note:

• I'm a bit worried about my guitar with the Fischer belt pack, it is made of metal with rather sharp edges and knocks at my guitar now and then, particularily when I take it on and off.
    • The Rock On cable is allright but really is just a long sock with the two cables inside so I'm trying to be careful not to twist it too much when packing, I don't want the cables to become a tangled mess inside the sock.

I'm going to look at using the headphone out of my Kemper when I don't have the rack that the Behringer headphone amp sits in with me. I'm not sure it can be done how I'm picturing it but I'll report back!

To Netheravon and about this: Page 21 of the reference manual describes the Auxiliary input(s) which I was imagining using for the monitor feed from the desk.

[1] - http://www.thomann.de/gb/ld_systems_mei_1000_g2.htm
    [2] - http://www.thomann.de/gb/fisch…bodypack_mit_lsregler.htm
    [3] - http://www.rockonaudio.com/?page=CAB-001

Hi,

Thanks for all the work you people put into making profiles available for free! timowens' Friedman BE100 in particular has made its way into my heart and will serve at a gig this coming friday. Can't wait! The squishy crunch sounds in between my power chords are heaven!

I was wondering if any of you would be willing to check out the Pignose profile I just uploaded to the Rig Exchange, try it out and give me your opinions if there's anything you think could have been done better, or if there's anything you like about it in particular? I tried to include a simple effect setup (although disabled, aside from the reverb) that I think sounds ok with the profile. Is there anything you would have done differently?

I realise this is a dinky little amp, but it has its charms! Good crunch as long as you don't get too fancy with the chords, and it cleans up to a warm very slight drive when you turn down the volume.

+1 on this! I'd be willing to pay for profiles of the Earl, Silverback or Countess from Victory amps. Any of you pros willing to take it on? :)

Just got a Kemper and I had to try a commercial profile to satisfy my curiosity. If all your profiles are as cool as this one you will be bad for my wallet!

I love the way the sound of the speaker working in a small cabinet really comes through in these! Thanks so much.