Posts by Freisegler

Not sure whether this has been answered before, so please have patience with me :)

How do I maintain a mid-setting for my Mission pedal when I´m not moving it just a little? For example, if I want to maintain a mid-setting wah sound I have to keep the pedal moving slightly, otherwise the tone cuts out after approx 1/2 second when stationary until I move the pedal again? I could do this without problems on my crybaby. Is this a problem with all control pedals or only passive (load only) ones? ?(

Thanks for any advice... :)

yep, sure its different. I just say that modellers who copy amps circuit boards for recreating the sound of orginal amps will be taken to court before the KPA is for profiling

as for my words, sometimes i am typing too fast. apologies

@pamplemousse How's about learning Cockney rhyming slang? There are so many acceptable euphemisms for what we are talking about... ;)

As for suing modellers I'm now 52 and I'm sure that that won't happen in my lifetime. Work backwards from the principle of sound generation. A sound can be generated either using tubes etc. or a modeller amp. The tubes are hard physical objects. The modeller works with software algorithms. Both use a loudspeaker, but that's where the similarity ends. If one states that the tube amp is unique, and protectable by copyright and (more rarely) patent standards, then so is the creative algorithm that simulates the amp. The sound produced per se cannot be protected (unless it's a piece of music, of course). The two ways of getting the sound are as different from one another as chalk and cheese. Both stand alone. What is more interesting IMO is the IP battles between tube amp builders themselves and modellers themselves.

I'll get my coat...

have we seen an amp market crisis because of the KPA? no
    the number of amp manufacturers around the globe has been growing exponentially over the years. for sure a recession will come and it will not be due to the KPA.
    do we see the change in market coming? not sure. I myself know much more amp brands and models since I own the KPA, and some I'd really wanna own.

rigs are snapshots and nothing but copies. clone amps are copies, clone component-based modellers also are. these will be taken to court way before the KPA.

ethics is a point of view. each one has its perception. opening a debate is fair. keeping blocked positions videos after videos rejecting others vision makes you a cunt.

@pamplemousse I didn't know you could get a pussy so easily... Language please gents... =O

As for suing I think there is a difference between a clone and a modeller. Sure, a clone is so similar to the original hardware, but with software, now that's quite another IP issue...

So, what you are saying is:
    There's no need to fear,
    Fier will soon be here!

@paults
    Vier actually (my hovercraft eez full of eels) ;)
    P.S. My name is actually "Freesailor" ´cos I´m a Brit - hence the Monty Python bit 8o

@damariaci A friend of mine had real trouble from UPS with a computer delivery. I didn´t like the way they dealt with the damage issue. Sloppy, and then turn on legal stuff when you complain. Man I´m sorry about what happened to you... :(

@db9091 You are so right about strats. I´ve got a 94 Japstrat and it does´t have the sparkle. I´m not sure why. So I suffered from player´s demotivation when I started to play again after a break of nearly 15 years, ´cos this Strat just didn´t have it. I also had a 50 watt valve state and that didn´t help either. I then got a LP and an H&K Tubemeister and bang! I was back to business. Now I´ve profiled the H&K, got Matthias Jabs´ (Scorpions) old stage Mastercaster a Martin and a PRS408 and I´m flying. :)

@solo Welcome! It gets even better. What I find now is that I can distinguish between even the high gain profiles done on the same amp but with a different mike. And I'm only a beginner. The flipside is that with so many profiles to choose from, it's difficult to decide which profile to use for which song... ;) Still, keep on Kempering!

Adopt, adapt, improve. (Round Tablers´ motto). Morality aside, in the case of any objective or majority perceived disruptive technology, legislation has to be adapted in the interests of all users of the community perhaps... I´ll get my coat...

@Nikos be careful with talking about not feeding the troll thing. In a past Kemper life I was banned for saying DNF against someone vociferously extoling the virtues of the LINE 6 in the other gear section and saying Kemper wasn't the real deal. He baited me and provoked me to respond. This person must have made a stink somewhere in the internal workings of the Kemper clan, and I found myself locked out of the forum. I still have my Kemper, but it's frustrating not to be able to contribute to the Owners' section of the forum. :wacko: