Posts by pamplemousse

I've read somewhere there are three main alternatives:

• DXR for general use
    • Atomic for home/studio/rehearsals
    • Red Sound for live use

Maybe it's a bit oversimplified... Do you agree? Any comments?

I haven't played any but ordered a cab from red sound. I'm dying to receive it (not sure this is proper english).
    however, I'm gonna say that those who played them all are not many and such sentence is one's personal conclusion. this is certainly oversimplified. there are way too many subjective parameters in such a choice. myself I chose red cab cause I wanted a 12' with cab form factor, not too linear. I mean with a little feel. Gianfranco made me wanna buy the red sound one. we'll see

no need to further discuss this, people are free to express themselves the way they want on this forum, as long as there is no offense to others of course.
    yes, I wanna see spring reverbs in the KPA. I'm fully in line with this request.
    now it's written

dear skoczy -
    i was never able to understand why you believe that instructing people to _like_ a post will make a different. in any case, to us, it doesn't because we do not take it into account. same goes for "+1" to a degree. to support a feature, the replying poster should express the reason why he supports the feature.

so please refrain from attempting to make people "like" posts to support feature request.

I myself think this is a good way to support an idea

I'm not at all in Japan but I strongly encourage you to profile, and share ;)

the day I bought my LP std from 2005, I went to my place biggest store and played all LPs. I tried many LPs std. none had an identical tone, and I got surprised how important the difference can be. Now I can't tell if they were all 2005 std ones with exact same construction, but they were all std models from close year of production.

among them all, one was much better sounding than all others. that's the one I picked up. that was in 2007 and I have only played this guitar since. that does not mean I have no more temptation for guitars

Mesa Boogie Roadster & 4x12 cab, sold it for half the price I bought it in 2007. That paid the powered KPA, but not the Red Sound cab which I shoud receive in the next weeks. Got rid of a Boss TU-2 also.

in the end it's money out and pleasure back

you won't escape from hearing them all. your guitar, room and ear shapes as well as personal preferences makes each rig unique to you. just come by around here on the forum in sections free rigs and commercial rigs. check what's rated best on RE
    and take time, you will love them more
    cheers

I keep near 900 on kpa cause most of them are commercials, they sound so badass i can t delete. For me the party is over in testing with rig Manager. Cause you get lost in testing profiles and don t play guitar. My opinion, you can tweak every rig so that it sounds good.
    Live i use 5 rigs

OMG 900 commercial profiles you're a business market on your own ;)
    ~150 on the toaster for me, ~1000 in RM. I connect them twice a month approx.
    none commercial, plenty of timowens, jerevil, sirius and oraakkeli's as well freebies from mbritt. *
    if I had to go to commercial, I'd probably look for a great plexi (so far mbritt's the best sounding IMHO) and rigbuster's klon centaur package (the free one is awesome to me)