Posts by chu

I disagree. Look at something like Steve Vai's Ballerina. There's always scope to push the envelope with effects, I for one will never be satisfied.

I'd argue that Ballerina fits with what creative360 was saying. It's a solo song, written around the effects. Nothing wrong with that of course. There will always be a place for scrutinising the specifics of a reverb/delay/modulation/whatever to the nth degree but it becomes much less important once you add drums, bass and vocals, particularly if you're not using a great live engineer etc.

I for one am usually satisfied simply to still be able to hear myself at all once the drummer starts getting excited! ;)

It's not recognised as an issue by Kemper and appears to be intentional. When switching with the Remote, there is no lag in switching, only on the display on the Remote changing. It's been said many times on here by the Mods that is works how they want it to.

Kemper have never showed any interest in creating an editor, have they? I don't believe they have so would recommend accepting that there never will be one.

Kemper stated earlier this year that the new delays will be released later this year. As much as I really want to have them, they're not overdue yet so continue to wait patiently.

I've had my LD100 MEI for 2 1/2 years, using it at gigs and (due to the bass player owning the PA and not being able to understand how to sort out the mix!) at band practices every week for a year. I do use custom moulded IEMs but I've never had any issues, there is an occasional fuzzy/squelchy noise but that's quite rare and doesn't effect my performance. I've seen this mentioned about every system that uses this technology and is the reason professional bands use high powered paddle antennae on stage. I'm also lead vocalist, so my guitar isn't the loudest thing in the mix so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Not intending to be disrespectful, I do remember Ingolf speaking highly of his LD 1000 until he got the Sennheiser. There's no LD system on here but this makes a great listen/read :

http://churchtecharts.org/home…ss-iem-shootout-pt-1.html

I'll be honest, despite having been here for some time now I can't say that I like it here much.

Please, don't be offended. There are plenty of likeable users posting excellent posts, in friendly, helpful ways but I always feel the place is slightly cold and sterile. But reading G String's post really does make it make sense.

You're right, this isn't the place to hangout and talk to friends in a social forum. There are plenty of other places for that. This is a place for Kemper users to get together and help each other, learn, share ideas and make the most out of their Kempers in a friendly and respectful way. At the core of this, it remains the official forum for Kemper amps and therefore it needs to remain professional.

I have learned much from here, I've never had a bad word with anyone and have hopefully contributed a little back.

Do not adjust your truss rod unless you are absolutely confident that you can do this without seriously screwing up your guitar! It should be the very last thing you play with in any setup.

I disagree with. Once fitted with new strings, it's one of the first things I'd do when doing a full set-up and definitely before intonating. Adjusting the truss rod is about setting the desired amount of relief to the neck and changing this will have a knock on effect to the action, which will have a knock on effect to the intonation. Adjusting a truss rod is very simple, if

a) you have the correct tool,
    b) the guitar has ever been set up before,
    c) you work in small movements,
    d) you have an understanding as to what a truss rod does.

To the OP: Yes, I believe the Kemper tuner will work fine for intonating a guitar. I have used many different tuners for this purpose and the Kemper compares well to all of them. You are comparing the 12th fret harmonic to the 12th fret fretted note aren't you? Make sure that you're adjusting the bridge with a slackened string and that the saddle is fully settled into position. For example, on many Strat/PRS type trem/bridges, if you shorten the string length with the intonation adjusting screw, the saddle may not fully move that way if there is any pressure from the string. Also make sure that you are using the correct finger pressure upon the fretboard for the fretted note and aren't pushing it sharp (easily done if working with the guitar on a bench).

Yep, 2 & 3 sound terrible but I never use the distortion pedals in the Kemper.

Try Rig Manager and search for Sinmix's free profiles. There's some great heavy stuff there, my particular favourite is his Marshall 6100.

Every profile has been created to suit the creator's environment. The guitar, pickups, monitoring and whether it is for bedroom, album, live band etc all change the way a tone would be shaped.

As Trazan says, the heel down setting is the default setting. Therefore if you want a clean - driven morphed patch with the pedal moving that way, you'll need to start off in clean. You could always modify the morphing pedal with a reverse potentiometer.

I use either a HD500 or a simple Boss switcher. I'm on 4.02 and thoroughly recommend the 4.0X series. I'll update to 4.06 soon but 4.02 has been entirely stable for me.

With the HD500, morphing works perfectly. I also use a modified Crybaby and morphing works great with that too. Get it done!!

By putting one speaker out of phase, it is essentially moving backwards when its twin is moving forward. This has a particular impact on the bass and I can't say that I'd ever desire that result. I've correctly identified many setups (home AV, car audio, semi-pro audio) as being wired out of phase.

Neither the PowerHead nor the PowerRack will provide signal in stereo for passive cabs.

From any Kemper Profiler, you need either a pair of mono amps or a stereo amp to use two passive cabinets in stereo. Any will also work in stereo with two active monitors.

From any Kemper Profiler, you can use both the XLRs and the 1/4" outs at the same time. Therefore, you can feed the FOH and your own amps/active cabs if you desire without the need to use the direct out/monitor out.

It's rather pointless as a clean/lead preset selector and really can be a bit confusing if you've only ever come from that background ie with a traditional amp.

I use two morph presets in a 10 song set. Essentially on those sections where you build and build the song. One in particular is a lead tone, slightly lower gain, a little delay and almost no reverb. Push the treadle and you move towards higher gain, more compression, stacks of delay and bigger reverb. I think it even fades in the harmoniser for extra noise.

On the recorded version, it goes into this tremolo picking section with vocal harmonies mimicking the guitar. Yes, I could just use a different preset but being able to build it with the rest of the band makes for a much more dynamic effect.

Yep. I use either one of the freebies from RigManager or I use one of the body profiles from Soundside. It does a very good job or filling out and smoothing a fairly old Takamine that often sounds very quacky.

Not to throw a spanner in the works but....

I started off with this idea. You can get great tones from a cab with a Kemper. You can get great tones with a FRFR and a Kemper. I never found I could do both. I thought that simply turning off cab emulation would suffice but it really doesn't. Anything I set to sound great with the cab became unusable with the XLR/6.35mm outputs and vice versa. That compromised my use of the Kemper and I ended up going FRFR as a direct result.

That said, I know that I can take my Kemper and use a house cab and sound great but just not using my usual profiles.

I've got the Powerhead and I love it. I bought it because I was 100% convinced I was going to use my guitar cab with it. but after a couple of months, I bought a passive Matrix FRFR cab. There's no going back to a guitar cab for me now.

Whilst I like the fact I could take my Kemper anywhere and use someone else's cab, I know the sounds I've use won't sound right even with the cab switched off on the Kemper. So even though I am completely happy with my setup, I do believe it comes down to whether you need a guitar cab form monitor. If you're happy to use PA style wedges etc then the answer is definitely passive Kemper, active monitor.

Everyone loves to beat on Behringer but the stuff by them that I have has been brilliant, no issues at all.

I've got a Matrix FR212. It sounds excellent. It is the 16ohm model so the Kemper runs in 300w mode, that's never been an issue for me in my band but we are a fairly sensible volume.